• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

Given that these effects are always used to represent a real human... Why not just have a live actor if you need interaction?

Was speaking to someone who works at the current dungeons (but isn't going to the new one) and he was sharing his thoughts on the new ones.

1) The plans on the lambeth website are out of date; the layout is completely different
2) My friend hates the way Merlin are taking the dungeons and the new ones will have no creative freedom for the actors at all... everything will be scripted the same across all Dungeon attractions
3) The new dungeon will be very shiny, with very advanced technology across the board
4) The New Ten Bells (?) Pub scene will be very advanced - and will be controlled by the actor as the actor is doing his speech in real time
5) There will be soft openings - but no one knows when - you just have to be walking outside during the last week of Feb.

All of the other Dungeons allow for some actor ad-libbing, in-deed the Warwick and Blackpool Dungeons have had fantastic actors when I have been (London always seemed hit and miss to me, sometimes great but sometime dire).

If the theming is done to the quality of Blackpool Dungeons then I think it will be good.

I feel the free scripts in the london dungeons work, especially when used in the courtroom or the plague section.

SamJ said:
I feel the free scripts in the london dungeons work, especially when used in the courtroom or the plague section.

I agree, coming off scripts to fit with the audience in front of you at the time has always seem to work in my eyes and find its more fun!

I do think the dungeons would suite a scarier attraction or two, maybe a separate path people can take for a scare-maze type attraction.... Or after-dark tours for adults only.

Why for adults only though?
Say it's aimed at adults and might disturb younger guests, but don't cut off young people all together!

I'd like a try at something scarier too!

I tried the Blackpool Dungeons yesterday and I have to say the experience was made a whole lot better by the improvisation and free scripting on the actor's parts. It makes the whole thing feel a lot more personal, I feel that if everything were standard the audience would feel detached and somewhat sterile.

The doctor on my run through was an outstanding actor! Was very impressed by the way he delivered his lines and interacted with the audience. Would totally recommend anyone to try it at least once.

The Psychoaster said:
I tried the Blackpool Dungeons yesterday and I have to say the experience was made a whole lot better by the improvisation and free scripting on the actor's parts. It makes the whole thing feel a lot more personal, I feel that if everything were standard the audience would feel detached and somewhat sterile.

Was this the first time you'd visited Psychoaster?

The number of times I've visited, there's very rarely been any improvisation apart from the preliminary introduction and court scene. :-\

I think they could make a fortune by doing a "Darker After Dark Tour". I always thought the street scene after Bloody Mary would be a great little scare maze... pump it with fog and have actors coming from behind doors and windows. Oh well.

Adam James said:
The Psychoaster said:

Was this the first time you'd visited Psychoaster?

The number of times I've visited, there's very rarely been any improvisation apart from the preliminary introduction and court scene. :-\

Yeah it was the first time I've visited the Blackpool version. I thought there was improvisation in quite a lot of it to be honest; the doctor, the torturer, the courtroom and the pre-elevator bit in particular. The only ones that were clearly scripted were the projected monk face bit after the elevator, the Viking bit and in part the pirate bit.

This photo has just been posted on the London Dungeons' official Facebook page.

72800_547180568626931_1407746529_n.jpg

Tuesdays, what a dull day. To brighten it how about a backstage peek at the new drop ride – DROP DEAD!. Sign up www.thedungeons.com/london/holding for all the latest news and offers from the NEW London Dungeon. Opens March 1st
(Photo Peter Gibson-Barnfather)

So a name change? Seeing as this one's top loading, I'm not too surprised, and it sounds good as well. Let's just hope the new Dungeons are good!

Strikes me that the main reason for having a top-loading tower is that the drop is concealed, and so comes as more of a surprise. Therefore, seems a shame to have a name for the attraction that actually pushes the 'drop' aspect right into your face...

josht said:
An after dark version could be potential brilliant
Think I'm being stupid here, but I'm not really quite sure what you mean...

Dave said:
I do think the dungeons would suite a scarier attraction or two, maybe a separate path people can take for a scare-maze type attraction.... Or after-dark tours for adults only.
Sorry was referring to this quote