• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Enterprise Site

That would be good, but how would you theme it to fit in with Dark Forest, unless you plan on scrapping DF entirely?
Some sort of tree canopy swinger theme perhaps?

Although whilst it’s probably not going to happen for a while, I’d gladly see the back of the dark forest. RIP Ug Land!

A Zamperla gryphon or energy storm could be cool for the area fits in with the human limits testing theme they have going on

Much as I appreciate the sentiment of, 'why don't they just bring back equivalents of the flat ride line up they had 20 years ago?', I can't help but think that now all those rides have been removed, I'm sure there are plenty of fresh ideas that could be brought in.

You say that but apart from the gyro swing (which I'd love to see come to the park).....there's literally nothing the flat ride manufacturers have come up since that beats the Topspin / Ripsaw for me. It's a brilliant flat ride.

They should have bought a newer model way before now in my eyes and I'm not even a huge flat ride fan.

You say that but apart from the gyro swing (which I'd love to see come to the park).....there's literally nothing the flat ride manufacturers have come up since that beats the Topspin / Ripsaw for me. It's a brilliant flat ride.

They should have bought a newer model way before now in my eyes and I'm not even a huge flat ride fan.
True but I can't see them putting a top spin in this location personally although it could be cool if they themed it right having blivy and smiler as a back drop

Yeah I'm not massively into thrill flats myself (still yet to do an inverting one) but if I ever get to Phantasialand I'd love to try Talocan just because it's themeing and special effects are incredible. If Towers got one I'd definitely be brave and give it a go.

It’s incredibly frustrating
Much as I appreciate the sentiment of, 'why don't they just bring back equivalents of the flat ride line up they had 20 years ago?', I can't help but think that now all those rides have been removed, I'm sure there are plenty of fresh ideas that could be brought in.

There definitely could be, the issue is that little seems to be getting done and the problem is worsening rather than improving with now another flat being removed with no permanent replacement.

Obviously we don’t know what the long term plan is, and hopefully it is to address what is rapidly becoming a gaping void in the ride lineup rather than plugging the whole with garish fairground rides.

I think what provoked a lot of the longing for the past is that little has been done since the heyday of these rides to give anyone any sense of anything new or fresh (I’m talking in the sense of the rides which have been removed and their lack of replacement, not the park generally as from Wickerman onward there’s clearly been a change of the wind with the larger investments).

I’m sure most agree that the ideal solution is a group of new ideas to replace the departed rides but I think many look at what’s been removed (and what’s come in their place) and think that a return to the likes of Ripsaw and Energiser would more than do to address the gaps, particularly as the park seem to be making the right advancements in term of the larger investments finally.

Well it could be a upcharge attraction of a beach for the kids,

Or if they spent a bit more money and fill it with a proper ride, surely something like a Mega Spin with the Smiler livery on it

Guys, it's been a matter of days since it was removed. Of course they wouldn't have already installed a replacement yet - let's not get up in arms about this. Yes, the pit was filled in, but who's to say that they won't come back and redevelop the space come 2024 - or better yet, who's to say they don't already have something potentially on the way?

When Rush was built, by the time the park opened the plot was completely flat, and by opening day in 2005, the only parts of the ride actually on-site were the footers. The ride didn't even start going vertical until early April!

Obviously with no planning permission, things might not be so quick with Towers, however never say never. We could still yet get a kick-ass ride there for 2024.

Im aware that if something does go on this site it doesnt have to be there at the start of the season

Well it could be a upcharge attraction of a beach for the kids,

Or if they spent a bit more money and fill it with a proper ride, surely something like a Mega Spin with the Smiler livery on it

I did a Mega Spin one because it looked really interesting but I wouldn’t do it again. The restraints absolutely bruise and kill your shoulders as when it inverts you drop down a few inches and then you stay there with them uncomfortably taking your full weight. I’d much rather they went for a Superstar or Tivoli Warp 10 instead.

Guys, it's been a matter of days since it was removed. Of course they wouldn't have already installed a replacement yet - let's not get up in arms about this. Yes, the pit was filled in, but who's to say that they won't come back and redevelop the space come 2024 - or better yet, who's to say they don't already have something potentially on the way?

When Rush was built, by the time the park opened the plot was completely flat, and by opening day in 2005, the only parts of the ride actually on-site were the footers. The ride didn't even start going vertical until early April!

Obviously with no planning permission, things might not be so quick with Towers, however never say never. We could still yet get a kick-ass ride there for 2024.

The point is that it’s the latest in a long line of flat rides that have been removed, none of which have been replaced.

If there’d been replacements for Ripsaw, Energiser and Submission this conversation would be far less strong.