• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Well thankfully this isn't rugby, this is a real sport.

If that was rugby, Vardy wouldn't be able to get up and argue with the ref. And he wouldn't blatantly cheat like he did. Also the players on the field would have show more respect to john moss. No matter how bad he was.

If that was rugby, Vardy wouldn't be able to get up and argue with the ref. And he wouldn't blatantly cheat like he did. Also the players on the field would have show more respect to john moss. No matter how bad he was.
Much to rugby's shame.

Why should players respect referees and play 'fairly'? It's a sport, you should do everything you can to win and you should be passionate enough to fight about it if things don't go your way. The attitude in sports like rugby is embarrassing, cheating is great and we as fans should encourage it.

Why should players respect referees and play 'fairly'? It's a sport, you should do everything you can to win and you should be passionate enough to fight about it if things don't go your way. The attitude in sports like rugby is embarrassing, cheating is great and we as fans should encourage it.

Doing everything you can to win and cheating are two separate things, the latter is unacceptable. Based on your argument we should be encouraging referees/opposing players to take bribes.

You can't stop cheating. Only way to deal with it is embrace it so there's a level playing field. Doping should be encouraged too. I don't get people. Moan that it's always the same teams winning, then moan when an outsider snides their way in. Luis Suarez breaking all of Africa's hearts in the world cup is probably my second favourite football incident I've seen in my life after Istanbul. Bribery admittedly is wrong, but diving, simulation, snide fouls, fighting, abusing the ref and so on is what makes the game beautiful.

Until it happens against you.

If we start embracing cheating might as well stop following spots. What is the actual point of arguing with a ref? Have you ever seen one change his mind? No, turn round concentrate on what your doing and get on with it.

Rugby union is embarrassing as al that is refs giving penalties. League on other hand is a mans sport.

Losing to a goal that shouldn't stand hurts but winning by a goal that shouldn't stand makes up for it. Like bad decisions it balances out. Cheating will always happen so just go with it, otherwise it's boring.

I'm going the derby later and I hope it ends with five red cards, three broken legs, and a winner scored with a hand two minutes after stoppage time should have ended. Try telling me an honest win would be better than that.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I was at the derby last night. I hope that hoping for broken legs didn't mean loosing origi. Thrashing the blue noses was over shadowed by that! Where I was sat wasn't appreciated too well either.

Oh Jon Moss! Two Arsenal players go down in the box last night with no contact yet no yellow cards for diving. Don't you just love refs being inconsistent.

:)

I don't think its inconsistency he went yo filbert street (or whatever your ground called, the Gary Lineker/willie Thorne walkers stadium as it should be) last week looking to prove a point. He'd seen Vardy and co being damn right cheats in other games, and thought he could sort them out. I'll show other refs how to do it,he thought. Just be yourself john, be yourself. Let the game flow.

I don't think its inconsistency he went yo filbert street (or whatever your ground called, the Gary Lineker/willie Thorne walkers stadium as it should be) last week looking to prove a point. He'd seen Vardy and co being damn right cheats in other games, and thought he could sort them out. I'll show other refs how to do it,he thought. Just be yourself john, be yourself. Let the game flow.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Please!

So referees don't have to be consistent? One game they should give yellows for diving and the next they let play go on? If that is the case how are players meant to know what is and is not allowed?

If a referee goes to a game with a set agenda and point to prove as you are suggesting then said referee should be out of a job.

:)

You've missed read my point. I was saying he went there with a point and thought he could sort out what he thought was a problem. Rather then just doing his normal job. Of being fair no matter who was playing,

Having said that he didn't get too much wrong on Sunday. Just lost control of the players. Lets be honest Vardy did do a tom Daley.

Some referees want to make the game about them and aren't willing to let the game flow, it happens in rugby too. I can't stand it. Inconsistency is frustrating. It's difficult to compare every game however the referees should aim to be consistent. What frustrates me is when referees book players or even send players off very early on when they actually don't need to (if it's last man for example then fair enough). Unless the referee has to then they should do all they can to keep the peace, otherwise if the ref starts dishing out cards for a player's first bad tackle the referee gives themself a huge headache as they set the standard.

I wouldn't say a referee ever goes into a game with an agenda, only that there could already be pressure on them. Why do managers blast referees in press conferences knowing they'll get a fine or suspended touchline ban? Because it puts it in the mind of the referee of their next game that they got hard done by and that may be enough to swing most of the 50-50s or even big decisions in that side's favour, especially if they're at home. Sir Alex was the master of it!

Tbh I'm more upset by Mori's apology. If you're going to be a snide be unrepentant. Seeing them celebrate it was hilarious. 2-0 down in the derby, and celebrating going down to ten men and him missing the semi final, they're the gift that keeps giving. Horrible to lose Origi but it was part of The Ev showing themselves up and I'd expect nothing less from a derby. It's bad but it happens, if it didn't it'd mean there was no passion or hatred. Oh well, just got to hope Sturridge's legs don't fall off again between now and the end of season.

Crystal Palace Football Club are in the FA Cup Final. That's gonna take a while to sink in.

UP THE PALACE!

I just about remember the 1990 cup final, have a T-Shirt and cap from the day, although I did not attend.

It would be brilliant to Win the cup, I am sure Utd will have plenty more chances in the next 26 years, but I am not sure Palace will.

A place in Europe would also be a nice Bonus to enjoy next season.

Ian