• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
But that the problem. You go out. Some else goes out. Other people see and they go out.
All of a sudden being socially distance is a problem.

:mad:

If you want fresh air go and sit in your garden. Or open a window

OMG
:mad:
Mands encouraging people to go out and pick up lunch... oh have a walk along the front while your at it... sit and watch sea with everyone else

Went out with the dog last two days, plenty of people as always but beyond those in their family/couple groups everyone giving the safe distance. Even the guy I nattered to for a bit whilst the dog went on her usual mental run.

Taking her to just the garden isn't enough for a Collie.

Reactions: Mer
Can we avoid double-posting? Some threads are being totally dominated by one or two individuals, making it really difficult to see any new or interesting information, or spark meaningful discussion :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Governemt was advised to take the average wage and pay it to every household and/or freeze the financial services industry and basically close the country down, around 4 weeks ago by some economic advisors, I think the figure was £6k.

It's a really difficult situation to control, for instance my wife has just had her usual monthly "a minimum payment of £x is required" email from the credit card company, no payment holidays for her it seems, so how do you stop people just thinking screw it and buying loads of things on credit? Freeze cards? I dunno... Difficult.

Do you even know what the current advice and guidance is? We are not under a curfew.

People going out are not stupid, it's fine to do so if you practice social distancing. Go out, walk the dog, go to shops for essentials. Just don't interact with anyone you don't already live with and follow the hygiene guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

XlNs1Cx.jpg

I have had to put a big sign up on the door of the building containing Estates at work saying 'The college is operating a NO handshake policy' as contractors still want to shake.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Now you understand how people have been behaving around Jess for the past decade, a total nightmare, see more below...

The problem is @pluk is the vast majority are not practicing social distancing, I had to go out yesterday for milk and I had a young girl in front of me coughing continuously BUYING BEER, I gave her 2 meters and idiots jumped into the gap, then the idiot behind started complaining that I'd left too much room, when I told him if he got any closer he'd have to buy me dinner, he looked at me with a gormless look on his face and simply didn't get it.

Three of us cut the grass at the club yesterday and managed to do it without getting within 5 meters of each other, it was quiet funny shouting across the field talking, but our throats soon good sore so we resorted to radios, but a good 95% of people I've seen outside are not practicing social distancing and will no doubt complain when we are under full quarantine.

As I've said many times over the years, we have been practising social distancing for many years due to Jess' medical condition, despite the signs on her wheelchair, me telling people to step back (we only were asking arms length which is her personal space and not the current 3 meters), I can tell you all these years (12 years approx) we have caused many arguments over this just because people just didn't get the importance of the non touching and social distance thing with regards to Jess. People just didn't realise that our boundaries were there for a reason and they just didn't think that it applied to them. Their need to touch Jess or get close was far more important than respecting Jess' heath or personal space.

I think the bottom line is either people don't get the social distancing thing, or just simply don't give a f****

think the bottom line is either people don't get the social distancing thing, or just simply don't give a f****

Yup sounds about right.

My neighbour has lived here three years, we barely see her and when she is here, the kids are tucked up indoors because they are both asthmatic - they are presently out in the street running up and down kicking a ball about, their nan who usually looks after them while mum works, is in her eighties, and is sitting in the garden next to her other daughter, who herself has an underlying health condition, both smoking fags.

If this teaches us anything, it's that if you tell someone to do one thing, they will do the opposite even if it means breaking the habit of a lifetime to do it.

I hope you guys get through this ok cos if this is an example of most streets, this is going to thin the herd quiet a bit once this is all over.

An Italy-style lockdown is reportedly being "considered" if people do not obey the social distancing advice: https://apple.news/AXmp8GbE3TsqUOXGU71InOA
In all honesty, I would probably prefer a shorter period of complete lockdown than a longer period of the current measures, because I think that a shorter period of complete lockdown would stop the spread more effectively and allow us to return to our normal lives within a shorter amount of time. I understand that it would be hard, but I think that the sooner we act, the sooner we can get on top of coronavirus.

The trouble is a total lockdown will punish the 95% who are sensible, it's only the 5% idiots (like my neighbour who now appears to be having a garden party with about 15 kids and 20 adults down there now) and if we do go to total lockdown, the chances of these idiots respecting the lockdown are somewhere between slim and none.

The hard part of me says, they'll get what they deserve in the end, so long as they don't infect me I don't care.

But if lockdown was enforced, with army and police on the streets like in Italy and France, then it might be a deterrent of sorts? I know I certainly wouldn't want to mess with the police or the armed forces...

Also, doesn't the emergency coronavirus bill allow the police to arrest people defying the laws put into place?

The trouble is a total lockdown will punish the 95% who are sensible, it's only the 5% idiots (like my neighbour who now appears to be having a garden party with about 15 kids and 20 adults down there now) and if we do go to total lockdown, the chances of these idiots respecting the lockdown are somewhere between slim and none.
This. It’s really sad - there’s no reason that social distancing can’t effectively be done whilst still having access to the outside world, going for walks, even carrying on with life to like 10% of normality at least. If idiots continue to behave the way they are doing so, then we’ll head towards total lockdown, when it could so easily be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised there hasn't been any communications from utility companies. If people are isolated, quarantined, or just working from home then their bills are going to be higher than usual if they're home all day.

Sorry if I'm missing something but considering we should all be remaining indoors already bar emergencies and food shopping, how does a total lockdown negatively affect you?

Sorry if I'm missing something but considering we should all be remaining indoors already bar emergencies and food shopping, how does a total lockdown negatively affect you?

Wrong.

Outdoor exercise is not being discouraged yet, assuming social distancing is observed.

And people going to work as well?

Total lockdown would be a huge difference.