• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

Business demand or not, someone shouldn't have to leave their group and go elsewhere for food if the menu doesn't cater for them!

Vegetarian options are normally cook to order and stocks are kept low.

It's about maintaining a good customer relation, rather than "we do chicken for carnivores, ya'll others can find a sandwich elsewhere".

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Whilst I agree, my point remains - what do Vegetarians eat at KFC?

If you find the menu not to your liking, then ensure you complain - as that's the only way they'd do something about. Because, leaving FCC to eat elsewhere may well be a pain, but the money is all going into the same pot so they'd not know any better.

:)

Salad I guess...

The thing with vegetarian options is that it's very difficult to come up with 'fast food' alternatives for those who don't eat meat. I doubt many vegetarians would go into FCC expecting there to be a decent veggie option anyway...

On the subject of the outlet changes in more detail, I don't think it would be too much to hope that at least one of the outlets would become a different brand. Having three burger kitchens does seem a little OTT - and so the use of one as a roast and relish or as a sandwich co would be a better idea in my opinion. Particularly as the outlets in Mutiny Bay and FV are fairly close together anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The issue with Roast and Relish is its not quite Fast Food. Some people when they go to theme parks do really just want to grad food on the run and do it quickly as they have paid a lot of money and the 5pm close is creeping up fast. Therefore they need to keep these quick service food options available and spread through the park.

They should get a roast and relish though, maybe in Dark Forest where there is already a number of quick food options available.

I'd argue there's already enough grab and go options in Mutiny tbh... Not to mention the fact that theres the Courtyard BBQ already serving burgers. I dunno... I just see Mutiny as needing something different.

Sazzle said:
Business demand or not, someone shouldn't have to leave their group and go elsewhere for food if the menu doesn't cater for them!
But using that argument, what about, say, coeliacs? Or people with any other food intolerances? (intolerances which the person in question has no choice over, unlike a lifestyle choice like vegetarianism).

Yes it's unfortunate, but every outlet can't cater for ever diet. It could be argued that the 'Fried Chicken Co.' isn't an outlet which you'd expect to cater for vegetarians.

KFC don't cater for veggies as (unlike McDonald's now! :)) weren't willing to cook the veggie product separate from the meat... I don't EXPECT anything from the restaurant but was surprised that no veggie burger was on the menu given that Chessie's fried chicken co has one!

Islander said:
Sazzle said:
But using that argument, what about, say, coeliacs? Or people with any other food intolerances? (intolerances which the person in question has no choice over, unlike a lifestyle choice like vegetarianism).

Yes it's unfortunate, but every outlet can't cater for ever diet. It could be argued that the 'Fried Chicken Co.' isn't an outlet which you'd expect to cater for vegetarians.

And using that argument, should the Burger company have anything other than burgers, which are traditionally made of cows and pigs? I know of meat eaters who actively choose to eat vegetarian options at times because they've "had enough of meat" for that particular week.

It wouldn't be difficult for Fried Chicken Co to stock the same as their sister restaurant at Chessington World of Adventures, surely?

I think islander has a very valid point when it cones to people like coelics... You would be surprised how many foods use gluten until one of your close friends develops the disease and we have to avoid it.

While vegetarianism is a noble goal, it would be nicer if they concentrated on people with an intolerance first. There are already more vegetarian options then options without gluten.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Sazzle said:
Fried Chicken Co to stock the same as their sister restaurant at Chessington World of Adventures, surely?
I think it must be - considering they both vary considerably. The only thing consistant is the name.

Different pricing, completely different chips, different size of burger, tiny coke, no branded merchandise (boring white bag), different atmosphere altogether.

They both even have different branding on the packaging, which I find strange, unless there are plans to refurbish the one at Chessie soon, inline with the alton towers one.

I know most of us are expecting all three BK outlets to become Burger Kitchens, but I don't think we ever had official confirmation of this. Well we do now!

Alton Towers said:
We are looking for 200 more people than last year because we have a fabulous, and currently still top secret new ride opening and three new Burger Kitchen restaurants
Source

A shame but to be expected in my opinion. The wait to a Roast and Relish goes on!

Rob said:
I know most of us are expecting all three BK outlets to become Burger Kitchens, but I don't think we ever had official confirmation of this. Well we do now!

Alton Towers said:
We are looking for 200 more people than last year because we have a fabulous, and currently still top secret new ride opening and three new Burger Kitchen restaurants
Source

A shame but to be expected in my opinion. The wait to a Roast and Relish goes on!

Love the quote they used in there:

Stephanie Wyse, who makes an annual trip to the theme park, has welcomed the new jobs.

The 20-year-old, of Penkhull, said: "Every year Alton Towers introduces something new, either a brilliant ride like Thirteen or Oblivion or a new restaurant.

Strange ordering of attractions ;)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere. I have just noticed that Spinball Noodles has now been completely removed from the food and drink section of the Alton Towers website. Looks like it is gone for good.

A few food updates from the weekend:

- Sonic noodles looks the same as last season, still has all its signs and menu up.
- CCL Burger Kitchen looks pretty much finished, the outside has its signs up and the inside is all finished, except for the chairs are currently still in their wrappers and are pilled up. The menus are TV screens like in the Fried Chicken Co. and are currently turned on.
- The Mutiny Bay Burger Kitchen still has the black fence around it and it looks no different to last season except the Burger King sign has now been painted over in black.
- The Forbidden Valley Burger Kitchen has been repainted on the outside and has the new signs up.

All three Burger Kitchens will open in March.

Other than that there doesnt seem to be any updates around the park.

The inside of The Burger Kitchen in CCL looks lovely, I'm impressed. They still need to finish off a few tables and chairs but apart from that it's pretty much done. There is also a decent selection on the menu which is good. Looking forward to trying it in March!

I think the Cloud Cuckoo Land restaurant could be too big for an in-house brand. Well, too big as in I doubt it'll be full very often.

I think that's one place where a franchise name should remain, from a business point-of-view.

Either that or half Fried Chicken Co and half Burger Kitchen would make more sense.

I don't see why a lack of high street branding will make a difference? The restaurant has always been busy and will no doubt continue to be as it sells much the same food as BK did. People aren't going to blindly wander around and starve themselves because they can't find a high street name...

Just because it is an in house brand will have no baring on the outlets usage. Quality of food might however! Take a look at FCC - it remained just as busy as KFC has been previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Scott said:
I don't see why a lack of high street branding will make a difference? The restaurant has always been busy and will no doubt continue to be as it sells much the same food as BK did. People aren't going to blindly wander around and starve themselves because they can't find a high street name...

Ignoring your excessive exaggeration, I don't accept the point that a franchise name has equal or less pulling power than in-house brand launching this year. If your Fried Chicken Co. example is accurate (in my view it isn't), I would say that is an exception to the rule of brand pulling power we see at every other theme park and high street in this country.

The CCL restaurant is very large indeed, all I was saying is that its potential may not be fulfilled by a new in-house offering.