• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

Funny this thread came up again but it has reminded me something that my older cousin had many years ago when I first went to Towers in 1997 in which there was a funny story my uncle said to my cousin who was, as still is now, a total buffoon. Anyway, he was misbehaving that time we were at the park and when my uncle and cousin soon realised the big slimy blob they saw in the Nemesis pit was the giant alien creature itself...my uncle threatened my cousin that if he didn't behave he would feed him to the Nemesis monster. 😂 😂 😂

Honestly TBH if that were me too, I'd die of fear on the spot too...

CfQ07-_UYAEe5m2.jpg

I have heard a few while I have been working at towers recently.

1: Octonauts closes due to a technical issue. Someone's response was, ''I swear they just close things when they feel like it just to empty the queues.''

2: Pointing at Spinball and then Octo, ''Are these part of the same ride?''

3: Looks at queue time board that says 45 minutes and then asks me, ''is it actually 45 minutes or are you just saying that because i can't see many people''. the queue is hidden behind a wall.

4: A family with a young child comes to ride octo. the child to me looks under 0.9 metres. I ask if i can quickly do a height check and their response was, ''No he went on it yesterday.'' I say I have to do a height check in order to let them ride. they continue to argue, ''I'll show you look we did it yesterday I'll get a picture up.'' Then spends 2 minutes searching through hundreds of pictures looking for it, finds it and shows me. At this point they then barge past me and run quickly down the queue.

5: I have had quite a few people referring to the RAP card as the ''Jump the queue pass'' or ''Free Fastpass''

6: Last year I was working on skyride at the end station at the towers by hex. Passengers aren't allowed to stay in the cabins on the turn-around track but once there was this family who demanded not asked that I let them stay on. For some reason they wanted to go back to where they came from. I said that they would have to get off and rejoin the queue. Then I get the argument of, ''The guy at the last stop let us stay on.'' in my head I am screaming THIS IS AN END STATION AND THAT WAS A THOUGH STATION. Anyway I end up having to e-stop to stop the cabin overshooting the platform. One guy on board starts giggling and says ''do you think we are stupid?'' after staying put for about 40 seconds they realise they aren't going anywhere and I wasn't going to back down and they stormed off.

7: Skyride again and i was at FV sorting out a RAP guest when someone in the main queue shouted ''OI HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT US OR SOMETHING'' then proceeded with ''YOU HAVEN'T SHUT THEIR DOORS''. obviously i just ignore them because this is an incredible concept i know. T h e d o o r s c l o s e a u t o m a t i c a l l y

To be fair on point 3 above I’ve had a member of staff outside Rita once tell me that the queue was ‘at least’ 40 minutes because it was only on one train (this was close to park closing) I went in the queue and it was about 5 minutes, she was clearly exaggerating it so they could close the queue with less people in it.

Seems a bit OTT to E Stop the Skyride for that tbh.

If guests are not permitted to be in the cabins during that section of the ride then it seems fair to me.

What if something had ‘gone wrong’ whilst they were in that section, who would get it in the neck? The poor ride host that’s who, not the guest who thought they were above the rules.

I'm pretty sure if you allowed a guest to stay on on a return station you'd at the very least be taken off the ride, it's a health and safety no no as the doors stay open and there is no platform.

Edit: Also worth pointing out that the return host's E Stop on Skyride isn't like most other rides, the ride can be restarted immediately once the problem is clear.

Today in the Wickerman queue line, a family behind us were discussing the ride and said “it’s very similar to the Klondike mine ride that used to be at Drayton manor.. that was wooden and rickety..” well they got one characteristic right I guess😆

A group of kids behind us in the wickerman queue yesterday were coming out with some right corkers.

Highlights include: “you can hear Smiler from here!”

“I can’t believe I went on Rita it’s the fastest ride in the country!”

“They replace the coaster track every year, that’s why nemesis it closed today, it might open tomorrow”

Ahh, the innocence of youth.

My favourite was at Blackpool a few years back - in the queue for the River Caves (which was about 5-10 minutes long). The gent behind me was going mad "This is ridiculous. You have to wait for everything here. We were at Disney World and they manage things properly and you don't have to queue anything like this".

My favourite was at Blackpool a few years back - in the queue for the River Caves (which was about 5-10 minutes long). The gent behind me was going mad "This is ridiculous. You have to wait for everything here. We were at Disney World and they manage things properly and you don't have to queue anything like this".
You have posted this before. Screenshot_2023-09-14-08-26-41-397_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg