• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

At Chessington:
On the Vampire: "Your restraints will open shortly, should they fail to open: Uh Oh!"
On the Scorpion Express: After three laps, the train slowed down as if to stop at the station, the operator shouted "Go, Go, Go!" And the train accelerated into a fourth lap.

On the Scorpion Express: After three laps, the train slowed down as if to stop at the station, the operator shouted "Go, Go, Go!" And the train accelerated into a fourth lap.
Probably the operator didn't stop it in the right place so was forced to send it around again :laughing:

Sorry to bump this thread, but even though I don’t often comment on these types of threads, I overheard an interesting conversation between a ride host and a group of pre-teen boys on Maelstrom at Drayton Manor on Thursday while I was waiting for my restraint to be checked.
  • Boy 1: *points excitedly at Shockwave* “That blue ting looks proper sick, bruv! It looks like a water ride; I bet you get proper wet on it!”
  • Boy 1: *turns to ride host* “Is that one a water ride?”
  • Ride Host: “No. Does it look like a water ride?”
  • Boy 2: “Nah, bruv; that’s the one The Inbetweeners went on, init?”
  • Ride Host: “No, we’re not even at the right park; The Inbetweeners went to Thorpe Park…”
I felt a lot of second hand embarrassment for them… the ride host did not look very impressed.

Sorry to bump this thread, but even though I don’t often comment on these types of threads, I overheard an interesting conversation between a ride host and a group of pre-teen boys on Maelstrom at Drayton Manor on Thursday while I was waiting for my restraint to be checked.
  • Boy 1: *points excitedly at Shockwave* “That blue ting looks proper sick, bruv! It looks like a water ride; I bet you get proper wet on it!”
  • Boy 1: *turns to ride host* “Is that one a water ride?”
  • Ride Host: “No. Does it look like a water ride?”
  • Boy 2: “Nah, bruv; that’s the one The Inbetweeners went on, init?”
  • Ride Host: “No, we’re not even at the right park; The Inbetweeners went to Thorpe Park…”
I felt a lot of second hand embarrassment for them… the ride host did not look very impressed.
Interesting response from the ride host. That sort sarcasm could've taken the situation south very quickly. I'm assuming they've never been to towers then if they think shockwave looks good. Would be funny to see their reaction to seeing smiler

Not what i heard but saw, when I was in the single rider queue for Smiler during a break down and waiting to restart, a rather intimate couple in front of me decided to pass the time amd have a rather a steamy make out. The ride started again which was disappointing as I was hoping to see some tounge action between them, more entertainment than what Towers have done over the years with their ENT section...

Another funny thing was when I went at the start of July, the park was filled with Scots for it was the start of the Scottish summer holidays and when I got on Thirteen, I ended up sitting alongside a family from Kilmarnock of all places. I travel hundreds of miles to get away from them and they are here, good grief.

Finally evolving Scots was in the queue for the Monorail at the end of the day, these two Glaswegians lads were talking about football tactics and about sweeper and defender formations and what players they need for their respective teams. Wasn't funny but quite well informed at how serious it was in such a bizarre setting, then again, Glasgow is football crazy, going into a pub and shouting out loudly that Rangers and Celtic are rubbish would see many Weegies would force you to to ride Hero at Mingoland for 24 hours straight, a fate worse than death...

I once told myself (while maintaining a straight face)...

Referencing Nemesis - "yeah, they have to spot weld the top of the loop after the park closes every night because it's so exposed to the rain it's completely corroded"

*This was a good ten years ago too.

I’m probably going to regret asking this based on your comments about it, but… am I the only one who doesn’t actually know what OnlyFans is?

Being of the social media generation, I know I should probably know, but I haven’t really dabbled with the newer social networks… I only have a Facebook account.