• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Personally. I think it will be awful.
Little shade, even in the queues.
The weather warning is now red, better at home in the shade mate, it will not be nice at 'mingo.
All looks good from midweek though.
Thanks Rob, yeah I'm thinking that Thursday will probably better.

Twenty degrees and sun with light cloud...you might be right.
Still God help you with the queues mind!
Yeah I'm a bit anxious about that. Hopefully most local schools will have done their trips by then!
I won't be able to get the access pass as neither of my parents will do many of the big rides, although those queues at the ride exits will probably be big anyway. Staggered openings and operations will be a pain too if those are still the case.

Twenty degrees and sun with light cloud...you might be right.
Still God help you with the queues mind!
Booked the tickets now (for Thursday), wish me luck 😛
Going to aim to get there for 9:30, which should help. Am I right in thinking some rides may open before 10? And does anyone know if the staggered openings are still happening?

Last edited:
That is the one, single splash that is quite decent, but after a loooong slow queue, you get a twenty minute canal ride in a very slow boat, past zero animals on a "savanna".
Theoretic limit I think is ten boats, usually runs three!
Want a full length trip report before the end of the day.
Good luck!

Saw that Flamingo Land appeared to be trending, so had a look and there’s uproar from Greens about a new planned resort in Scotland’s Loch Lomond - also trending. Most of the tweets about flamingo land were petition links.

Who knew they had the funds to consider another resort after Scarborough and Sik?

E98AF595-53B6-45E2-97DE-158E5A1B33DB.jpeg

As much I'd cut my arm off just so we can get something decent in Scotland, it would have been a hell of a lot more simply if they bought over M&D's and transform it from there as with no major restrictions there at least to my knowledge, they could have a free hand to do what they want there.

If they did that then not only would there be little to no opposition (other than the Taylors ofc) but actually would be welcomed with open arms. And yes, we all know the negative views of Mingo land on here but they would be a million times better than the current owners of M&D's without question.

As much I'd cut my arm off just so we can get something decent in Scotland, it would have been a hell of a lot more simply if they bought over M&D's and transform it from there as with no major restrictions there at least to my knowledge, they could have a free hand to do what they want there.

If they did that then not only would there be little to no opposition (other than the Taylors ofc) but actually would be welcomed with open arms. And yes, we all know the negative views of Mingo land on here but they would be a million times better than the current owners of M&D's without question.
Was thinking this myself. I know I haven't been to either park yet, but surely Flamingo Land can't be anywhere near as bad as M&D's...

Was thinking this myself. I know I haven't been to either park yet, but surely Flamingo Land can't be anywhere near as bad as M&D's...
Anything is better than M&D's, honestly if FL were to acquire M&D's anything they'd do for the park either attraction or landscaping would be a major improvement than what has happened with M&D's already.

Actually, M&D's do have a hotel nearby already and there is space to install wooden cabins if needed and they have much in place that only needs some competitive owners and yes, even the owners of FL would be a damn sight better than what we have atm here which speaks volume of how dire the Scottish theme park industry is.

I don't think the site they've got in Scotland is for a theme park though is it? I was under the impression it was for a caravan park resort or the like. I'd imagine Flamingo land simply don't have the funds to build a new theme park, even with a massive loan, you'd have to support it until it made a profit which would likely be a good few years.
Also do we have a thread discussing possible Scottish theme parks? Think we could do with one.

Also do we have a thread discussing possible Scottish theme parks? Think we could do with one.
There's the M&D's thread on here if you wish to add to it, would be nice as I'm the only one adding to it which says a lot how much we think of it on TS.

I'm actually wondering if Mingo are just going through the planning application process so that they can sell off the land with planning permission. It would be worth a lot more than without it. Just a theory though...

If it were houses yes, but if it’s a theme park I’m not sure there are too many people who would find that attractive enough to make it more valuable. We know what sort of record the UK has in developing new theme parks from scratch.

Does anyone know what happened to the motion master ride that went to Mingo from AA? When did it get took out