• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Doctor Who

Glad to see someone who will take the role back to the grit and gravitas of the best doctor to date, Christopher Eccleston.

No more of the gurning school-children Tennant and Smith, hooray!

Wasn't it eleven?

All 6 of Enemy of the World and 5 of Web of Fear.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Nope, it was 9 episodes found.

Enemy of the World: Episodes 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 found. They already have episode 3. Although did find a second copy of episode 3 with the other episodes found ones (hence why different articles are quoting different numbers).

The Web of Fear: Episodes 2, 4, 5 and 6 found. Episode 1 is already in the BBC archives. Episode 3 is currently still lost.

Ahhh got it!

Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully this discovery has opened a door for more recoveries!

*fingers crossed for The Daleks' Master Plan and the rest of The Faceless Ones.*

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

It's been rumoured for the past week although the BBC have finally confirmed that the official trailer for the 50th special, 'The Day of the Doctor' will air this Saturday on BBC One at 8pm!

I've already planned my night of wearing my The Smiler onesie, drinking some hot chocolate and having popcorn on the side. :p

Some new pictures have been released today. Doesn't show much (as you would guess) - but still, nice to see. A bit of Tennant action too! Along with Joanna Page as Queen Elizabeth. :)

1393113_753928881287808_267335965_n.png

We all know that scarf. :p

1424554_753929381287758_500150422_n.jpg

1461181_753929624621067_770560861_n.png

1441349_753930071287689_2080285936_n.png

Looks fab! Was that the Time War at the beginning? The battle sequences in that look fantastic and it was brilliant just seeing the 10th and 11th doctors in the same scene. That novelty really will appeal to the public, it's a long time since doctors from different time periods have featured together, right? (*excluding that Comic Relief thing with the 5th and 10th doctors in the TARDIS).

It seems to be the Time War yes, and 'the moment' Rose speaks of in the trailer is very important to the Time War too!

Yeah, I think the last time Doctors from different time periods were together was in 1985! That's if we exclude any Children in Need specials though. :p

I watched the night of the doctor earlier...all I will say is it's interesting....very interesting. Thinking of the 50th....I should get cracking on repairing my fish custard.

It's very nice that Paul McGann has reprised his role for that mini episode. Such a shame he never had a full TV series - he's a great Doctor! I see they mentioned all his companions from the Big Finish audio books... nice canon from Moffat there. ;)

If anyone's interested in the Doctor Who docudrama "An Adventure in Space and Time" showing the birth of Doctor Who here's the trailer, it looks great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwikIhEZrE#ws

It will be showing on BBC Two next Thursday, 9pm!

My verdict of An Adventure In Space And Time:

Wow, simply amazing! David Bradley put in an amazing performance as William Hartnell. I won't give much away for those who haven't seen it. But at some points, the emotional scenes he displayed about his departure as The Doctor were truly heart breaking, I thought.

If Mark Gatiss and David Bradley don't get a tonne of BAFTAs from this doc-drama, there's a huge problem with the entertainment's industry!