• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Is today's North London derby the biggest ever? Whoever loses is all but out of the title race, and a draw would be a delight for Leicester fans!

Look out! Rangers have drawn Celtic in the semi final of the Scottish Cup...hide your children and your family 'members'!

MUFC are on a good run aaaaaaaand it's gone. Silly of Mata to get sent off the way he did. I don't think Mike Dean had to send him off for the second but he loves being the centre of attention so it was inevitable. That said, United showed no bottle after going down to 10 men. I am concerned about the FA Cup match next weekend; West Ham are flying.

It now looks very much more like there are four (three really) teams in it for the relegation battle. Villa are sadly gone, and of the other three I'd like Newcastle to stay up simply because they are a proper club, like Villa. Sunderland I have no respect for and Norwich not much more either.

To sum up how bizarre the Premier League has been in the past 12 months, this time last year Leicester were still bottom, now they're 5 points clear at the top. Anything could still happen.

It now looks very much more like there are four (three really) teams in it for the relegation battle. Villa are sadly gone, and of the other three I'd like Newcastle to stay up simply because they are a proper club, like Villa. Sunderland I have no respect for and Norwich not much more either.

You've only no respect since we beat you earlier in the season ;)

Adam Johnson was nowt to do with us ;) He played for some northerners

Sorry, thought you were referring to Sunderland and the 2-1! Sadly we lost to your lot too! Norwich aren't necessarily poorly run, though some signings you paid way too much for (van Wolfswinkel, Naismith), but I just get no excitement from Norwich. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone.

Will probably only be £30 if you have enough Parish Points...

(Yes I'm still annoyed I couldn't get tickets to Reading this week)

Reactions: Ted
Will probably only be £30 if you have enough Parish Points...

(Yes I'm still annoyed I couldn't get tickets to Reading this week)

Don't worry, I didn't get a ticket either. Although I plan to go to West Ham away but don't have enough loyalty points yet so I'll be buying £1500 worth of monopoly boards from the club shops :p

What will happen now is the clubs will reduce the away ticket allocation.
Premier League rules state that clubs have to offer at least 3,000 tickets or 10% of total ground capacity, whichever is smallest, to away fans. It is then up to the away club to decide how many of that allocation they want to take, depending on how many they think they will see; if they request the full 3,000 straight up but only sell 1,500 of them then they have to pay a fine (as the unsold tickets could in cases have been released to home fans).

Anyway I think it's great news. I think the majoirty of Premier League clubs will think the same with a few reluctantly accepting it. I still expect to have to pay around £50 a piece for our away games at Man Utd and Chelsea in May mind.

:)

Fair enough! Though I still feel like some will find a way around it. It's a start, but £30 is still too much, £20 is plenty.

We'll see if home tickets come down now as that desperately needs more attention. I've been priced out of the game really. It's hard to justify the cost of a ticket with other more important things to consider.

Freezing season ticket prices is all well and good, but what about those like me who can only afford the time to go to one or two games a season at best? £50 is a lot of money. Even the cheapest home tickets at Old Trafford are about £30 for a seat! I think there needs to be a bit more focus on bringing home ticket prices down to a more affordable level.

Freezing season ticket prices is all well and good, but what about those like me who can only afford the time to go to one or two games a season at best? £50 is a lot of money. Even the cheapest home tickets at Old Trafford are about £30 for a seat! I think there needs to be a bit more focus on bringing home ticket prices down to a more affordable level.
I agree! For a Shirt your looking at £50 another £50 for a ticket and you end up spending £10 at half time as well. £110 for a football match and for teams like Utd and chelsea a £50 ticket will be for a game vs a bottom team like Aston Villa. It is a lot of money that prices a lot of people out

£40 to sit in our crappest stand to watch Palace vs Watford. Lovely...I can't justify that in our best stand, never mind our worst...

I agree! For a Shirt your looking at £50 another £50 for a ticket and you end up spending £10 at half time as well. £110 for a football match and for teams like Utd and chelsea a £50 ticket will be for a game vs a bottom team like Aston Villa. It is a lot of money that prices a lot of people out

The point in bold is that you don't have to buy a shirt, to be fair. But I agree with your post, and even taking that into account, £60 is still a lot of money for one football game. The top teams are the worst for it (£52 to watch Chelsea for me last season was a disgrace), but even West Ham are charging £45! Not to mention there's transport as well, cheap trains are a nightmare for some games...