• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

AT86 beat me to it ;) Here's the rest of the concepts if you're interested. First cropped up in customer surveys in 2008 I think it was.

Attachments

• 24129880890_7a9bb102d2_o.jpg
    24129880890_7a9bb102d2_o.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 24399283406_5aae1d6b52_o.jpg
    24399283406_5aae1d6b52_o.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 24343023401_98ce1aa677_o.jpg
    24343023401_98ce1aa677_o.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 24343022581_f3ce501803_o.jpg
    24343022581_f3ce501803_o.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 71
Is my mind playing tricks or were there also some concepts for a similar idea for the Black Hole tent at one time?
I believe there may well have been. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong here, but I think it was supposed to be a duo of robo arms named Duelling Deadstars?
EDIT: Darn; I was beaten to it by @Skyscraper!

AT86 beat me to it ;) Here's the rest of the concepts if you're interested. First cropped up in customer surveys in 2008 I think it was.
That looks like it would have fit into DF really well, and have given the area more life!

I'm not remotely bothered those robo arms failed to come to anything. Throughput nightmares and also doesn't look all that enjoyable as an experience.

A thrill flat ride in the Black Hole tent would have been fairly cool though.

Robot arms look great as a spectator, but I can't imagine operationally it would have been a nightmare.

Ride wise, I bet existing flats could do the same thing better without the headache.

Thought I'd be pretty appropriate to come back to this thread after the recent announcements of The Retrosquads upcoming removal.

Id love them to revisit the original concept art @Craig has shown above. Another HUSS topspin wouldn't go amiss personally, especially a floorless one.

Talking about Ripsaw, I found some concept art of it online.

normal_ripsawconceptart_01.jpg

maxresdefault (1).jpg
Super star

maxresdefault.jpg
Tivoli Extreme (best flat ride towers have had imo would love to see one back in the future)

5be89a_afbfc6a7cef74867b97b44fa03a1677b~mv2.jpg
Atmosfear

How many of these 3 are realistic I don't know but that's personally what I'd love to see

I would like to see a new Top Spin. Yes it's already been done but it closed in 2015... there's whole new group of young thrill seekers who were too young/small to experience it at the time, and even if they did it was probably on a crap setting if ridden in the later stages of its life cycle.

A Gyro swing is what I have always wanted at Towers. Yeah they might have to dig down to be able to build one but it's exactly the type of flat ride that they need imo. High capacity and thrilling.
Might not be unique but they are a safe bet as they are always popular with punters.

And for the love of god....just get a new Top Spin and call it Ripsaw revenge for all I care. That attraction needs to come back in FV.

And for the love of god....just get a new Top Spin and call it Ripsaw revenge for all I care. That attraction needs to come back in FV.

As much as I'd love one back in FV, Imagine a Top Spin in Katanga Canyon though... Crank the fountains up on it so you can actually get wet again. Hell theme the thing to a Jeeps broken crank shaft that's failed its MOT. Seriously though, the area does need a flat ride, but where about could it go, if anywhere? Just like more thrill areas should have a family ride, I think a family driven area such as KC would also benefit from at least one thrill ride.