• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

At Selhurst Park years before the Taylor Report came into action there, There used to be (at least) two terrace ends at the Holmesdale Road and the Whitehorse lane ends, but seating was an alternative in the Main stand and the Arthur Wait stand (I think). Grounds wouldn't be 100% terraced, some seating would still be available mainly for those who are less able or don't want to stand. I would love to have terracing back, to me going to a football match without an atmosphere is like having cereal without milk, it's nowhere near as good In my opinion.

A good example of wanting terracing back is when Coventry converted their Highfield Road stadium to all seater in the 80's (before Hillsborough) however Coventry fans were outraged and wanted the terracing back, as the atmosphere was dying and crowds were lower. They (The terraces) eventually came back but of course went again for obvious reasons.

Eddie said:
A good example of wanting terracing back is when Coventry converted their Highfield Road stadium to all seater in the 80's (before Hillsborough) however Coventry fans were outraged and wanted the terracing back, as the atmosphere was dying and crowds were lower. They (The terraces) eventually came back but of course went again for obvious reasons.

And then Coventry moved to the Ricoh, gaining an average attendance of 8 people! :p (a little dig at the Cov scums shoddy attendances is always required!)

Rob said:
Eddie said:

And then Coventry moved to the Ricoh, gaining an average attendance of 8 people! :p (a little dig at the Cov scums shoddy attendances is always required!)

Rob I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting your Leicester self to make some comment about Coventry awful attendance at the Ricoh xD

Eddie said:
Rob said:
Eddie said:

Rob I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting your Leicester self to make some comment about Coventry awful attendance at the Ricoh xD

Indeed! In fact here is a photo from their record attendance at the ground:

ricoharena_front.jpg

:p

Rob said:
Eddie said:
Rob said:
Eddie said:

Indeed! In fact here is a photo from their record attendance at the ground:

ricoharena_front.jpg

:p

Haha What a support! xD Also Rob, since Cov maybe kicked out of the Ricoh, here's a few options as to where they could play in the mean time...

Nuneaton Town's Stadium

image-18-for-where-could-coventry-city-play-next-gallery-420777290.jpg

Hinkley United's Ground

image-9-for-where-could-coventry-city-play-next-gallery-844900448.jpg

Coventry RFC's Ground

image-1-for-where-could-coventry-city-play-next-gallery-58852413.jpg

But even with those options, they still wouldn't be able to fill those if they played there! xD

Apparently there's a school playing field going spare just on the outskirts of Coventry, they could well be playing there! :p

And on a side note, the record attendance at Hinkley's ground is for a pre-season friendly against Leicester, comprising of mostly Leicester fans, just thought I'd throw that one out there! ;)

Tonight two of my local teams Lincoln City (imps) and Manfield Town (Stags) are playing each other to decide who plays Liverpool at home, it would mean alot to which ever team got it as it would be atleast 1/4 million in revenue. I don't know who I want to win as I have friends who support both teams and both of them deserve it.

Pretty happy with both results, firstly Scunny always seems to do well against London clubs (For example, Palace. ;) ) but I wasn't expecting us to get a decent win tbh, although we need a lot for performances like that if we're going to stay up.

As for Everton, Stoke's always a tough place to go so can't complain about the result (Another poor ref display, however, I'm more than happy to complain about - About the 10th time this season we've been cheated out of a penalty.). Fellaini was lucky to not get sent off, and I think he was stupid for doing it, but worse things have been done this season that have gone unpunished, so I'll let it pass. :)

Eddie said:
Adam said:
firstly Scunny always seems to do well against London clubs (For example, Palace. ;) )

Although If we'd play you now, we'd beat you ;)

Mate, the way we're playing now, Zaha on his own could beat us. :p

Just wanna pop this in here before today's matches are played:

7TH IN THE TABLE!!!!

Cracking atmosphere at Carrow Road yesterday too! Was pretty funny to hear some of the creative old chants of past players being sung by the Barclay for the sheer hell of it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Russia do not deserve the World Cup. I'm convinced they got it because of oil - the same goes for Qatar - and this latest piece of news only makes me think even more that it should have been given to anyone but Russia.

Didn't Sepp Blatter tell people not to be/act gay in Qatar?

FIFA are a bunch of idiots... No two ways about it... Money focused and crap at every decision ever... Sooner Blatter and Platini vanish the better (only if they're replaced by sensible people, which won't happen)...

So the Champions League draw has been made, and is as follows:

Galatasaray v Schalke
Celtic v Juventus
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Valencia v Paris St Germain
Porto v Málaga

Of all the teams United could have been drawn against, we end up with the one we really didn't want. :p On a different note, tough draws for the other British teams as well.

Jonathan said:
So the Champions League draw has been made, and is as follows:

Galatasaray v Schalke
Celtic v Juventus
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Manchester United
Valencia v Paris St Germain
Porto v Málaga

Celtic to beat Juventus
Schalke to beat Galatasaray
Bayern to destroy Arsenal
Dortmund to beat Shakhtar
Barcelona to beat AC
Real Madrid to beat Manchester United (Hopefully :D )
PSG to beat Valencia N/A
Porto to beat Malaga

My predictions