• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

maxresdefault (1).jpg
Super star

maxresdefault.jpg
Tivoli Extreme (best flat ride towers have had imo would love to see one back in the future)

5be89a_afbfc6a7cef74867b97b44fa03a1677b~mv2.jpg
Atmosfear

How many of these 3 are realistic I don't know but that's personally what I'd love to see

Atmosfear is an absolutely fantastic thrilling ride but I’d be concerned about its capacity and throughput. Technical Park Loop Fighters only hold 16 riders per cycle. When you compare that to say a KMG Afterburner (eg Vortex) which holds 32 you can see that it wouldn’t be ideal for a park.

Really though you’d want to see the the park get a Loke style Intimin lapbar gyro swing, it would be a superb ride and hold 40 per cycle, but I don’t know if it could work in terms of the tree line.

Really though you’d want to see the the park get a Loke style Intimin lapbar gyro swing, it would be a superb ride and hold 40 per cycle, but I don’t know if it could work in terms of the tree line.
You'd have to dig down a fair bit for a Loke-sized gyro but they're so popular I think it'd be worth it.

Atmosfear is an absolutely fantastic thrilling ride but I’d be concerned about its capacity and throughput. Technical Park Loop Fighters only hold 16 riders per cycle. When you compare that to say a KMG Afterburner (eg Vortex) which holds 32 you can see that it wouldn’t be ideal for a park.

A gyro swing is probably more realistic than Atmosfear tbf because it doesn't swing the whole way up like Atmosfear does. What about a top scan like Samurai. They stay relatively low to the ground

Would love to see a selection of new Huss rides, I love the likes of KMG at fairs and even Technical Park stuff is okay these days but only Huss seem to be able to nail the permanent theme park look.

One of these would be great for Towers, easily themed and decent throughput:
Could work very well in Roller Disco's old spot in Dark Forest.

For the thrill seekers without worrying about tree lines:
Ideal for X-Sector in Enterprises spot. Would like to see a permanent stage for shows in the Submission memorial garden.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a new themed breakdance to fill a gap in the Valley either.

Last edited:
A Mondial Bender would look great in the park in my opinion, situated at the bottom of Dark Forest. A bit of clearance work might needed now that the trees have taken over since permanent flats from that area have been removed though.

Looks high capacity and a decent mix of family thrill. It would be a subtle nod to Boneshaker too and could be themed up to be some sort of possessed tree.

A Mondial Bender would look great in the park in my opinion, situated at the bottom of Dark Forest. A bit of clearance work might needed now that the trees have taken over since permanent flats from that area have been removed though.

Looks high capacity and a decent mix of family thrill. It would be a subtle nod to Boneshaker too and could be themed up to be some sort of possessed tree.

Now this is more like it. Something unique and different. Would take this any day over Ripsaw 2.0

Now this is more like it. Something unique and different. Would take this any day over Ripsaw 2.0
Blender looks like family thrill though, it doesn't appear to invert, so would not fit in the same category as a Ripsaw replacement, more a Boneshaker replacement.

I don't think new flat rides need to be direct replacements for the permanent flats that the park had previously. Ultimately they are needed for capacity and to give the park a greater variation in its ride line-up.

Over the past 20 years the park has lost the following flat rides:
  • Bone Shaker
  • Dynamo
  • Ug Bugs
  • Submission
  • Ripsaw
  • Twirling Toadstool
  • Enterprise
Then the park has gained:
  • Flavio's
  • Go Jetters
  • Heave Ho
It looks likely that over the coming years we could be getting three new flat rides, which would mean that we're just one down on where we were in 2003. One thrill flat and two family/family-thrill flats would be good in my opinion.

One thrill flat and two family/family-thrill flats would be good in my opinion.
Agreed. Family thrill seems to be what towers have moved towards. Wicker man a main example of family thrill being a huge success for towers. Thorpe have nailed the thrill market so Towers moving away from that makes sense. Family thrill is suitable for everyone so it will undoubtedly seal Towers future as the most popular UK theme park

I'd argue by rebuilding one of the most intense coasters in the country, Towers isn't just family thrill
Towers have Wicker man Th13teen and Spinball which cater for families. Thorpe doesn't have a coaster under 1.4m. Towers are a mix of family/thrill and Thorpe aren't