• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Or it was around 100/90 45 minutes and then has just naturally dropped to 50 whilst being on two trains the whole time.

All theme parks seem to be absurdly packed at the moment even for the school holidays, I was at Drayton manor yesterday and even maelstrom was a 40 minute queue

I think this might be what a year of staycations & vastly less limited theme park capacities is doing to theme park crowds… I guess a busy park can only bode well for the future, however, as it means that money is being made and COVID losses are being recouped!

With capacity back, the queue times do give a rough indication that it is indeed a busy summer holiday. I live next to the M5, Britain's 6 lane car park this time of year (but dead south of Bristol in the winter). This year has been the worst I've ever known it for traffic going down to Devon and Cornwall so not being allowed abroad looks like it isn't putting people off going on holiday in the UK instead.

Secondary spend will be important to the money they're making. These events will be costly, so will the hiring in of the temp rides but where are people eating? That and merch is where the real money is made.

@Matt N If park capacity is still limited but rides are back to full capacity, you would expect shorter queues?

Is Alton often hitting capacity since "unlock"? It's sold out for tomorrow but Friday is available to book. The uplift in demand this season is great to see, but not sure it will persist next year which will be interesting to observe if there if the passholder demand is softer too.

@Matt N If park capacity is still limited but rides are back to full capacity, you would expect shorter queues?

Is Alton often hitting capacity since "unlock"? It's sold out for tomorrow but Friday is available to book. The uplift in demand this season is great to see, but not sure it will persist next year which will be interesting to observe if there if the passholder demand is softer too.
I was under the impression that park capacity had been increased a fair bit after 19th July (or at least, Merlin released far more slots for passholders, anyway), so surely that would offset the increase in ride capacity?

I was under the impression that park capacity had been increased a fair bit after 19th July (or at least, Merlin released far more slots for passholders, anyway), so surely that would offset the increase in ride capacity?
At the risk of sounding glib, it depends if the numbers offset each other. To see the sort of queue times we're seeing with rides at full capacity, with the temporary rides, it does feel like capacity has been increased by a not insignificant margin, even if it's still capped at an achievable number. Any insights @imanautie ?

There are a lot of variables that make Alton difficult to gauge, not least the RAP implementation and the volumes of people using (and abusing) it.

So when I arrive and I'm there before 9, surely I'm one of the first in line to get in so I should be the first on any ride? Surely I could just get wickerman out of the way?

So when I arrive and I'm there before 9, surely I'm one of the first in line to get in so I should be the first on any ride? Surely I could just get wickerman out of the way?
You can do it that way but I find that by the time you've done Wicker Man everything else has got a massive queue.
Wicker man rides better later in the day anyway. I always go about lunch time when everyone is in the middle of the park.

I'd do The Smiler, Wicker Man is likely to have a lower than The Smiler for 95% of the day. In fact, everything probably is likely to have a lower wait than The Smiler, it'll be rare where it's in the 5 lowest waits of the 7 big coasters.

It's a busy one at towers today. Galactica, Rita, Th13teen and wicker man all on 90 mins and smiler is 140

Doesn’t help that both flats in X Sector are down. Both have been closed for a couple of days now and Enterprise has been closed for several days. Anyone know what’s wrong with it?

It's probably just technical issues with them both, unlikely to be power related. Enterprise has been known in the past to be down for a while when it goes down, and Mixtape has had about 4 days of consecutive closure earlier in the season, with this being its second once again. It's just unfortunate they are both down at the same time, in the same area, right next to each other.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.