• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

Thanks for the bigger picture, I thought it was the central column from the smaller pic on Facebook!

It's a shame that its being called 'Drop Dead'.

They had the opportunity to be a lot more clever and disguise the drop from first time riders, like what sub-terra did. Everyone will know what to expect now.

It's awesome the Dungeon keeps updating us with new pictures of the work going on.

Drop Dead as a name is a bit naff really, isn't it? It completely ruins almost the entire point of the surprise drop. Then again, Extremis wasn't exactly that amazing either. Something like "The Gallows" would fit so much better.

I think a good way to surprise people on this to clearly change the name although "Drop Dead" is the literal thing you would do if you died. But I also thought they could echo cockney children singing
"Ring a ring a roses, a pocket full of poises, a tissue, a tissue were all falling down" (and on "down" the gondola drops) :)

Oh and by the looks of that picture your going to drop more than Sub-Terra and the previous "eXtremis"

Is that not the row of seats though and not the actual tower unit? Looks like there lifting the seating down the shaft

It's definitely the seating. They'll probably have to lower it down to the bottom of the pit before they can install the tower, due to space restrictions.

I don't see why the drop element has to be a surprise. One is entirely aware of the attraction when you're told the back story of the hangings. Sub terra is meant to be a surprise - and works very well.

Joseph said:
I think a good way to surprise people on this to clearly change the name although "Drop Dead" is the literal thing you would do if you died. But I also thought they could echo cockney children singing
"Ring a ring a roses, a pocket full of poises, a tissue, a tissue were all falling down" (and on "down" the gondola drops) :)

Oh and by the looks of that picture your going to drop more than Sub-Terra and the previous "eXtremis"

Looks like the same 20ft as all of the other ABC towers.

nickhutson said:
I don't see why the drop element has to be a surprise. One is entirely aware of the attraction when you're told the back story of the hangings. Sub terra is meant to be a surprise - and works very well.
Well, but if that's the case, why go to the extra expense of having a top-loading tower? That surely is one main point of a top-loader, the fact that the drop is concealed.

Perhaps it will be using a different story to Extremis? So you aren't getting hung, it is something else that is happening to you.

Be interesting if it is.. as really, being hung you don't get lifted up to drop to same position, the floor gives way beneath you making you fall.

Top loading makes it more realistic!

Seems that way!

Higher capacity than the previous extremis, as far as i'm aware the old one was the bog standard 10 (well, 20) seater model.

As part of the build up to the launch of the new Dungeons, "...we will reveal some of the heroic villains of London's past that you will meet..." when the attraction reopens.

First on the cards is Sweeny Todd

sweeney-todd-page.png

It includes an odd little video of them removing this scene from the existing Dungeons (beware, repetitive music...)

Sweeney Todd moves to our new home

Could've sworn there was a fire exit in that scene, seems odd to push the seats through the whole attraction :p

There is a fire exit in that room, as its right next to the road.
These 1 set of seats were most likely pushed through the whole attraction just for this video :p

Hmmm, good point, again they could just be ready for picking up.
Taking it through all the scenes one by one seems a bit of a hassle.