• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Someone asked about it on her latest insta post and this is what she put back.

I'm wondering if it's more of a tease of "don't be sad, it'll be back soon", or "don't be sad, but unfortunately it won't open this year". I've left a further comment to see if there's any sort of further insight

Attachments

• D3008ED3-17A0-4DEE-9DCF-8EC6BBC888C3.png
    D3008ED3-17A0-4DEE-9DCF-8EC6BBC888C3.png
    335 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Someone asked about it on her latest insta post and this is what she put back.

I'm wondering if it's more of a tease of "don't be sad, it'll be back soon", or "don't be sad, but unfortunately it won't open this year". I've left a further comment to see if there's any sort of further insight
I think it is what it is, it's one of them really. I think it's simply a "Don't be 😢 sad..." - Given that she's reusing the same emoji and language as the poster. Nothing to see sadly, nothing to report.

Thing is though, it has to mean one or the other regardless. It will either open this year, or it won't.
It doesn't to have any meaning behind it at all, because she hasn't actually answered the question or even alluded to it.

"Will the geese get Christmas presents this year? 🤬"
"Don't be 🤬 angry..."

This response doesn't suggest (or answer the question) if the geese will get Christmas presents or not. It's simply telling the first poster not to be angry, because they said they were angry. It's not responding to the first part of the message at all.

I've just read it and I read it as Bianca responding to the sad emote and nothing else.

Of course, in reality, outside of that post there are two outcomes, it opens this year or it doesn't. That's a fact that we all know.

None of that is implied or even hinted at in this post though. She is simply telling the OP to not be sad, nothing more, nothing less.

I genuinely don’t think they definitely know if it will open this year. I think unlike Skyride where what ever they discovered was clearly going to take the season to fix, whatever is up with Hex may be fixed or at least be bodgeable for possible some 2024 opening.

It’s no secret Vekoma have been working on it so it’s not like they ain’t trying.

It may just be they are awaiting parts, whilst I don't know how long vekoma will take certain parts can take months for complex parts to be manurfactured, and most of these parts are not sitting on a shelf in a warehouse, unlike the parts for your car, where thousands of the same cars are made it isn't hard to make more parts and store them as you will have enough buisness to justify buying the spair parts, for instance ryan the ride mechanic from what i recall said it would take like 6 months for a lift motor gearbox from I think it was B and M, if a part will take 5 months to manurfacture from vekoma then alton can only sit and wait, although I may be wrong and there is something else wrong.

would it not just be easier to get vekoma to install a new madhouse or something at this rate rather than wait around for ages for parts to arrive

If they don't have the part to fit, doesn't matter if its a new or existing installation, it's not available to fit.

Vekoma Madhouses are relatively common and a ride they have still been making as recently as 2019 so presumably there is an ongoing expectation for them to be able to maintain them and provide parts? Seems odd that this one is essentially taking 15 months and counting to fix.

Vekoma Madhouses are relatively common and a ride they have still been making as recently as 2019 so presumably there is an ongoing expectation for them to be able to maintain them and provide parts? Seems odd that this one is essentially taking 15 months and counting to fix.
I can’t be sure but given the age of Hex it’ll be safe bet the recent models are somewhat different to the older models.

Your point is valid though - you’d expect some spare part availability

I didn't mean they were waiting for 1 part for the whole time, I think they may have fixed it and were planning on opening it but something broke and now they are waiting parts, the timeline depends on the part/s that is requires, if it is just a gear, it COULD be relitivley quick, but if it is a part that isn't made often like an entire gear box, or a large part that requires custom jigging, a certain cnc machine, with other required machining opperations etc then it may reqire a large amount of oragisation to book the machines and other work to get them made and assembled.
When parts are made to order it can take a while to get them made and delivered.

In my opinion here (Rip my head off if you wish!), due to Vekoma being a company based in the Netherlands according to their own website, their storage facility which is located within the Netherlands was recently upgrades to hold more spare parts for their rides. However, AT may be using an older variant of the Madhouse. And whilst AT have probably retrofitted/upgraded the ride to a newer Madhouse model, if they are waiting for a part (or several) I believe the parts could be held back by customs due to Brexit red-tape. Which causes delays.
(Mods please don't bash my head in! xD)
I mean, just look at Vekoma's website here!

I mean, sure, but the ride last operated in October 2022...

Not quite true. It did open for the 2023 season in March 2023 for a few days.

Granted, your point still stands and it certainly doesn't take 18 months to get a part - unless the part they are waiting on, of course, only failed during recent testing and season preparations in the last couple of months. We just don't know. Its all very frustrating.

In my opinion here (Rip my head off if you wish!), due to Vekoma being a company based in the Netherlands according to their own website, their storage facility which is located within the Netherlands was recently upgrades to hold more spare parts for their rides. However, AT may be using an older variant of the Madhouse. And whilst AT have probably retrofitted/upgraded the ride to a newer Madhouse model, if they are waiting for a part (or several) I believe the parts could be held back by customs due to Brexit red-tape. Which causes delays.
(Mods please don't bash my head in! xD)
I mean, just look at Vekoma's website here!
I don't know much about customs/Brexit processes etc so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see how that can hold up things as much as some people think - at the beginning of this month I bought a shelf in Ikea that was made in Poland at the end of April. Unless there are some easy routes via customs when goods are being shipped 'within' a company that operates in the source and destination country, I can't see how there can be huge holdups that could be causing the delay we're seeing with Hex (or at least not helping the delay)?

Last edited:
We get supplies from all over the world without issues. I highly doubt something's been stuck for ages.

All I'm saying is, depending on if Hex has been upgraded to a new model of Mad House, could depend on how long a part could or could not take to arrive. Especially depending on what part of the ride might have been fixing/replacing if it is a mechanical issue.