• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

I’m probably going to regret asking this based on your comments about it, but… am I the only one who doesn’t actually know what OnlyFans is?

Being of the social media generation, I know I should probably know, but I haven’t really dabbled with the newer social networks… I only have a Facebook account.
It's a direct to consumer "influencer" premium platform. Commonly used for sharing media of a more personal nature.

It's a direct to consumer "influencer" premium platform. Commonly used for sharing media of a more personal nature.
That doesn’t sound terribly appropriate for a family theme park…

As an aside, I must admit that I’m always surprised by how many people who do graffiti in queues write their social media pages on the fences. This might just be me being a bit more private than some, but I wouldn’t personally choose to broadcast my social media accounts to the 2.5 million people who visit Alton Towers each year even if I did have more than a mere Facebook account. Ditto with phone numbers; I always see a lot of those as well.

Each to their own, I guess!

I think a lot of those phone numbers on there are someone else's and not their own. It was common for kids years ago to write "For sex call ...." followed by the phone number of their mates mum.

Only Fans stickers though? I was going to say who would do something so public knowing that someone behind them could just whip out their phone and see the person queueing in front of them in very intimate detail. But then I remembered how much money some people make from this stuff!

Just remembered one from my last visit to towers although it wasn’t in a queue, I overheard a group discussing Wickerman and as we were walking past them, one of them said:

“It’s a wooden coaster, so that means it’ll be really really rough”

I hope they were pleasantly surprised!

Overheard on Skyride today: "Sik is the best coaster in the UK".

Go Away GIF

'Galactica is scarier than Nemesis, you can hear lots more screaming here (EDIT: the people talking were by the entrance to Galactica) than by Nemesis'

Last edited:
In the queue for Oblivion on Sunday.

“This is the old entrance to the Black Hole.” I said it’s not and they still tried to argue it.

The rides for 7 years co existed together, they were not sharing entrances or theming. Despite me telling them it was where The Smiler is now they still didn’t believe me.

Despite me telling them it was where The Smiler is now they still didn’t believe me.
TBF, that patch of land is do different that you would never had know a large tent was there to begin with.

Still, it is nice that some members of the public still talk about Black Hole to this day.

Not in a queue, but it’s amazing how many people on YouTube and TikTok were on the front row of the last ride of Nemesis. The ride magically increased its capacity for the 6th November.

Not in a queue, but it’s amazing how many people on YouTube and TikTok were on the front row of the last ride of Nemesis. The ride magically increased its capacity for the 6th November.
By the end of the night they were just running the front row queue off - so the last few trains were empty except for front row. Might explain why people are claiming they were on the 'last train' of the night...

In May, I heard someone in the queue for Green Scream at Adventure Island say that Oblivion was at Thorpe.

Many people in the Alton Manor indoor queue are saying that it is just a walkthrough, not a ride, and then get very surprised when they see the ride. It's not stupid, but it is funny.