• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

The extra time performance was a disgrace from Chelsea. We looked well on top at points during the 90 and then bottled it right at the end against Liverpool's under 14's. I've defended Pochettino more than most but he admitted to playing for pens which is inexcusable.

'Billion pound bottlejobs' is spot on tbf.

Sick of losing at Wembley. At least I'm only up the road so can get home quickly to sulk in peace.

Thought the last 15 minutes of the 90 Liverpool looked like we'd ran out of steam. Klopps decision to role the dice with bringing on McConnell, Danns, and Kostas seemed to galvanise the side and we looked the much better side in extra time. Glad for the late winner as I didn't think I could take watching another penalty shoot out.

Was a very long day, up at 6am to head into Liverpool city centre, got the first train to London. The planned pub crawl failed as the first 3 pubs weren't open. So much for London being a global city! Finally stopped in a few open pubs, the final one being The Globe before getting the tube to Wembley.
Post game it was back to Euston, a few celebratory pints in the Euston Tap. A train home, then a bus and was in for 12.15am.

I don't get why Poch gets all the praise he gets? Didn't he fail at one stage to win Ligue 1 with PSG, had a good season at Spurs and a good season at Southampton. Never understood the hype.

He did well for a good few seasons at Spurs before they completely failed to back him after getting to the champions league final.

He's clearly been brought in due to his ability to work with younger players, saying that though the performance at Anfield in January is the worst I've ever seen a Chelsea team play against us since the 90s.

Amusingly he's currently the only manager to finish above a team managed by Pep Guardiola and not win the league.

Thought the last 15 minutes of the 90 Liverpool looked like we'd ran out of steam. Klopps decision to role the dice with bringing on McConnell, Danns, and Kostas seemed to galvanise the side and we looked the much better side in extra time. Glad for the late winner as I didn't think I could take watching another penalty shoot out.

Was a very long day, up at 6am to head into Liverpool city centre, got the first train to London. The planned pub crawl failed as the first 3 pubs weren't open. So much for London being a global city! Finally stopped in a few open pubs, the final one being The Globe before getting the tube to Wembley.
Post game it was back to Euston, a few celebratory pints in the Euston Tap. A train home, then a bus and was in for 12.15am.
Fond memories of The Globe. Usually a Chelsea stronghold on Wembley match days. Used to go up there for a bit of pre match atmosphere but haven't done so in many years now. Tend to stay local around Ruislip/Harrow now.
I don't get why Poch gets all the praise he gets? Didn't he fail at one stage to win Ligue 1 with PSG, had a good season at Spurs and a good season at Southampton. Never understood the hype.
I honestly think he's been really unlucky at Chelsea which sounds weird when you look at the resources he has available. There's always a plan on the pitch and I can see what he's *trying* to do, but the players always let him down. We are statistically well up there on chances created, but terrible at converting them.

Baffles me how Man United are so far ahead of Chelsea on points because they look a lot worse whenever I watch them.

Yeah the Globe was packed with Chelsea fans, no issues though we just sat at the back and enjoyed a quick pint.
First open pub we eventually got to was the Barley Mow, and we followed that with the Prince Regent. One thing I'll always enjoy about London is all the great pubs.

First time I've done a Wembley day trip to see Liverpool like this, usually it's been a train or coach to by Wembley and then back the same way. The 3pm kick off allowed the ability to do it this way instead arriving in London just after 11am, and then having enough time even with extra time to comfortably be back at the Euston Tap well before the train home.

As the resident troglodyte luddite, could I point out that those attending the final with paper tickets had few issues with entry.
Those trying to enter with a q code struggled...all down to a minor power outage at a few turnstiles.
And bring back throwing toilet rolls at the away goalkeeper...I miss that.

As the resident troglodyte luddite, could I point out that those attending the final with paper tickets had few issues with entry.
Those trying to enter with a q code struggled...all down to a minor power outage at a few turnstiles.
And bring back throwing toilet rolls at the away goalkeeper...I miss that.
Plus the paper ticket is a nice momento of the day. Won't be long before they ask if you want to buy a commemorative ticket like I've seen for a few gigs.

I'm sure City will be appealing any punishment that comes their way, dragging it out even longer. Court of Arbitration for Sport and all that. They've got no intention of complying with anything. I'm convinced that they're happy to just drag all of this out whilst they continue to grow their brand and fanbase. At the end of it, you just know that any punishment for them is going to be pathetic and cause uproar. As for these points deductions in general, they need to happen in closed season so people know where they stand during the competitive period. That goes for appeal decisions too. Why does it take so long anyway? They decided Everton & Forest were guilty weeks and weeks ago, why do they not know the points deduction for those offences already? Pathetic.

I agree Barry. But then why are the league asking for -12 for everton to then settle for -6 and say they are happy. Its still a mess. -10 is more than if you go into administration so surely a smaller deduction and 1/2 transfer window bans would be better and then its done inseason with no appeal process needed. Im a forest supporter and its crazy that its not done at the point of telling us we overspent

Surely now, Forest & Everton will get 6 points taken off when they finally feel like letting everyone know? Both havn't contested the decision and all similar offences? No point giving more than 6 points now as they will just get appealed into the final games of the season :openmouth:

Surely now, Forest & Everton will get 6 points taken off when they finally feel like letting everyone know? Both havn't contested the decision and all similar offences? No point giving more than 6 points now as they will just get appealed into the final games of the season :openmouth:

Well I'd say Everton should get a harsher punishment than us. This is a second breach of the rules

Think it's been said that it all needs to be sorted by April at latest.

Charges meeting are due in March. So allows for some appeal time prior to end of the season.

The main potential spanner would be if the second deduction for Everton went into next season. Already Leicester have some grounds as they would've stayed up if the deduction had taken place last year, imagine Luton could do the same if that happened.

It's a mess the league were happy to ignore until the government started mentioning an independent regulator coming in.

Reading also receiving another 2 point deduction today shines a light on the gulf between the league organisations.

Well I'd say Everton should get a harsher punishment than us. This is a second breach of the rules
The problem is with that is the thing they've fell afoul of runs over three years so depending on which financial year's of Evertons are the main cause of the breach it feels like more charges and points deductions are effectively for the same crime they've already been punished for.