• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Coronavirus

Coronavirus - The Poll

• Total voters
Wrong.

Outdoor exercise is not being discouraged yet, assuming social distancing is observed.

And people going to work as well?

Total lockdown would be a huge difference.
Try being less condescending next time, but point taken.

It's difficult to determine what outdoor activities are acceptable or not, however. If many folks in a city went out for a jog it'll be just as crowded as the paths going up Snowden.

:( never been so angry at people since Brexit :mad:
hnXKgmP.png

I apologise for all my posts in here today. my brain pixies went off on one,. going to go count to ten aand lay down away from the internet for a while :disappointed: Twitter is no good for mental health :triumph:
I don't think you are alone. I am getting hack off with people not getting it. Seen this on Facebook and it's right

4a22f371c4d0bba0a285b848414aab64.jpg

Edit - image replaced with rude word blanked

The problem is, people don't see how it affects them. They can be healthy, they don't see lots of sick people, so they carry on. They don't realise they could already be infected, they could be spreading it right now and that they might end up killing people because of it. That video posted by @Rojo was excellent and shows how people can be led into a false sense of security.

People think these controls are about stopping themselves getting infected, they don't even register that they might be providing a path for the virus to reach somebody who could be seriously at risk. Six degrees of separation can just as equally apply between us and somebody who is vulnerable. Don't provide that link for the virus.

I apologise for all my posts in here today. my brain pixies went off on one,. going to go count to ten aand lay down away from the internet for a while :disappointed: Twitter is no good for mental health :triumph:
No need to apologise @bluesonichd; these are strange times, and I think strange times can sometimes incur strange responses. Besides, I don't see anything wrong with your posts, anyway; to me, they're just you sharing your opinion on the current situation like we all are!

I think it's important that people can still go out doors but the police should be able to shut down any events, mass gatherings etc. I went out today, ensured it was far away from others, didn't see anyone else and had a lovely day out in the fresh air.

With regards Italy, maybe their lockdown is slowing results, there has been a 15% decline in new cases and 18% decline in new deaths with respect to yesterdays figures.

Hopefully the downward trend will now continue.

It doesn't help this weekend has seen the nicest/hottest weather in a very long time.

Took the dog for a walk to the park earlier. Not a soul in sight, was quite nice. Everyone must have been at Barry Island.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

What this needs is a few young people, with no underlying medical conditions, to die, the more famous the better, preferably (as a famous person will attract more attention, not saying I want celebs to die lol, a television presenter would be ideal, someone people can relate to).

I'm sorry to sound crass but at this point I think only this, or stumbling across dead bodies while out on their jollies will make people take notice. I've been universally panned by what I considered to be friends for going to the field to fly my drone, the closest I get to another human is about a mile, I can even get to my car without coming within 50m of anybody else - if I am being irresponsible doing that, then why is it fine for the same people to go to the seaside on a jolly?

I'm honestly rapidly loosing patience with people, you go out only if you absolutely need to, not because the sun is shining, it's not rocket science, I'm not planning to go out again until Wednesday, I've got plenty to keep me occupied, hence why I say maybe what this whole problem needs is a few young famous people to die.

I think it's important that people can still go out doors but the police should be able to shut down any events, mass gatherings etc. I went out today, ensured it was far away from others, didn't see anyone else and had a lovely day out in the fresh air.

With regards Italy, maybe their lockdown is slowing results, there has been a 15% decline in new cases and 18% decline in new deaths with respect to yesterdays figures.

Only trouble is that's a decline from yesterday, which means new cases are still being reported, in a country that has practically had everybody locked indoors for a month - either their enforcement of the quarantine isn't good enough, or it isn't working.

The other thing to remember is we won't see the effects of any advice, closures, lockdowns etc immediately. On the assumption there's a 5 day incubation period before symptoms appear, it'll be about a week before we see if any measure is having any bite.

In relation to my response to @GaryH too, the medical lady today in the Government briefing also said the virus doesn't spread so quickly outdoors because it struggles to survive in sunlight, but it does survive longer indoors and thus increases the chances of infection exponentially, which is why they're not saying to people you must stay indoors all the time and it's ok to go out, so long as you practice social distancing and good hygiene (on a related note, I've never washed my hands so much as I do now lol).

Maybe this has in part contributed to Italy's continually increasing body count, according to the experts the virus cannot be got by it simply being on your hands, you must injest it to be infected, so imagine the situation, Mario has popped to the shops for some fags, he lent on the counter while paying, and got the virus, from a previous customer, onto his hands. He went home, opened the front door, then opened the bathroom door and did the dutiful thing and washed his hands.

As he left the bathroom, he put his hand on the door handle to close the door, and the virus was back on his hand, ready for the next time he picked his nose...

I've said all along, locking people up indoors won't stop the virus spreading becuase of this, and I've seen this happen personally with nurovirus, my wife got it a few years ago after touching a door handle that someone with nurovirus had touched moments earlier.

So I guess the lesson here is everytime you wash your hands after being out, to also clean everything you've touched indoors whilst going from the door to the bathroom.

Government has announced a change.to assault law. If someone walks up to you and without moving you can land a punch it will be classified as covid defence.

(For clarity, this is fake news. Unfortunately)
Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Maybe the Italian lockdown means that instead of just letting the cases build up, they've made it so that they can try and keep the previous period as their peak? If so, then I'd say that lockdown might be a good idea for this country.

What this needs is a few young people, with no underlying medical conditions, to die, the more famous the better, preferably (as a famous person will attract more attention, not saying I want celebs to die lol, a television presenter would be ideal, someone people can relate to).
While not a celebrity, it would seem that your wish has been partially granted @IanSR; an 18-year-old was among the deaths today and is now Britain's youngest coronavirus death: https://apple.news/ACGCfbkVrR3CAqHM-jtH4AQ

How sad; well, anyone dying is sad, but it seems particularly sad when someone dies so young. My thoughts go out to the families of those who've died.
EDIT: Oh no, I've double posted again! I really am so sorry, moderators!

The problem is, people don't see how it affects them. They can be healthy, they don't see lots of sick people, so they carry on. They don't realise they could already be infected, they could be spreading it right now and that they might end up killing people because of it. That video posted by @Rojo was excellent and shows how people can be led into a false sense of security.

People think these controls are about stopping themselves getting infected, they don't even register that they might be providing a path for the virus to reach somebody who could be seriously at risk. Six degrees of separation can just as equally apply between us and somebody who is vulnerable. Don't provide that link for the virus.

This should help visualise your point Alsty

Covid-19-Transmission-graphic-01.gif

Six degrees of separation eh? Hope Kevin Bacon doesn't get it or we're screwed.