• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

Just to move off the Burger Kitchen news for a minute (which I think is GREAT by the way...BK sucked.)

I thought the name change of dishes in Pizza and Pasta over Scarefest was a great touch. Although they're still exactly the same Pizzas, changing the names to things like Witches Warts for the Meatball one was a good little touch. Top work Towers!

Also, is this Meatball one a new one they've started doing? As this was the first time I'd seen it, although it was my only visit this season.

As you should be aware Burger King are leaving the park over the closed season and will be replaced by Merlins own brand: Burger Kitchen.

Here are a few photos of the Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo land units taken last weeknd:

Mutiny Bay Burger King boarded up:
69433_410961768974273_2043578792_n.jpg

Notice all the signs have been removed, and one part has been painted yellow:
424782_410963342307449_1841720047_n.jpg

If Towers can make burgers that taste as nice as the ones from Annette's Diner at DLP then I will be happy and go there!

Annettes Diner? I'm sure there are better!

Given the price of Annetes, this isn't realistically going to be in the same price range.

And Nat - get yourself to Handmade Burger Co. ;)!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Annettes is better than the Maccies in the village, The portions are big though for the money and I prefer my burgers on the thinner side as I'm not a huge burger fan. Lets hope they know how to season them properly and get nice buns!

Annette's FTW! ;D I loved it in there earlier this year! I doubt we will get anything like that replacing Burger King though, we'll get a much more fast food style burger outlet. I just hope it has more than 3 difference choices, as it sounds like that's all the current Merlin burger places have. 3 choices in a restaurant the size of that in CCL would be appalling!

:)

If its similar to fried chicken company, I think they should be alright and we should get annul pass discount

Or maybe they could change the menu slightly for the Towers ones especially CCL? Maybe have that as a sit down resturant where you can build your own burger, with all that space at CCL why not have it as a sit down full service resturant instead of counter service?

Although there's already an Original Sandwich Co. in Cariba, I would love to see a OSC on park because their sandwiches are always very well made and priced from experience at Chessington. A Chicken Shack wouldn't go amiss either on park as that would increase choice of sit down restaurants next to Explorers and Woodcutters with a good menu that wouldn't break the bank.

I've said it once and ill say it again:

I want a roast n relish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Surely the counter is big enough in CCL for a burger place and roast and relish?

As me and my mum have said several times. The Cloud Cuckoo Land building should be made into a family restaurant that serves a wide variety of meals. Before people point out Towers Street, we both believe that the park could do with another family restaurant, with perhaps more on offer.

Still nice to see the back of Burger King though. I hope they theme the current buildings nicely with the new Burger Kitchen chain. Hopefully the meals will be of good quality too, as long as they are better than Burger King's meals (which shouldn't be hard) they'll be onto a winner.

Scott said:
I've said it once and ill say it again:

I want a roast n relish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

This! If the Burger King in Mutiny Bay isn't turned into a Roast and Relish I will, well I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good!

That's not too surprising really, they'll save a lot on costs by doing that as there's less variation of stock to buy in. A shame though, I could just about justify two of them becoming Burger Kitchens but not all three. If all three are the same though, they really do need a menu with a good amount of variety, especially when you consider that it is replacing Burger King which has a lot of different options.

The one thing that hit me looking at Original Sandwich Co in Cariba last month was just HOW good the veggie options were, both pies and ciabattas among others! Properly nice things compared to just a veggie burger or something... Get one of those on park please, Towers!

Some of the posts in this thread massively scream "close season" at me, considering the demands by some for new food outlets at the park. Completely new places to eat are certainly not required, because provision is more than adequate already... remember how Spinball Noodles had to be removed due to cost cutting / lack of demand? Also, it has to be mentioned that they are a business; if three Burger Kitchens will be more popular than alternatives then that's what they're going to get. Why try to fix what ain't broke?

Nonetheless, I must also suggest (building upon Magrathea's praise of Original Sandwich Co) that vegetarian options (or lack of) at some locations certainly leaves a lot to be desired. That even the Fried Chicken Co. offering literally zero in terms of food that I could eat is really quite ridiculous, and it'd be nice to see such offerings introduced there and more variety at places like Woodcutters. Perhaps the Towers Family Restaurant could be altered to offer such a range? But I really think Alton Towers has quite enough choices of eateries to be going on with, hopefully the new Burger joints will be good; Burger King was the only remaining weak-link in my opinion.

I think that the park as a whole has a pretty good choice of food options but what needs looking at is WHERE these food options are available.

Katanga Canyon for example is one of the most popular family areas of the park, however the only F&B option is a £9 a head buffet restaurant which, despite being great, does not suit everybody's requirements or budget. You could argue that there is huge choice in Mutiny Bay which is the closest area, however it is one of the longest walks between areas in the whole park. What is needed is a takeaway counter which serves some of the food options available at the Explorer's restaurant, such as pizza, pasta and salad at reasonable prices for individual items in relation to the cost of the full buffet.

The other area which needs looking at is Forbidden Valley. There is a reasonable choice selection here but considering this is the largest area in the park both in terms of geographical size, number of attractions and size of attractions it is lacking - particularly when it comes to sit down options. Space is clearly an issue but something of the size and quality of Woodcutter's or Explorer's is needed.

D4n said:
Some of the posts in this thread massively scream "close season" at me, considering the demands by some for new food outlets at the park.

*checks calendar* oh.. I'm sorry, could swore it was December? ;) I think its fair discussion to have if three outlets are going, that there is ample opportunity for new catering experiences to be introduced. Judging by the rest of the Merlin group, they tend to implement the same styles across their attractions and so its not too difficult to think they might treat the park to a Roast and Relish.

With regards to noodles, I always found the food to be of excellent quality. My only gripe was the service could be notably slow (they cooked from fresh). Adventure Land and the building that Noodles was housed in suited more of a grab n go style offering, with hot drinks and snacks (which Refresh@ served purpose absolutely fine!). Don't forget they also made a number of other closures at the time, some of which were reversed and some of which were lessened in severity.

I personally feel they made the wrong choice with the type of food available from the Spinball outlet, but that's not to say it wouldn't be popular if it went back to offering something more suited to the area demographics.

Do KFC offer a veggie product? What could they do at FCC? Yet more Veggie Burgers?

There presumably isn't the business demand for more Veggie options.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2