• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Let's all have a big collective moan

Stevie

TS Member
I don't know if this is too similar to the 'I Feel Down Topic', or if there's any related topics anywhere. If there is, so be it, lock and remove it.

If not, here's the basis of the thread, have a moan. Anything that gets on your wicks. Post it, maybe you'll share connections with other moaners. Whatever.

Right, my one is when people always have to comment on my pessimism. I don't see why it's a big problem, it's my outlook on life. I'd like to call my view less pessimistic, more realistic.

Moan away...

I bought a pair of scissors the other day. and the packaging say "to remove from packaging, use scissors to cut tie"

WHY, just WHY!

People. Well customers. Can't stand them. They bloody moan about bloody everything even if there is nothing wrong. I had one woman moan saying that see couldn't understand why I had shut a till. I explained she was going home because her shift had finished and that she could use the empty till next door to do her shopping. Apparently this wasn't good enough and staff aren't allowed to have homes to go to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

delta79 said:
I bought a pair of scissors the other day. and the packaging say "to remove from packaging, use scissors to cut tie"

WHY, just WHY!
I thought that when I was in IKEA on Thursday! :p

Pink News plagiarised two of my stories! I worked hard finding them, and all they did was lazily copy me.

AshleeKel said:
Pink News plagiarised two of my stories! I worked hard finding them, and all they did was lazily copy me.

Well the fact that they copied you shows that you write good articles ;)

The way the doctors give you exercises to strengthen things and say it wont do much at all. :I Waste of time.... And the way I speak... I have a slight lisp and I stumble over words as I speak fast, so when I am explaining that the smiler is not a coaster that will kill you to my friends they just tune out. :(

BigDave said:
People. Well customers. Can't stand them. They bloody moan about bloody everything even if there is nothing wrong.

As a customer, sometime I wonder what the heck other customers are complaining about.
like complaining that the staff are miserable, then blaming the staff for not having the right shade of what ever blooming colour it was. That made me laugh.

I did break the ice queen (miserable till staff) at my local supermarket last year. I lost the filter between brain and mouth after a fellow customer said "Why the bloody hell is she closing her till " my reply "So they are not allowed a lunch break, to go to the loo, get a drink and a bite to eat. If your employer wanted you to work 8 to 10 hours with no break, you be up in bloody arms about it!!!"

next time i was in, i ended up at at her till, and i did my usual smile and hello. She smiled back and started chatting, much to my surprise. It turns out that she has the miserable front to stop customers moaning at her. I always have a laugh with her now.

My thoughts on shop staff, be friendly to them, it makes for a better experience all round.

I want to have a moan about the fact that the Towers are closed off due to Scarefest etc. My usual trip to the Towers consists of rides, the gardens and a wonder around the house. I have honestly not bothered doing trips in the last few weeks as the Towers are now off limits. I fully understand that the Sanctuary etc have probably been a success and this is why they're doing it. I don't blame Alton for doing it, but it doesn't mean I have to like it, hence this thread :)

What has happened to the word 'pardon'? All I hear these days is 'uh', 'huh', 'eh' or something similar.

The lady that talks on the Tesco self service checkout machine keeps telling me that my Clubcard has been "excepted". It's ACCEPTED you dozy bint!!

Maybe I'm a little tense......

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

I hate self sevice machines with a passion. the constant "please put this item in the bagging area" I ALREADY DID THAT YOU SILLY MOO! And the way it says "please take your items" I shout at it saying shut up sill woman. I am taking the damn items...

I like a drink which always prompts the obligatory "APPROVAL NEEDED" followed by a half hour wait for the assistant to wake up and see that I need them to press a button.

Oh, and whilst I'm on a rant, people that use cash machines who then get a receipt and decide to stand there reading it for half an hour instead of getting out of the way! GRRRRR!!

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

Pixie-Ro said:
What has happened to the word 'pardon'? All I hear these days is 'uh', 'huh', 'eh' or something similar.

Oh, I'm terrible for this! People used to comment on how polite I was when I was younger as I always said 'pardon', but I seem to have lapsed into saying 'what' which is so rude! Please pick me up on it so I can get out of the habit!

alee298 said:
I hate self sevice machines with a passion. the constant "please put this item in the bagging area" I ALREADY DID THAT YOU SILLY MOO! And the way it says "please take your items" I shout at it saying shut up sill woman. I am taking the damn items...

I love self-service machines because most of the time it means I don't have to interact with an actual person :-[

My moan is about people constantly making comment on my love for theme parks! I'm sick of hearing "you're going AGAIN?", or "don't you get bored?" etc. No! I don't get bored! Other people are allowed a hobby, mine happens to be theme parks and rollercoasters. My parents recently told me that my hobby was sad! My mum collects thimbles and Dad does crown green bowling! Grrrr!

Talking of hobbies, people think my other hobbies are sad. St John and Amateur radio.

The best comment i had for my radio hobby was, "that sad, whats radio ever done for me" whilst they where using a laptop with wifi (radio) connection.

Mobile phones, iPads, tablets, electronic devices where people walk around like zombies with their heads stuck in their gizmo's instead of looking where they are going. Seeing young kids walking into a restaurant holding their iPhones or iPads's then watching the family sit there at the table ignoring each other which each is on the internet, or facebook.

Its turning everyone into anti social zombies and kids of the future will have no social interaction or social skills whatsoever, let alone be able to spell unless its txt spk.

I firmly believe that in twenty years time, schools won't even be teaching how to hold a pen, never mind hand writing. I wonder if future excuses for not handing in homework will include "the dog ate my iPad"?

I tend to use a laptop because I have trouble writing. But for stuff like using graphs and tables then using a pen or pencil on paper is far easier.

huzzellio said:
The lady that talks on the Tesco self service checkout machine keeps telling me that my Clubcard has been "excepted". It's ACCEPTED you dozy bint!!

Self service machines which say please scan your clubcard before you even select clubcard, also machines that don't accept your coins.