• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

If only the English Championship (or any English men's league for that matter) was on Freeview.
I think the money for the live scottish championship games is practically nothing. Fair play to BBC Scotland though, they do a good job with their coverage. I'd love them to make it a bit more prominent on Iplayer - I'm sure a good few people would like to watch free football if they knew it existed.

And the last minute save by the keeper.
He is a great shot stopper. But he makes my bowels move every time he comes for a high ball though.... and his play out is poor. Can't have it all I suppose.

Anyone else looking at German football at the moment and also thinking. Why aren't we in this country doing the same. Why do we put with high ticket prices, oil backed states running football clubs, multi club ownership and games being stuck behind pay walls.

Also, anyone else looking at German football and laughing their head off as it looks like the curse of Kane is going to hit Bayern Munich as they look increasingly likely to end this season without a trophy?

Also, anyone else looking at German football and laughing their head off as it looks like the curse of Kane is going to hit Bayern Munich as they look increasingly likely to end this season without a trophy?
Watched their game yesterday, looks like the league has sussed him out, and he resorted to what he does best. Running around with arms outstretched, talking gibberish to a ref and falling over if someone has sneezed in the stands.

One of greatest finishers of his time. But he his so easily marked out of a game and he is not a leader. Would help if he could actually speak English.

There has been a bit of indignation from the opposition after my team posted this clip. Attacking play was booked - right or wrong call?

Watched their game yesterday, looks like the league has sussed him out, and he resorted to what he does best. Running around with arms outstretched, talking gibberish to a ref and falling over if someone has sneezed in the stands.

One of greatest finishers of his time. But he his so easily marked out of a game and he is not a leader. Would help if he could actually speak English.

Couldn’t agree more with this. Despite the number of goals he’s scored I actually think he’s over rated. Very lucky we don’t have any other strikers really of international quality.

I've no doubt he has the ability. His hold up play is as good as I've seen. When he can be arsed he his brilliant at picking at pass.

But he drifts in and out of seasons and will go missing in big games and dives to much. He would frustrate me to hell if he played in a side I supported. And the media always call it clever. Shearer was the same. Face plant in box for no reason, yet because the gave the captains arm band for England, shields you for being labelled a cheat. Like Salah for example.

Great tackle that :tearsofjoy:

I think that Tuchel has been found out, he got found out at PSG and then at Chelsea

Couldn’t agree more with this. Despite the number of goals he’s scored I actually think he’s over rated. Very lucky we don’t have any other strikers really of international quality.
How can a striker be labelled “overrated” despite the number of goals he’s scored. It’s a bit of an oxymoron, no? 24 goals in 20 games is world class no matter how you spin the rest of his play. He’s an out and out striker, and he does that job better than 99% of every other player in his position.

Haaland is similar, strong, great in the box and solid hold up play. Other than that you’ll see him mooch around the back line rarely getting a touch.

What we saw yesterday was a side that has a good manager, with a squad of players who know there roles inside out. With a good leader on the field in vvd and endo. Wanting to go and win games.

Compared to Chelsea. A set players playing for a wage. With a manager who clearly has no input on signings and the general day to day running of the side. Run by an American billionaire trying his best to run a football club, when we he has no idea how.

Couldn't happen to a nicer set of lads.

Shame my dream solution of a Dark Knight Rises esque sinkhole didn't happen.

Chelsea losing makes up for it slightly. The longer they fail the funnier it gets.