• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

I'm just grateful that they're getting shot of the Gong Farmer. I really didn't like that scene.

The problem is with that scene is that the actor/actress, always has to repeat him/her self because of more people arriving from the boat ride. I always found, because of that, the whole scene dragged and ran out of steam.

Hopefully the improved scene will be better. :)

It'll still have people joining it every few seconds because of the boat dispatch, but I think making it less scripted will be better - as it'll be an interactive demonstration of a head spiking.

It's just the script wasn't very nice to hear many many times - the multiple references of poo just made it incredibly childish.

Some interesting photos posted by the Telegraph of the old arches under London Bridge station being cleared as part of the redevelopment. You can still see some of the Dungeons' theming on the walls.

THAMESLINK-1_3115421k.jpg
THAMESLINK-9_3115422k.jpg

THAMESLINK-6_3115420k.jpg

More here

I miss the Tooley Street Dungeons, and I miss the old London Bridge station as well :( Ah well, I understand why they had to move it and I do like the one at Whitehall!

Something I just found - here's a plan of the old Dungeons. You can see where the arches used to be.

tFT9KaI.png

Anybody here got a good enough memory (and sense of direction) to work out which scenes were where?

As much as I like the revamped Dungeons, I loved the Tooley Street version so much more.

It had so much character, which I think the South Bank version lacks. From what I remembered, it felt much more enclosed, which made it a lot more eerie.

Last edited:
I've been trying to work out the route of the old Dungeon ever since that map was posted a few weeks ago. This may not be 100% correct, but this is what I've come up with:

Dungeonsplanwithroute_zps2eae954a.jpg

Key:
1) Queue
2) Ticket desks
3) Rats
4) Mirror maze
5) Plague
6) Great fire
7) Doctor
8) Torture chamber
9) Judge
10) Bedlam
11) Boat ride
12) Sweeny
13) Vengance
14a) Jack street scene
14b) Jack bedroom scene
14c) Jack pub scene
15) The old Great Fire streets
16) Bloody Mary
17) Extremis pre show
18) Extremis
19) Gift shop
20) Toilets

Thoughts?

I've been trying to work out the route of the old Dungeon ever since that map was posted a few weeks ago. This may not be 100% correct, but this is what I've come up with:

Dungeonsplanwithroute_zps2eae954a.jpg

Key:
1) Queue
2) Ticket desks
3) Rats
4) Mirror maze
5) Plague
6) Great fire
7) Doctor
8) Torture chamber
9) Judge
10) Bedlam
11) Boat ride
12) Sweeny
13) Vengance
14a) Jack street scene
14b) Jack bedroom scene
14c) Jack pub scene
15) The old Great Fire streets
16) Bloody Mary
17) Extremis pre show
18) Extremis
19) Gift shop
20) Toilets

Thoughts?

That's amazing. And really shows how much they could fit in a small spacke

It certainly was an efficient use of space.

... Actually, when you see the route plotted out, it does look a bit like a merlin queueline :p

Just done the London Dungeons for the first time this past weekend, I think the whole attraction was great, however rooms like The Doctors and Barber Shop were much stronger than most of the others. I also found Descent at the start of the Dungeon slightly disappointing, it didn't feel like you were really in a lift, there was no movement when you'd been "cut free" from the rope you are told you're descending on, I think a similar thing to N:ST's lifts would have worked really well. I also found the drop ride at the end rather disappointing at the end, yes it's a small ride however it wasn't at all forceful, something you'd think a hanging would be. All in all, I'm pleased with the London Dungeon and would return in the future.

The floor used to shake in the lifts at descent. The fact it's a real lift is a bit ironic as it means you said it didn't feel like a real lift!

Last edited:
I'm glad someone said this! I am sure the first time that I visited the new one, the floors in the lifts shook. It was a really fun part. What happened to that? Poor maintenance or concious decision to remove it. Any thoughts on the new Tavern? Will MAP holders be eligible for the 'drink included in the admission price?'

They probably removed it due to health and safety - but, who knows. If anything the Dungeon is heavily maintained - just look at how often the rides go down (mostly over Christmas and new year).

Everyone is entitled to a free drink - and then the next ones you pay for.

I've just looked at the new Tavern on the website, is this just for Christmas or is it a new show all together? And has this replaced the shop or is there now just a smaller shop?

If anything the Dungeon is heavily maintained - just look at how often the rides go down (mostly over Christmas and new year).
...for annual maintenance, which of course occurs with all rides, but is far less visible on theme park rides where the park shuts over winter :)

I personally don't think that 'The Tavern' will work as well as people are suggesting. I'm excited for it ofc, but I imagine the drinks on sale will be expensive, which may put people off staying for longer than the free drink they recive. And plus, I don't see how each visitor will recieve a 'different tale'. If it is anything like Blackpool's, it will be mostly just actors serving drinks with audience interaction.

As for the lift in Descent, it does seem pretty pointless and anti-climactic to have flashing lights and sound effects with no shaking floor. Same with The Tyrant; Traitor's gate is permanently open with a sign reading 'Traitor's gate' that illuminates as you pass. Again something that taints the potential experience. My opinion anyway.