• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Retrieving a mobile phone whilst a 90mph coaster is operating? Surely not! I would have told them they'd have to wait till park closure to get it back. Incredibly sad news and not the news this park needed when investing in something so spectacular.

So sad that accidents like this still happen. There's just no reason why you'd ever go into a live ride area.

The industry has systems and processes in place to make sure this can't happen, it's so sad that it continues to do so (albeit not as frequently as it once did).

I wonder if the explosive growth of Energylandia coupled with the relative newness of the park means it doesn't have the same honed safety culture that more long standing parks do?

Of course, it could be the case that it does, but this particularly employee did not, for whatever reason. I didn't see anything of concern on my visit.

The ECC have posted this from Energylandia Amusement Park in Ref to Hyperion:

Press release of 17-08-2018

We regret to inform that one of our co-workers, colleagues and friends passed away due to an accident that happened yesterday around 8:30 p.m.

Our employee, licensed maintenance technician, had an accident when he was trying to help one of our Customers and fetch their mobile phone that fell out during a ride.

We would like to stress here that the users of the facility where the accident happened are banned from using and carrying mobile phones and any other objects that may fall out during a ride at all times. All belongings can be stored safely in lockers that have been ready for use from the very first operation of the facility. The ban is presented in a clear and also visual form at the entrance to the facility.

The amusement park cooperates with authorities conducting investigation of this incident. We also declare that the safety of our Customers and staff is our utmost priority and confirm that the facility posed no hazard to the people using it at the time of the accident, and that the facility is 100% safe.

We ensure that we will spare no effort to honour our colleague and help his family in this difficult time.

Press Report Ends

I'd say the correct process is to isolate with a lockout padlock and the person entering the ride area takes the key. However I know it wasn't (isn't?) even that strict at Alton Towers and simply getting the operator's permission was enough.

Most theme parks now operate a policy whereby nothing lost on a ride will be retrieved until operations have ceased at the end of the day.

Such a tragic accident that should never have been allowed to happen. I hope the park take a long hard look at their policies and ensure that they are correct and/or correctly applied.

:)

Most theme parks now operate a policy whereby nothing lost on a ride will be retrieved until operations have ceased at the end of the day.

Such a tragic accident that should never have been allowed to happen. I hope the park take a long hard look at their policies and ensure that they are correct and/or correctly applied.

A few now shut the ride down and get them as when guests are told they can’t have their device until the end of the day they jump the fences themselves.

Track is being fabricated for the park's RMC, which looks set to be an IBox:

rCnvWzx.jpg

Source

And thiis is apparently the site for the coaster:

Because the EU want to assist with certain things?

EU grants went towards rides at Familypark in Austria and Milky Way in the UK...

BUT £350 MILLION!

If our tax money is being squandered on roller coasters when there are people starving in the streets, then I say we can't have Brexit soon enough.

Because the EU want to assist with certain things?

EU grants went towards rides at Familypark in Austria and Milky Way in the UK...

BUT £350 MILLION!

I mean is the objective to provide employment / regenerate the area / encourage tourism to Poland???

I can't see massive economic benefits to this and the park is privately owned, no?

If our tax money is being squandered on roller coasters when there are people starving in the streets, then I say we can't have Brexit soon enough.

I didn't mean to start a brexit debate but it does make you wonder doesn't it!

Does anyone understand why the EU has funded/partially funded this and how much they've poured into it?
To boost tourism.

In the grand scheme of things I have no idea if it'll work on a large scale, but considering a group on here went out last weekend and myself and a few others are there this weekend....

(No doubt that next year before the RMC even starts to go vertical there will be a factory somewhere assembling a tilt coaster...)

The park was busy when we were there on Saturday - so much so that ride close was extended to 20:30. I get the feeling it's definitely popular (although the park itself is a huge mixed bag), and I'm glad it's getting some success. I'll certainly be back for 2020, although Hyperion alone makes it worth visiting even now.

To boost tourism.

In the grand scheme of things I have no idea if it'll work on a large scale, but considering a group on here went out last weekend and myself and a few others are there this weekend....

That's great and I hope to visit myself next year but enthusiasts travelling to Poland to ride coasters is a very different thing to the creation of a tourism industry.

That's great and I hope to visit myself next year but enthusiasts travelling to Poland to ride coasters is a very different thing to the creation of a tourism industry.

That's what I was getting at really. Examples such as Liseberg with Helix, Slagharen with Gold Rush (perhaps not the best example admittedly but it sprung to mind) and now Energylandia with Hyperion have proven that a unique coaster investment will firmly solidify a park's presence to enthusiasts who would have never of otherwise given them an ounce of interest.

Yet in the grand scheme of things it isn't really going to bring thousands flocking like the major developments in Orlando would.