• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Barring when we've played major rivals and beat them I don't ever remember the atmosphere at the end of a 4th round game at Anfield being so good after the full time whistle went.

The first of a potential 30 games left for Klopp as the Liverpool manager, and now for a massive season defining week with Chelsea and Arsenal to play.

Think he's having a little dilemma. I noticed In his interview the other day they clearly had to cut a few times after he looked down and took and breath.

Today, you could see tears forming. I hope he knows what he's doing.

I generally think Klopp and Xavi are doing the right thing. The game these days must take so much mental strength to manage in. Makes you realise how good Pep is. And Fergie before him.

Fergie I can agree with. Fergies strength was always having a good assistant that would disagree with him, but I think he stayed in that role for too long. Could have done with leaving a season or two earlier, before the rot started to really settle in and someone really needed to say to him at united. "When your gone, your gone" and made sure he never stepped foot in the gaff again.

Pep is a wonderful coach. Still takes some doing to do what he does, even if he's always had the easiest jobs In the leagues. I've always felt with pep, he would love to be in klopp shoes at Liverpool. Winning stuff with city looks flat compared to the scenes we have had with klopp.

Pep did take a year off football all together after he left Barca before he went to Bayern.

Klopp intended to take a years break after he left Dortmund but cut it short and took over Liverpool in October 2015, even here I he's signed two contract extensions after saying he'd leave when his existing contract ended.

He'll be leaving the club in a position of strength following the summer rebuild, and suddenly the academy production line seems to have whirred back into life in a big way.

Pep did take a year off football all together after he left Barca before he went to Bayern.

Klopp intended to take a years break after he left Dortmund but cut it short and took over Liverpool in October 2015, even here I he's signed two contract extensions after saying he'd leave when his existing contract ended.

He'll be leaving the club in a position of strength following the summer rebuild, and suddenly the academy production line seems to have whirred back into life in a big way.

Think he was slightly pushed out at Dortmund. Someone at Dortmund said, we had a choice between bin klopp or bin the players and start again with klopp and they took the wrong option. That experience may have pushed him further.

Can't believe that talent we have now McConnel, quansah and Bradley didn't look out of place yesterday.

I was rather impressed with Conor Bradley yesterday - he seems to be settling into Liverpool's first-team really well.

I could see how, as he said it, that when the cycle started again in November he realised he was done. Big, big call but that seems to be his ethos. I suppose the team is in a good place (to an outsider) and he feels confident to hand it over.

So glad Parish gave Roy another chance after the Arsenal game.

He shouldn't be near any football club at this time. Why palace took him back at all is baffling. Ok he may have done a job till end of the year after viera. After that he should have been let left to retire.

Never liked the bloke and the stories I've heard about at Liverpool make we wonder how he ever got a job in football prior or after then. Never seems to achieve anything and yet time and time again, he is with boring tactics and backwards approach to players welfare.

Palace deserve better than him

A 5 goal drubbing of Stoke by us (Leicester) today. Still trying to keep as grounded as possible but we are just rolling people over almost every week now, I’m also in love with our new possession style. Enzo has worked wonders in just over half a season. And I know he’s inherited some good players despite the sales we made, but the rate at which turned he’s the most putrid atmosphere around at the club following last years disaster is so refreshing.

Your are clearly better than Burnley. But the media were creaming themselves over 'Vincent Company's Burnley' last season, and that's not working out brilliantly now they've moved up to the Prem. Having said that though, you do have a better squad in my opinion. Just a reminder to not get too carried away (West Brom fan here who has seen many an optimistic promotion on the back of nice football, only to be brought back down to earth with a bang).

Your are clearly better than Burnley. But the media were creaming themselves over 'Vincent Company's Burnley' last season, and that's not working out brilliantly now they've moved up to the Prem. Having said that though, you do have a better squad in my opinion. Just a reminder to not get too carried away (West Brom fan here who has seen many an optimistic promotion on the back of nice football, only to be brought back down to earth with a bang).
Leicester should never have been relegated far better than that

What happens when ya ex employees loan you your best player.

The fact we went down with the squad we had was catastrophic, the club sleepwalked to disaster keeping Rodgers in charge as long as we did, yes we lost Maddison and Barnes but we’ve replaced them very well. I’d even argue we maybe have a better squad than what we went down with, Maddison’s individual quality was undeniable but his mentality when things get tough always seemed to waver. I know we will have a challenge on our hands if we do go up, mostly caused by our expansive style of play. Will come down to recruitment, and our financial situation is pretty dire so that’s my worry.

The fact we went down with the squad we had was catastrophic, the club sleepwalked to disaster keeping Rodgers in charge as long as we did, yes we lost Maddison and Barnes but we’ve replaced them very well. I’d even argue we maybe have a better squad than what we went down with, Maddison’s individual quality was undeniable but his mentality when things get tough always seemed to waver. I know we will have a challenge on our hands if we do go up, mostly caused by our expansive style of play. Will come down to recruitment, and our financial situation is pretty dire so that’s my worry.
My uncle's a Leicester City fan, and I've had a lot of...interesting conversations with him over the years. First match I ever attended was Leicester City v Manchester United back in September 2003, and I was stuck in the Leicester end. Given United won 4-1 thanks to a hat-trick from Ruud van Nistelrooy, it wasn't easy to stay quiet. :p On the plus side, I was lucky enough to be taken right down next to the pitch when United were warming up, and I still have the photos I took. But I digress. :p

Last season, I said to my uncle on a number of occasions that Rodgers should've gone a lot sooner than he did. You would've had a better chance of staying in the Prem if you'd ditched him at an earlier point, and he fully agreed with me.

Rodgers is one of football's biggest frauds.

As for this season, it is so far so good for us, although with Southampton and Leeds both in excellent form we cannot afford to take our foot off the gas. In any other season automatic promotion would be all but assured by now, however this season one extended blip and you'll be overtaken (a la Ipswich).