• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Annoying result, mainly as Derby where time waisting from about 2 minutes in, our defence was awful, we have arsenalitus trying to walk the ball into the net, and despite that I think we were unlucky to lose. Ahh we'll Brighton away next week.

Ridiculous decision. Where did they expect to be in the table? His record wasn't exactly good though.

From a neutral perspective, I'm fairly happy there's going to be a lot less #EPL in the league from now.

I'm unsure about Holloway, on one hand he seems a decent guy and did great with Blackpool, but on the other he's hardly done great for Palace when you look at the full picture, he took a team that were top of the table to only just making the play offs on the last day of the season, then he made some pretty poor transfer decisions in summer. Still think he should've been given longer at Palace to try and turn things around though.

It wasn't a sacking, Holloway said he didn't feel like he could continue and hence, mutual consent...

He admitted mistakes in the Press Conference, which takes quite a brave man to do in the field, and as such I wish him all the best... Regardless of whatever happened over the past year, we still have the Play-Offs and that win at Brighton to remember...

I would rather if he didn't feel up to it (and tbh, after Fulham, previous matches with dodgy incidents and the reaction of some 'fans' on Monday, I don't blame him), that he would do this, rather than stick around and things get worse and worse week in week out...

As for a replacement, the sensible option with an aim to stay up would have to be Pulis, because of how his teams are... It wouldn't be pretty but it would certainly help the major issues with the team which is both 1) defensively dire and 2) often too honest for their own good... I would happily see us play 'ugly' football (which would certainly be better than Monday, or Palace under Freedman or Taylor or many others) and stay up than more Monday performances and go down with an award winning low points tally...

Give him a 2.5 year contract to acheive some form of stability to both the team and club (regardless of league) and see how it goes from there... As Holloway said, the team need a new injection of something into them, as it appears that his mistakes may have cost him the back-room confidence of the players both old and new...

Away at the codheads in the FA cup! ;D

If ITV have any sense this should be the televised game of the round, proper derby this is.

Leicester 4, Fulham 3. Absolute cracker of a game! A pity it wasn't live on TV as it was real end to end stuff and in the end we deservedly came out on top!

;D

I don't suppose anybody saw the Tottenham-Hull match last night? It sounds like it was a great match.

Sent from my new fangled telephonic device, so I apologise for any silly errors

CupCakeMonster said:
I don't suppose anybody saw the Tottenham-Hull match last night? It sounds like it was a great match.

Sent from my new fangled telephonic device, so I apologise for any silly errors

I did via Sky Sports News. Hull were extremely unlucky to lose to Spurs thanks to penalties twice in the space of about 4 days.

Oh what a day and a week to be a Leicester fan. Brilliant 3-0 win at Watford today with Knockaert scoring one of the goals. That's what happens when you tw*tty mascot decides to re-enact the events of the end of last season on the pitch right before the game. I hate Watford, and this win was brilliant!

:)