• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island, Skegness, England

I rode it at Goose Fair a few years back, and I couldn't understand what all the fuss is about. I'm guessing that either it wasn't running as fast as it used to, or something to do with being on stilts over grass at a fair with no theming? Maybe the nature of mine trains means that they are only as good as their "mine" theming?

My guess would be that at Goose Fair it was running at lower speed and the lack of themed mountains took away the impression of greater speed, in the same way that Flying Fish doesn't feel as fast in its newer more open location as opposed to when it was surrounded by bushes and jungle theming. When the AA Runaway Train was running at the park it was extremely intense, and felt as rickety and wild as your average wooden coaster.

Rhombus Rocket is a heap though, so possible removal. Or just have both, why not?

Just seen this over on CF:

FB_IMG_1457301090732.jpg

Yeah to be fair Skegness is ok. Ingoldmells is a dive though....

FTFY

Anywaaaay, this new lot are interesting, hopefully they can tie the rides together a bit more. Or generally make them seem connected.

Odysseys station has been enclosed from what I can tell, there's a picture somewhere.
I've heard that it has been enclosed, I've also heard that they are fitting heaters into the station building which may help keep the wheels warm meaning a smoother ride. We can live in hope because it was a right head basher last year!

I guess I'll find out on Saturday! :D

EDIT: Maybe I won't find out on Saturday. Odyssey has been confirmed as in it's final stages of testing after a refurb and will remain closed this weekend... :'(

Last edited:
AA's Minetrain was pretty awesome, for what it was anyway.

On a par with a woodie though it wasn't.

The heaters in the station isn't for smoothness, it's to help keep the wheels running as quick as possible, so they can keep it open more often. Good move IMO.

However, they still fail to add dummies when testing for the initial opening, which is just.... thick. And they normally don't even fully assemble the train. Yet they'll scratch their heads when it doesn't make it round...

Odyssey was enclosed on my last 2 visits (Aug 14 and Aug 15)

Not assembling the train for testing? Idiots.

Odyssey was enclosed on my last 2 visits (Aug 14 and Aug 15)

Not assembling the train for testing? Idiots.

It wasn't for mine 24th October (closing party), it had a roof like it always has, but nothing more! :)

It doesn't look very professional on Fantasy Island part regarding ride availability. They plan on confirming it at 10am Saturday morning (it opens at 11am) and they can't confirm the closing time yet....

Yeah this is really good news. The park has a lot of potential, it could be one of our best parks in the right hands....

And they're not hanging about either, 3 rides have been dismantled today as they rearrange the park (The Beast, Twister and Techno Jump)

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised with the all guns blazing approach! While hardly likely to become a rival to the Merlin empire, the developments could be interesting to watch :).