• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Sorry for double posting, but another thing I thought of; what if these human trials of the vaccine (which are starting tomorrow) go fantastically well? The Oxford professor developing it thinks they could have 1 million doses by September, and 100 million doses by the end of 2020: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cine-uk-nhs-matt-hancock-latest-a9476901.html

We may also find an effective treatment with existing drugs by the latter half of the year; maybe this would give us an exit path?

Sorry for double posting, but another thing I thought of; what if these human trials of the vaccine (which are starting tomorrow) go fantastically well? The Oxford professor developing it thinks they could have 1 million doses by September, and 100 million doses by the end of 2020: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...cine-uk-nhs-matt-hancock-latest-a9476901.html

We may also find an effective treatment with existing drugs by the latter half of the year; maybe this would give us an exit path?
There's a difference between having doses and having doses ready for use

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Our testing system is an absolute joke. Up until this week our nearest testing station for Suffolk was Chessington. Now its Ipswich BUT we have been told we can only get testing if we show symptoms and then we have to be referred to get an appointment. On the current test rate it would take about 11 and a third YEARS to test the remaining population that are untested.

Our testing system is an absolute joke. Up until this week our nearest testing station for Suffolk was Chessington. Now its Ipswich BUT we have been told we can only get testing if we show symptoms and then we have to be referred to get an appointment. On the current test rate it would take about 11 and a third YEARS to test the remaining population that are untested.
I can't imagine testing the majority of the population to ever be viable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In terms of testing we are doing quite good in the SW. We can do over 1000 a day now and are one of only four hospitals in the UK able to give results within 1-2 hours.

Interestingly, as things are progressing, I'm actually starting to think that Sweden's idea has been quite good, even though I admit it's controversial. It protects the vulnerable while also not wrecking the economy.

Also, some scientists now predict that Sweden could have herd immunity by next month, so it's worked quickly.

Sadly Matt there is no one size fits all solution for each country. Sweden is twice the size of Britain with a population of 10M vs 66M in Blighty, with Stockholm has a population of 1.5M vs 8.6M for London. 2M of Sweden's population is 65+ and 10M of the UK population is 65+.

Basically I'm saying we are comparing Swedes and Turnips.

I guess they not waiting for the gov to start the lockdown recovery
May the 4th be with you :D

You see, further fibs from industry on twitter.
Just driven a round trip of 20 miles to assist an elderly housebound customer.
Seen major earthworks and builders actually doing work on three different sites in the Ribble Valley, two by major companies who arent wimpy!
All in the last hour.

You see, further fibs from industry on twitter.
Just driven a round trip of 20 miles to assist an elderly housebound customer.
Seen major earthworks and builders actually doing work on three different sites in the Ribble Valley, two by major companies who arent wimpy!
All in the last hour.

Where is the lie? They said first major house builder to announce the are starting construction. Is the other construction you saw commercial buildings not a housebuilder maybe? Or just that company hasn't announced they are re-starting ;-)

yougov did a poll about masks
more people will not wear masks than will
M6P8lml.png

And that surprises you because...? Or are you just trying to find stuff to whinge about for the sake of it?
Have to agree in a way with @bluesonichd - there are a lot of key workers out there who aren’t NHS staff who don’t have a choice but keep working and still have to deal with the same restrictions as non key workers.

Last edited:
Sadly Matt there is no one size fits all solution for each country. Sweden is twice the size of Britain with a population of 10M vs 66M in Blighty, with Stockholm has a population of 1.5M vs 8.6M for London. 2M of Sweden's population is 65+ and 10M of the UK population is 65+.

Basically I'm saying we are comparing Swedes and Turnips.
That is true, and the science for Britain may well have been very different to the science for Sweden. I'm sure the government thought this through, and gave us the best possible strategy they could.