• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

IMAScore are now clearly the market leader in this kind of ride audio. This is another fantastic soundtrack.

This ride music is awesome, IMAscore's work just gets better and better.Really does seam to fit in well with the ethos of the coaster. I can't wait to hear this properly through speakers tomorrow and not through my rubbish headphones.

As expected, the final track piece is now going in, with lots of people watching! Take a look at the live view here.

I'd imagine there might be an official blog update later with some photos!

:)

The last piece of track is now in place! ;D Here are some photos of it going in from the Official Blog:

RS_Helix-20140320-1380-2.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1427.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1607.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1411.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1482-2.jpg

RS_Helix-20140320-1623.jpg

All that's left to do now is put in the support that had to be taken out and sent back to Mack for a slight modification. That arrives back at the park tomorrow so it should be in soon enough. All looking good!

EDIT:

I have no idea what is being said but here is a video as well:

http://youtu.be/UETOzA7yWSE

The trains are ready to be transported to the park, they arrive on Monday:

IMG_20140320_120930.jpg

Photo from the Helix Blog.

Loefet on TPR has posted an amazing photo update over there. Here are some of the best ones:

helix_3_4_01.jpg

thumb_helix_3_4_07.jpg

thumb_helix_3_4_15.jpg

helix_3_4_16.jpg

helix_3_4_22.jpg

thumb_helix_3_4_41.jpg

The first ride cars have also now been delivered:

thumb_helix_3_4_29.jpg

The rest of the photos can be seen here, well worth a good look at them all!

It looks like they have now put all of the first train onto the track. Only a week and a half until the first test now! They have apparently said that they're putting a camera on the front of the first test run so hopefully we will get a POV on or just after April 7th!

Lisa, who runs the blog on projekthelix.se, has posted what she calls a "helix kit" :p

It's just a nice folder with some screens for desktop backgrounds, an android and iPhone ringtone and some phone wallpapers.

It's up on the blog at Projekthelix.se

I've already changed my background :p
6G3yN0t.jpg

A few more images have gone up on the Helix blog.

This shows the skeleton for the wavy cladding that's still to be put on to the station.
roof.jpg

I'll put these next three in spoiler tags, because they show the inside of the station and a train. Not sure how many people are bothered by it, but better to be safe than sorry :p
strain1.jpg

A train has been moved into the station for MACK to finish any fine tuning they might have.
strain3.jpg

Mmmmm, nice seats.
strain2.jpg

And finally, the view out from the front of the train, right before you drop into the first corkscrew
view.jpg

They're on track for testing to start on the 7th!

I'm looking forward to this coaster more than anything else this year, can't wait to actually over there and ride it! :D

Also, for those that have been following construction, you will have noticed that the pretzel loop is built on one big concrete slab of a base, a la The Smiler. However unlike with The Smiler, they have today covered it all over with soil and it will be landscaped. So you won't know it's even there!

The train has successfully completed a test around the first part of the circuit, up until launch 2. There aren't any videos or photos yet but hopefully there will be later in the week. Mack are in complete control of the testing at the moment and it is being done gradually.

Meanwhile, enjoy these new photos from the Helix blog showing some of the landscaping work around the ride area:

helix.jpg

vatten.jpg

pretzel.jpg

lisebergbanan.jpg

I love how they are covering up all the concrete!

They're definitely making a special effort to make it fit into the surroundings as well as they can, an extra step that a lot of other places wouldn't go to

:D

EDIT: It's got back to the brakes!!11!

G8h0qoa.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the top of the station grow out :D

With the videos of Alpina Blitz, Arthur and now this in the past few days - I don't think my brain can take much more Mack!

:D :D :D :D :D

Squeeee! An undressed MACK, running without it's front :p
ep3avUk.jpg

I can't tell if they're running more than one train, sometimes the webcams show a train on the brakes and one on the track but that's probably because the webcams aren't taking pictures at the same time.

I think they've only got the one train on the circuit at the moment. Each webcam apparently updates every 10 minutes but they are all at different times if that makes sense. Looks like they've been sending it around a lot today though.