• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Villa had it coming years ago, and to be frank, they did nothing to prevent this from happening.

It's not over until it's over but things are looking mighty tight for Norwich... A win today and we'd have been 7 clear. Now we're only 1 above safety and Sunderland have a game in hand plus better goal difference. Newcastle are only three behind now as well.

I'll just hope that they both lose all their remaining games...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remaining Games
Newcastle: Man City (H), Liverpool (A), Crystal Palace (H), Aston Villa (A), Tottenham (H)
Sunderland: Arsenal (H), Stoke (A), Chelsea (H), Everton (H), Watford (A)
Norwich: Man Utd (A), Arsenal (H), Watford (H), Everton (A)

I've just watched the Leicester, west ham highlights. My opinion, the ref had a stinker, but my life did Leicester and west ham players show themselves up.

Did vardy dive. Yes. He steps into the defender. In a way a rugby player would side step away from a defender. The dive it self. Is so over dramatic, Emmerdale farm has better acting.

What we saw at every corner, we see every week. But the way huth and co were acting, nothing short of seeing hulk Hogan vs the ultimate warrior. Alot of grabbing, and falling over. Should he have got a pen. Again no the west ham player is holding him down. But huth has his hands all over the west ham player in from of him 6of 1 half a dozen of the other. And Carroll was right referee panicked at the end to equal things up at the end.

The pressure got to the ref on Sunday. But I also think the pressure got to Leicester. Things.not going there way and they lost the plot. Hope spurs win it now after that, and vardy gets 2/3 games for his behavior.

On the decisions. Vardy dived I agree with that. He slowed down to see where the defender was and deliberately got himself in a tangle with him. Played for it and tried to con the ref. Vardy has been guilty of this a lot this season but got found out this time.

West Ham's penalty I haven't seen enough times, however I think the issue there is that if he gives that he has to give the others. However, do we really want to see referees giving a penalty every time this happens? If so, fair enough but make it consistent, if not, then don't give any unless it really is clear-cut. I found it strange that he awarded West Ham one for it in the 34th game of the season. It has to be consistent throughout the particular game at the very least, the season ideally.

Before Monday Night Football last night I was in the camp that Leicester's penalty shouldn't have been given, however Carragher showed it from an alternative angle where Carroll runs in from about 20 yards away and does just run into Schlupp, he completely takes him out. Therefore I think Moss got that right.

I didn't see the game live, but from what I've seen, he got the major decisions right.

He did, if Carroll doesn't want to give a pen away don't do it. Simples. Leicester have to realise they are fighting for the league. And what they do is more scrutinised by refs/pundits/supporters. Also, teams wont lie down for them.

It was interesting to see them out of their comfort zone. They didn't have a plan b

The pressure got to the ref on Sunday. But I also think the pressure got to Leicester. Things.not going there way and they lost the plot. Hope spurs win it now after that, and vardy gets 2/3 games for his behavior.

We lost the plot? I disagree totally with that. We were under immense pressure on Sunday down to 10 men but held out until Moss gave what in isolation was a soft penalty to West Ham (both teams had got away with far worse earlier in the game). If that hadn't been given I am confident we would have won 1-0.

Vardy lost the plot slightly and was foolish to abuse the referee as he did; that I cannot defend. Will be interesting to see if the FA are consistent in their punishments now, it should be an additional one game ban a la Costa a few weeks ago but just watch them go and give him two more games. I wouldn't want to lose his agression though as that is key to how he plays and has won us so much this season.

It's funny. Not once has Payet diving whilst already on a yellow been mentioned - Moss bottled that. Not once has Reid going in for a strong challenge and committing a foul whilst already on a yellow been mentioned (said foul was far worse than what Vardy did for his first yellow) - Moss bottled that too.

I don't think it was a penalty for us right at the end, it's not too dissimilar to the Vardy red card incident. Moss gave in to the pressure. But Carrol was silly for putting himself in that position and giving the referee the option to give a penalty.

Moss just was not consistent throughout the game and that is what's frustrating. He one of the poorest referees in the Premier League and I base this on many games prior to this one. You could tell he had lost the game before he'd even given a yellow card, it was a strong physical game but he decided every little bit of contact was a foul.

:)

I don't agree, the pressure is getting to you. And for once a club has come got in your face, and they haven't handled it. All refs are inconsistent, otherwise 6 men will be sent of every game. Huth should have gone, morgen should have gone for the amount of wrestling in they do in the both boxes. I'm sure some west ham players could have gone for that too. The ref lost it in that game. But credit to west ham because they rattled you.

Its ok having aggression. But at the top you need to learn to control it. Vardy didn't, that anger could have just cost the league.

Last edited:
And for once a club has come got in your face, and they haven't handled it.

Newcastle and Southampton both came at us and got in our faces, we won both games. Heck even Sunderland were getting stuck into us, that was a very physical game, especially in the first half.

I never said the pressure wasn't getting to us. However we have not lost the plot! We were 1-0 up until the 83rd minute, went 2-1 down but still fought back to gain a point.

Newcastle aren't as good as west ham. Why they are challenging not to be in the championship not be in the champions league. Southampton are delicate. Good side but fragile.

Leicester are a big deal now. You have managed to show the premier league that the big clubs have been relying to much on spending millions to solve problems that good tactics and a work ethic cant solve. Find a way to score rather against a teams weakness then like arsenal who try and walk it in. Next year the pl will be more exciting. Chelsea not in Europe, man city new manager, spurs,/liverpool/west ham stronger.

Last edited:
Newcastle aren't as good as west ham. Why they are challenging not to be in the championship not be in the champions league. Southampton are delicate. Good side but fragile.

That doesn't stop the scenario that you described and I responded to - "a club has come got in your face, and they haven't handled it". Of course West Ham are a better side, but I know what I saw in all of those games.

Whatever happens this season it has been incredible. We are staying up, we are staying up!