• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

Apologises if this has already been picked up on elsewhere, but if you go to 1:16:05 on this IAPPA vlog, Lars Hartmann from HUSS Rides confirm that ‘a big surprise is coming’ in regards to their Breakdance 5 model, then perhaps unrelatedly go onto to say that they’d been at Alton Towers only a few days ago - this was only filmed a couple weeks back.

Certainly an interesting watch. Would adore HUSS Rides back at the park - a new Top Spin Suspended and a Breakdance 5 would be absolutely ideal! Just not sure if I can see Merlin working with them, when SBF are available… But why else would they have been on park? 🤔

A breakdance would be great as long as it's themed well, same goes for a top spin.

This new Break Dance 5 sounds interesting, higher cap than a 1 but not as high as a 2, tilted platform like a 3 and a central op cabin. Thankfully taking no inspiration from a 4.

Enclosed adult drop tower would be good, wouldnt have to be high up as it could go underground. Similar theme into thirteen and the crypt.

Enclosed adult drop tower would be good, wouldnt have to be high up as it could go underground. Similar theme into thirteen and the crypt.
Something like Mystery Castle at Phantasialand (which I was personally disappointed with as the cycle seemed too short)

Something like Mystery Castle at Phantasialand (which I was personally disappointed with as the cycle seemed too short)
Sounds like you got "Misery Castle" mode, as there are multiple modes with different ride times. Would be too tall for Towers though unfortunately.

Sub Terra is perfectly fine to fit that specific need IMO. The attraction just needs to be presented better and for it not to rely on actors / staff members as much.

I don't think the cost it would take to build an indoor drop tower right up to the tree limit and digging down too to make it a longer drop would be cost effective for the park.

Sub Terra is perfectly fine to fit that specific need IMO. The attraction just needs to be presented better and for it not to rely on actors / staff members as much.
That feels like a contradiction. The reason the ride is presented in that way is because the experience itself is so lacking.

That feels like a contradiction. The reason the ride is presented in that way is because the experience itself is so lacking.

But its possible to take a simple ride experiance and present it in a more interesting manor without relying on staff so heavily. Look at Hex, that barely needs any staff and the experiance could almost operate without guests ever seeing staff.
Even Charlie & the Choc Factory only needed staff to board and unload the boats, everything else played out fairly automatically with the pre-shows for the lift experience.

Even Charlie & the Choc Factory only needed staff to board and unload the boats, everything else played out fairly automatically with the pre-shows for the lift experience.
Not quite; there was an op and panel partway along the boat ride if I remember correctly.

But its possible to take a simple ride experiance and present it in a more interesting manor without relying on staff so heavily. Look at Hex, that barely needs any staff and the experiance could almost operate without guests ever seeing staff.
Right, but I would challenge that the duration of those rides make them more compelling than ride hardware that is an inherently simple one trick pony.

I swear I remember seeing someone partway along, near the end but not quite. Always looked glum no matter who it was.
I think you're picturing offload. It was a miserable position exacerbated by the headache inducing strobes from the final tunnel, with very little guest interaction aside from the occasional "sit down until the boat stops". Not that I'm still bitter about it. There were several static oompa loompa's between onload and offload that never exuded joy though

The return of a Huss TopSpin to Towers would be nice.
A drop tower sufficiently small enough would be good too.