• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

We appear to have a rebrand.

logo.png
What the heck is that thing!?

The old logo hadn't made sense for years as having a rollercoaster loop as the logo when most of the rides are family rides just was strange.
But the new on just looks a bit basic and too much going on, too many odd shaped letters in that font.

The trend of making logos more basic seems to have hit Drayton. This is a trend hitting brands all over the world. Pringles and Uncle Ben's are some of the latest to get this.

Not sure on it yet. The dislike could be coming from the fact that change is sometimes perceived as negative.

I will give it a few weeks, get used to it and let it bed in before I decide. I do not think it is that bad though. It is quite fun and clever, I do sort of like it. This will certainly appeal to the younger audience more, which I assume is what they were aiming for. I do not think it is as bad as everyone is making out though. Maybe it will bed in over time, change can be a shock at first. They could maybe tweak the colours a bit though.

I will run it over with my 7 year old and report back what he says. I am sure his views will be more positive.

Last edited:
Admittedly it does look better on the website than it does posted here in isolation but still not sure I am a fan at all. Very basic and kiddified.

I think it's clear they're rebranding with a specific direction towards younger children; the cartoony visuals of Adventure Cove and now the Viking area implies as much. A total rebrand is a natural next step.

It's about time they changed the logo, although as said, very basic and doesn't exactly pop out or scream family fun. I'd love to know what the brief was for this. Could they have not given it a bit more colour? Had the Resort part stand out on its own?

It will probably take years for this new logo to replace the old one at the park. There are hundreds of posters, signs, banners etc dotted around the park with the current logo on. Heck, the logo they had before the current one can still be seen around the park in some places.

There is one of the older ones on the side of the Teashop I noticed the other week.

I agree, but I would assume all the main ones would be done by next season at the latest. Stuff like the main gates, maps ect.

The new logo looks alright on the website but not really very good in isolation. Is it just me who thinks it looks like a toys R' Us logo? I don't think it's dreadful but I think they could've done better. Drayton definitely needed a rebrand but I think doing it mid session is a bit strange.

The first thing that came to my mind was it looked like a logo for a toy brand of some sort, yes.

This is a trend hitting brands all over the world. Pringles and Uncle Ben's are some of the latest to get this.
Off topic but Uncle Ben's didn't change logo, that is still the same, the brand name has changed to Ben's Original and they removed the picture of Frank Brown. The blue text on orange background remains, just now reads Ben's Original.

Rebrands can be the desperate actions of a business that's trying to get some attention when they haven't got anything new to offer. Or a new marketing director who wants to make their mark. In this case though, Drayton Manor has turned a real corner. I can certainly understand them wanting to draw attention to the changes.