• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island, Skegness, England

We had an excellent afternoon there yesterday. £5 each for an adult wristband and it wasn't particularly busy so got on quite a few rides in 90 minutes. Ride opening was extended until 5pm.

They were operating a rotation system for ride opening which was issued when purchasing wristbands.

The only ride not open was The Beast, this was in pieces with workers present. Both Odyssey and Millennium trains were missing restraints on one car, this didn't really effect throughput though because the queues weren't long enough. However, Techno Bounce was only operating 9 out of 15 arms, causing a queue throughout the afternoon.

Perfect weather, lots of rides and some nice fish and chips in Skegness afterward. Not bad for a day when we had no plans and didn't leave the house until midday!

A pity that they are re-painting the track yellow as the black supports and red track together look great and contrast really well with t'other coaster.

:)

Some positive news on Fantasy Island on the ride front (shock!).

They're expanding the amusement area by the Odyssey, apparently the Mouse coaster is going to be relocated down that end, along with some smaller rides.

And the space that the Mouse did occupy.... will house a new ride in 2017....!

IMO, expanding that area is a necessity and has been for many years, so this is really good to hear. However, why are they leaving it until 2017 to get a new ride? No time like the present.....

Reactions: Tom
In August they had already closed access direct between Mouse and markets, probably not connected but still.

And @djtruefitt I read it more as expanding away from the the sea

Probably some variation of an Air Race. Every park and their dog is building one these days.

I doubt it will be anything brand new tbh.

A Pinfari Zyklon coaster would still be a step in the right direction.

Just seen some pics on Coaster Force of the Mouse being dismantled. So the rumours were true!

(Can't post the link unfortunately)

FB_IMG_1449856727387.jpg

Fantasy Islanders photo.

By looking at that photograph, it would be perfect to demolish the old mcdonalds building extending the ride area further across. Or turn the building into a dark ride or something. Seems silly to leave it abandoned.

I've never really understood what the deal is with that old Mc Donald's building. When I visited it was being used as a mobility scooter shop but if the building is owned by FI (can anyone confirm this?) then there are plenty of possibilities which would be withinf their budget. Demolition would probably be the best option to allow rides to be constructed.