• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Oh thank god...I was worried it was just me.
This closed season seems very...closed.
Towers are famous for the very last minute flourishes in background effects, we have no idea of what the end result will be until it opens.
Looking forward to seeing it myself when (if) the skyride reopens.

Nope not just you. It's been an awful closed season

All seriousness with several comments saying that it is just X-Sector 2.0, I do wonder if that is the intention as in if that could mean we might be seeing X-Sector to be given a new theme if Forbidden Valley is taking its theme?

Likely once FV gains its new theme then X-Sector is likely next to get attention (unless you want to mention Project Horizon being part of TWODW) but that is another story. Personally I'm not too happy that we'll have two similar military themes much like how we have two spooky forest themed areas on the park though I would be willing to let it slide if we were to lose one military theme and make it something not grim then fair enough.

All seriousness with several comments saying that it is just X-Sector 2.0, I do wonder if that is the intention as in if that could mean we might be seeing X-Sector to be given a new theme if Forbidden Valley is taking its theme?

Likely once FV gains its new theme then X-Sector is likely next to get attention (unless you want to mention Project Horizon being part of TWODW) but that is another story. Personally I'm not too happy that we'll have two similar military themes much like how we have two spooky forest themed areas on the park though I would be willing to let it slide if we were to lose one military theme and make it something not grim then fair enough.
In my opinion, what I'd like X-Sector to become is something similar to a Mad-Hatter/Insanity area of the park.
As Smiler in its current form, already making people 'insane' though the use of the Marmaliser. With some people resisting my 'looking down' into a black Oblivion to resist it.

Anyway, so this post doesn't get moved. I'll say this Forbidden Valley itself would be interesting to see a new 'military' theme. With the Phalanx being established as a paramilitary organization. Who seek strength though control. And they wouldn't let Nemmy go free without a fight, so they'd send more military force to use their 12-hour response time and try to regain control of both the Nemesis site and the adjacent research facility. This leading to more military instillations dotted throughout FV as they try and regain their control over Nemmy.

As I've said before, it wouldn't take much effort to push X-sector into a more 'mad science' direction. It's already half way there with the Smiler. Gives a bit more of a distinction with the (presumed) alien/ biohazard containment area that Forbidden Valley seems to be moving towards.

The last minute Th13teen queue fences/tarmac is a personal favourite.
They have long-term form for this. Just watch BBC Magic Factory on YouTube - workmen still with wheelbarrows / block paving sand "whackers" working in X-Sector on Oblivion opening day as the guests were sprinting into the area - half an hour later than they should have been as they basically cancelled XRT.

History repeated itself 4yrs later on Air opening day - scaffolding tower hastily removed to behind the "Air Gates" towards the hotel. Crappy "camouflage netting" put up by Wheelchair entrance near Ripsaw Cafe where they had not had time to build a fence. Bin bags only put in bins (that had only been delivered the previous day) about 10mins before guests arrived. I could go on.

They only time they finally saw sense was with Rita, when they were not hell-bent on a 1st day of season opening if the ride was not ready.

In theory, everything on Nemesis should be ready on time - they've only have had 15 and a bit months for the works. Time will tell.

If it appears unlikely we’re not getting a flat ride in forbidden valley this season. Would anyone prefer them to fill the empty space with another filler show or game as seen below, or just prefer temporary seating?

b14af94c8114c7b663723c294a2dee36.jpg

382d7d7d3d4e068507a753b6d71dea63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it appears unlikely we’re not getting a flat ride in forbidden valley this season. Would anyone prefer them to fill the empty space with another filler show or game as seen below, or just prefer temporary seating?

If the flat rides aren't installed by the time the season starts, I wouldn't mind a small temporary fixture going to where the flat rides would reside to give AT some temporary increase in capacity at those areas.

What was going on in the second picture? Looks like a junk sale.