• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

It was a tounge in cheek the gest. The fact I said I do appreciate the updates at the end, supports that. I thought that was pretty clear. Obviously not.

The tounge in cheek gest was being made towards the fact that there are a good number of people who seem obsessed with checking queue time updates, most of the time, being no where near the park. I get it, we are all geeks, this is what we do.

Loosen up a bit, I apologise if you received it other than how it was supposed to come across. Go have a beer and clam yourself down, life does not have to be so serious, all of time :)
No I get it, that's fine, I was literally just checking for Hex, that's all.

It's a shame it only made it open for like 10 minutes this time.

Getting this in before it closes for the rest of the season in approximately 1.5 days :cool:
Joking of course. Hopefully this is third time lucky, as it pretty much immediately closed when it briefly opened in March and July. Fingers crossed that's the end of it's troubles!
Guess 1 1/2 days was pretty optimistic..

For it to open 3 times throughout the season and pretty much immediately close in less than 2 days after each time implies something is wrong that they're not aware of. If it returns to "Closed Today" on the app then it's probably had it for the season. If it doesn't, then there might still be a chance.

Just a complete stab in the dark guess but its certainly possible whatever the issue is only occurs when the ride is fully loaded. I would guess testing with weight is very difficult on an indoor ride which cant get wet meaning dummies would have to be carried it at full weight plus do the park even have 78 dummies?

Just a complete stab in the dark guess but its certainly possible whatever the issue is only occurs when the ride is fully loaded. I would guess testing with weight is very difficult on an indoor ride which cant get wet meaning dummies would have to be carried it at full weight plus do the park even have 78 dummies?
This is a thought I had, but then on a particularly quiet day like today where it was only open from 10-10:15, I doubt it would have been fully loaded at this time anyway. I hope whatever issue this is can just be sorted in a couple of days, and not a couple of months, as the ride is very much needed capacity wise.

The fact they are trying to get it opened to make up for the loss of Duel does say that they still want it working but unfortunately things aren't going well.

I think we're all just dying to know what is happening and I would wonder that if Nemesis is going to be out for pretty much most of next season then Towers are pretty much aware that every ride they have in operation will have to be working and Hex is surely one. Yes, Duel/HH should be ready for the start of next season baring any problems but getting Hex working fully and maybe NST too would help show more diversity among the dark rides...and yes, permanent flat rides ofc.

Could they play around with capacity? Try a half-full vault? Or on the other end only run a full vault? Not ideal but if it keeps the ride limping through to closed season...

Fingers crossed really that that truly is the end of its issues. It’s one of those rides that is just too good to be sat there closed. I know that sounds strange as it’s had issues, but I’ve really missed going on it, made me realise how much of a class act the whole experience is

Hopefully I can get a ride on it tomorrow, I'll keep you updated if there's any issues or weird noises that aren't meant to be there again

Does Hex require a minimum group number before they can start the show sequence? Just thinking on a day like today with minimal queues, you could be waiting a while!

Finally, I may actually get to experience it this Scarefest!!! Can't wait. It'll be even more interesting if we see any activity around Duel before the end of the season. This'll be an intere Scarefest indeed, shame that the scare mazes aren't all that special this year though.