• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Let's all have a big collective moan

delta79 said:
Easier said than done Alastair. you will have people in the world that have bad handwriting due to problems beyond they control.
My writing is illegible to almost everyone besides older teachers and me. It is that bad, I join up but my wrists have always been unflexible and when my writing starts its jagged and readable, but after about a paragraph it goes really loopy and illegible as my wrist then goes floppy and my writing flows like water and because of the joining, it just looks like a load of loops with the occasional space, "i" and "t" all my lover case letters to most people are either "c's" "o's" or "'s'" Upper case you can see my "f's" and the rest are loopy lines and bumps.

People who don't tie their shoelaces deserve to faceplant in to a rusty metal spike covered in feces.

DiogoJ42 said:
People who don't tie their shoelaces deserve to faceplant in to a rusty metal spike covered in feces.

I can't tie them. But instead I tuck them into my shoes.

How have you made it this far in life without learning to tie a simple bow?

After a weekend in London, it occurred to me how rude some people are. I just don't get why politeness seems like such a hard job for some people.

Yes Wembley staff, I'm looking at you!

DiogoJ42 said:
How have you made it this far in life without learning to tie a simple bow?

I've tried and I've kept failing so I gave up. :(

I find northerners scary when they are polite. It's not the London way.

It must be my 'happy-go-lucky' northern personality coming out then. I'm not impolite, unlike you Southerners.

;)

Cyclists who think it's great to ride side by side on the road. So tempted to give them a sideways nudge as I go past in my car! And that's coming from a fellow cyclist too!

I wish I had something witty to say here.....

I hate unnecessary announcements on trains. It's highly irritating, especially if you're trying to listen to speech audio, and it means you don't pay any attention to them, which is quite dangerous.

I don't need to be reminded twice when we're nearing a station, and I definitely don't need telling that the food trolley is about to come through the train. Can't I trust my own eyes to see it when it arrives? I don't need upselling to first class, and if I'm not in first-class I don't need to be told to go and collect my complimentary cup of tea or coffee from the buffet car.

I don't need to be reminded that it's a non-smoking train because everywhere indoors in the whole bloody country has been non-smoking for nearly a decade now, and it should be obvious to anyone that you're not allowed to smoke on a train. They don't remind us that this is a non-murdering train or anything else that is also illegal.

I don't care about the name of the retail services manager, and I don't want to be thanked for travelling East Midlands Trains - I had no choice in the matter.

Sam said:
I hate unnecessary numbers of announcements on trains. It's highly irritating, especially if you're trying to listen to speech audio, and it means you don't pay any attention to them, which is quite dangerous.

Totally agree. A 40 minute trip to Liverpoolwith Merseyrail is an attack on the ears, especially with the stations so close together, announcing that you are approaching whatever station, the next station, and the actual final destination, coupled in with safety announcements, having a valid ticket announcements, the voice telling you to stand to the right on escalators at underground stations (which Northerners can't seem to grasp!) mingled somewhere in between all that, the noise is constant.

To cap it all off though, on approach to interchange stations, when the voice has done her bit, the guard then comes over the the tannoy and repeats everything that has just been said. I am glad when the system fails and gets switched off, which seems to happen with ever increasing frequency

Train announcements don't bother me so much. But I will say that I prefer travelling on trains without them as it's more calming for me. Plus on regular routes which I travel on I pretty much know the routes and stations anyway.

I guess being a tube user, I'm used to turning my iPod up loud enough to drown out even the roar of the Victoria line, so the tannoy is not an issue. :p
But I completely agree.

There's meant to be snow in October, OCTOBER !!!! Bloody British stupid whether

Why do people even go to midnight game releases? Most of them probably have to go to bed once they get home anyway because they've all got school in the morning, and if that's not the case can you seriously not wait for like half a day and get it at a normal time instead?

my step son did not listen to me when he went to only place in town that sells games, the supermarket. and came back empty handed, as it was shut and not doing midnight release opening.

18 yr olds never listen. :D :D :D :D

I hate it. Go to Blockbusters at after school (or work, but any adult that goes to midnight launches should have their hard drive looked at by Operation Yew Tree), it'll be there half price 'pre-owned'.