Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by TheAverageNerd, 18th May 2018.

1. MaxPower

MaxPower TowersStreet Member

The only way Dark Forest will be fixed is with the removal of Rita.

A steam punk theme of some sort would probably work and be a bit more interesting along with with the addition of those roboarms from the early concepts it would feel like a more coherent area.

Whether Merlin are willing to invest much in the parks at this point is to be seen however...

CAPEX investments in the theme parks were already earmarked to be heavily cut before the pandemic, who knows what their plans are now.

2. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    I'd disagree. Still can be themed well with Rita present, it's not a bad ride and they can still fit another couple of flats in easily enough. I don't see the advantage of removing it.

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  3. Pricey.

Pricey. TowersStreet Member

I think Dark forest could fit a flat in still easily, a loosely themed KMG move it 32 would be cool by where UG swinger used to sit.

Skyscraper likes this.
  4. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    That seems to tick all the boxes and it looks like an ideal ride for Alton Towers! It seems to have quite a good capacity for a flat ride.
    How would you theme it? I think some sort of cursed/possessed tree would work but then we already have one.

Skyscraper likes this.
  5. Pricey.

Pricey. TowersStreet Member

To be honest just some branches vines maybe the odd wraith statue I think would do.

6. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    What flat rides are major theme parks even installing these days? In the 90's and early 00's it seem to vary a lot however these days most new installations seem to be pendulum style rides mainly. There's obviously the odd exception here and there but you don't see too much variety anymore.

Are major parks just stocked for flat rides (with one obvious exception) or are they all in agreement that a lot of these rides can be more trouble than they're worth? I suspect it's a bit of both.

Not a great lover of flat rides myself but I do really enjoy the giant Pendulum rides though. And sadly that seems impossible for Towers to build due to the height of them. Ripsaw should have been replaced with a brand new model. There was nothing wrong with the type of attraction. It had just aged.