• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

One win. That's all it's going to take now for Leicester to win the Premier League. And who are they playing on Sunday afternoon? Oh, wait - us at Old Trafford. :p Gutted I'm not able to go tbh, as it'd be an absolutely amazing atmosphere there. If they do beat us on Sunday, even if it means we end up missing out on the Champions League, I don't think I'd even be that bothered - with the way Leicester have played this season, they fully deserve the title.

Bring on Sunday!

I know this is a double post, but given what happened in Warrington today, I think it's worth it.

The families of the 96 killed at Hillsborough finally have the verdicts they had waited 27 years for. Their loved ones were unlawfully killed that day due to the gross negligence of David Duckenfield, the match commander. What is also quite striking is that the inquest decided that the behaviour of the Liverpool fans was NOT a contributing factor to the disaster. What happens next will be extremely interesting, though. The Independent Police Complaints Commission have ongoing criminal investigations into this, and personally, I think David Duckenfield should face a criminal trial for his actions on that day. With all the evidence there is as a result of the inquest, I would say that a criminal trial is quite likely. Of course, I'm not an expert on these matters, but we shall wait and see.

I just hope whoever is culpable for Hillsbourgh gets what they should have got straight after the atrosoty. I still can't believe the stand is still there. All they did was reprofile the terraces and insert seats. It should have been pulled down and rebuilt.

I'm hoping Norwich escape the drop lol and do a Leicester next year! One can only dream. OTBC.

a lot of people are saying that the Leppings Lane End (away stand) of Wednesday's ground (Hillsborough) should be demolished. i don't think so, as it looks a lot safer than it apparently used to be (I've never been in that stand, as I'm a home (SWFC) fan/supporter). what do you think?

Last edited:
a lot of people are saying that the Leppings Lane End of Wednesday's ground (Hillsborough) should be demolished. i don't think so, as it looks a lot safer than it apparently used to be (I've never been in that stand, as I'm a SWFC fan/supporter). what do you think?

Since the Taylor Report in the 90s, many football clubs have upgraded their grounds (or just moved to a new one entirely) and they're much safer now. I think it would only be demolished if Wednesday ever decide to completely rebuilt it.

Wouldn't make much sense to demolish it. Now that's it's all seated it's not like anything like it will happen again. Unless the stand its structurally unsafe then I doubt they'll even consider it.

I see no reason to demolish it, other than if they needed to rebuild it due to it being structurally unsafe or if it needed rebuilding for some other reason.

Well, well, well.

Remarkable.

I doubt we'll ever see something as unexpected again in our lifetime within domestic sport.

If you'd told me a year ago that Leicester would win the Premier League this season, I would've laughed in your face. But they've done the unthinkable and won it. Like many people, I questioned the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as manager, but he's worked wonders with a side that somehow managed to escape relegation last year. Well done to him and the rest of the Leicester City team for achieving this amazing feat. And the best thing about all of this? I just won sixty quid from William Hill! :D

The celebrations for Leicester are also taking place North o' the border, seriously take a bow.

But wow, I can't believe it. Someone hold my calls, I can't talk to anyone!

Champions of England for the first time in our 132 year history - WOW! I still can't quite believe it, this is not mean to happen. Leicester City are not meant to win the Premier League. But we have, and it means the world to me!

:D

I think its amazing how football gone back in time this season. My old man is always telling me how back in the day, 50's, 60's, 70's, that teams would have a good year one year fade away then come back. Also teams that get promoted then have a miracle year win the league. Good to see, also shake up the premier league, here's hoping West ham get top 4.

Also, glad to see that Leicester have not resorted to the boring mind games that fergie, jose used to do. They just played football.

Next season should be a belter. Chelsea not in Europe, man city with pep, (who I think will be found out in this league.) man united, Liverpool with a side that Klopp can get more out of, saints and west ham getting stronger, arsenal being arsenal, spurs will improve, Leicester may improve.

Well done Leicester. Now the fun really begins.

An absolutely incredible story. Last March time I think it was, Leicester were gone and in the Championship. Now they're Premier League Champions! Something only 5 other teams have achieved and with a squad costing nothing (in modern football) . They've completely stuck their middle finger up to clubs like Chelsea and Man City who spend millions and millions every year to win the title. Sure money talks as this worked for them, but Leicester have just proven that a strong team spirit, hard work, belief and good old 4-4-2 works just as well.

Managers like Wenger, Van Gaal and Pellegrini should be embarrassed with themselves given the way this season has gone.

Next season is going to be very interesting. I don't think the likes of Mahrez and Kante will leave Leicester due to the fact they are Champions and will be playing in the Champions League but if they can be lured away it will be interesting to see how Leicester deal with that. Leicester are currently 50/1 to be relegated next season. ;)

-----

As for United. I actually thought we should have capitalised on Leicester's weak performance in the first half hour or so and should have been 2 up. In the end it was a point gained on City but to me it felt like 2 dropped. It shames me to be supporting Arsenal this weekend as if Arsenal get at least a point and United win against Norwich and West Ham we go above City in the race for top 4. Of course, if City win the Champions League we'd lose that spot however I fancy Real Madrid to go through.