• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

For years I have argued with folk about going to watch footie at lower league.

My grandad was from Liverpool and me grandma was from Featherstone (Wakefield) so me dad would go to watch the reds with his dad. On some weekends go and watch Barnsley with his cousin. I've ended up following that. Some fine that weird. I have often argued (with Leeds fans, but they are a special breed) nothing wrong with supporting two sides. In my life time I've know them play each other 3 times. (Which Barnsley are 2-1 up)

As a kid I would go with my mate and his dad to watch Macclesfield town. When they got to league one I had a season ticket. That season they played Manchester city. See the contrast to fortunes of those two sides.

Footie is way too tribal for its own good.

Sad to see Sven Goran Ericsson passed away over the weekend.

Had great success with Lazio in the late 90s.
Took over England at quite a low point and got them into a position were qualifying for tournaments was taken for granted.
Probably very unlucky with the draws he got in those tournaments and even the situations in the games. Brazil scoring an equaliser right before half time in 2002. Rooney breaking his foot 10 minutes into the 1/4 final against Portugal in 2004, and even then they came a few minutes away from winning in the 90 minutes, and then had a questionable decision disallow a goal, and finally in 2006 Rooney getting sent off and England having to play so long with ten men.

I know City fans who looked back fondly at his time as their manager.

Was a lovely touch this year when he said his one regret was not getting to manage Liverpool and the club were able to invite him to manage the LFC legends XI back in March.

RIP Sven

Two words:

Bloody Wednesday.

0-0 up until 30 mins to play then we implode and concede three goals. 🤬🤦‍♂️
To say that I'm fuming is an understatement. Goalless in three league games, something is going wrong and if we don't sort it out soon it'll be a similar season to the last one. That 4-0 season opener against Plymouth feels a long time ago now.

The silence of United fans this week. Is Brought to you by Arne Slot.

3 games in and we look so composed compared to last season. Rode the united storm out and punished them every time.

On a serious note. The decision by sir Jim not to sack teg hag will bite this lot on the arse. And I will enjoy every second of it.

Great performance today from Arne Slots tricky Reds.

Cracking start, 9 points out of 9 and no goals conceded so far.

Now just need everyone to withdraw from their international sides so they can all have a week off.

Great performance today from Arne Slots tricky Reds.

Cracking start, 9 points out of 9 and no goals conceded so far.

Now just need everyone to withdraw from their international sides so they can all have a week off.

You can see he's done his homework and the players have responded.

That midfield. Actually protects the back line and builds the attack. Nice to see

BuT tEn HaG wAs MoRe SuCcEsSfUl ThAn KlOoP lAsT tWo SeAsOnS.

Love seeing them get rinsed. Even if it's Liverpool doing it.

United are absolute experts at wasting money. Anyone with any knowledge of football could have told you not to give Ten Hag a new contract. Indeed, he needed sacking. Now they'll have to give him a much bigger pay-off. Absolute shambles at the top of that club for many years. Funny though, for all the years that Fergie bullied the media/officials. About time they just employed an actual good coach/manager as even I'm getting bored of seeing the slow-motion car crash to some degree. Rashford needs moving on too. They've actually some talented players there but the football they try to play is piss-poor.

Man utd is toxic poison at the moment. Owners who want to sell everyone. A team full of mercenaries like Rashford, Casemiro, Maguire, Antony, Mount, need I go on. Fans spitting poison at the team from the stands because they're not winning any more and getting on the back of players as soon as they make a mistake.

Two of our players went there, Zaha and Wan-Bissaka who were treated like crap. So glad Olise didn't end up there.

Sir Jim is just a glazier with a knighthood.

He had one huge decision to make in the summer and bottled it, because of a fluke FA cup win.

United issue is the same Liverpool had in the 90s. Too many former players in the media, waxing lyrical about the good old days and getting excited about every new signing. Without ever questioning the club incase they pull the freebies.

Casamiro has learned the hard way that, at Madrid. He had good quality players around him that could bale each other out and he didn't need to do as much. Whilst now, he's having to run all over the field, as his legs are failing him.

As for rashford. He should have pushed to go to PSG, when he had the chance. That would have been better for both parties.

Casamiro has learned the hard way that, at Madrid. He had good quality players around him that could bale each other out and he didn't need to do as much. Whilst now, he's having to run all over the field, as his legs are failing him.

As for rashford. He should have pushed to go to PSG, when he had the chance. That would have been better for both parties.

Rashford is a myth. Said it for years. He had one good season, and some of those goals were a fluke.

Very much a confidence player. Who’s never confident

Real Madrid also seem to be very good at selling players just as they hit their bad times.

Varane & Ronaldo prime recent examples.