• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

GAGrathea said:
And a massive massive yawn to everyone being utterly melodramatic based on a teaser picture. :)

No, we're being perfectly reasonable based on Merlin's past track record. Can you name a single time when a change to the AP has not screwed us over in some form?

As much as free FT would be nice for pass holders I hope they don't add it as they will not reduce the income generating quota of FT so normal guests will have even longer queues.

Merlin need to look beyond their KPI's and see how their parks reputations are doing on things like trip advisor before impacting on standard guests anymore!

GAGrathea said:
If I had to take a wild guess, I wonder if we'll be seeing further integration of Merlin's many foreign attractions - would be a good way to get more British tourism to them.

I would like this... Free entry to all Merlin attractions worldwide should be a thing (and would probably help Legoland Florida a bit)...

Tussauds used to have a day visit to Asterix years ago...

Dean said:
altontowers_185.gif
Looks very 'First Great Western' to me...

How many people would actually get to properly use a European or Worldwide Annual Pass though? For the increase in cost, would there really be that many people purchasing one to warrant Merlin creating it instead of pursuing something else? Apart from enthusiasts, I don't know anyone that goes here, there and everywhere visiting these kinds of attractions, and enthusiasts don't really make up a huge number of the visitors to Merlin's attractions.

A global pass wouldn't cost much extra for exactly the reasons you state.

However it's a great marketing gimmick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I imagine that what ever the announce on Dec 27th they will also announce a Christmas sale as well.

"Our annual passes have just got better (and more expensive) but grab one before the end of January for half price!!"

In all seriousness, I dont think the perks will change much ( well, they better not!! ) but instead we will see the introduction of the previously discussed monthly payment pass wwhere you pay a set direct debit each month instead of having to pay for it outright.

Personally, this will suit some people on limited income, but I also hope they keep the option to pay for it in one hit at the start of the year (or when the existing pass expires) and at a reduced price as they currently do.

DiogoJ42 said:
GAGrathea said:
And a massive massive yawn to everyone being utterly melodramatic based on a teaser picture. :)

No, we're being perfectly reasonable based on Merlin's past track record. Can you name a single time when a change to the AP has not screwed us over in some form?

More for less, year on year. I also do not like the word Premium. Premium is something you pay rather than benefit from nowadays. Based purely on Merlin's direction, I will be very HAPPILY surprised if this turns out to be something of real benefit rather than just a dressed up, marketed price hike.

"How much more will they charge us this year, and will they be taking any other perks away" is the general consensus when it comes to renewals, and rightly so, because their business path is clearly self evident.

"How much less value will my pass be this year?"

Merlin simply don't get it.

TowersStreet have all the details about the changes coming to the MAP, Many thanks to Natalie for sending us the email!

There are a number of changes coming to the Merlin Annual Pass in 2014, and they have been revealed in a email which has been sent to some current annual pass holders.

The price of the Standard pass has been frozen and the Premium pass has a number of new additon such as fastrack tickets for Merlin theme parks (worth £15), birthday vouchers allowing your to bring 3 of your friends with you for just £10 (saving your friends up to £35 each) within 7 days of your birthday and extra goodies and insider advice to help you to make the most of every visit.

In addition to the changes coming to the Premium pass a limited VIP pass will be launching in March 2014.

shot_131226_042906.png

Further details about the changes coming to the Merlin Annual Pass are expected to be announced tomorrow on Facebook, alongside details on the annual January sale. As stated in the email, anyone will be able to renew their annual pass during the sale regardless of their expiration date.

Hmm, the changes don't seem as bad as I originally feared. Will be interesting to have more info on the changes to the passes and the details of the new VIP Pass. Not happy with Fastrack on the Premium Passes, however. It's like Merlin are deliberately trying to make the issue worse!

On a slightly more positive note, the birthday ticket idea's a good one, and I suspect it'll be pretty popular.

The Merlin Annual Pass sale has already started on Chessington.com, so if you get your pass normally from Chessington you can do so now!

Well I paid £121 last year for my premium pass in the sale, so its only £4 more expensive this year, and by the sounds of things there is more included in the pass.

The only issue with the birthday treat is what about people who have a birthday during closed season? You are hardly going to take all your friends to Sealife center or Legoland Discovery Center. Will be good to get full details tomorrow.

Also the VIP pass seems interesting, we know Merlin have wanted to do one for a while, as each survey always mentions it, I wouldn't really be interested as its so much money, but im sure some people will!

If the January sale price for Premium passes is no better than the normal renewal price, I see little point in sticking another year on my pass now like I did last year.

djtruefitt said:
The only issue with the birthday treat is what about people who have a birthday during closed season? You are hardly going to take all your friends to Sealife center or Legoland Discovery Center.

This. They should offer a discount to people who were born in winter.

As for everything else, I shall wait for full details before I begin my inevitable rant.

Cheese said:
If the January sale price for Premium passes is no better than the normal renewal price, I see little point in sticking another year on my pass now like I did last year.

Normally the renewal rate is pretty rubbish, and it is cheaper in the sale. The prices above might just be for the sale period? I suppose we will know more tomorrow.

Dear god, a £500 VIP pass! I can't wait to see what they've got in store for that to justify its price.