• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Does anyone care what Golden Ticket Awards actually think? They awarded Valhalla best water ride the year it didn't even open. Most categories are won by the same park/attraction each year.

In any case I don't think either Reborn or TT2 would be considered new attractions.
Mmm I’d argue Penguin trek is best new ride this year (I’m joking)

noticed a very weird issue whilst on my visit on Sunday no idea if its weather related or not, if the train was stacking on the transfer when the train in front had cleared the station the drive tyres would activate before the brakes released so the train would shudder forwards and make the entire transfer table structure visibly shake. it's been having a lot of downtime today and maybe this is the cause? does anyone know if its ever done this in the past?

I often think to myself "Why?" with things like this.

I have a technical background, so I know things go wrong, and I know that mechanisms like this can often be a lot more complicated than they appear on the surface, especially with the majority being custom jobs.

However...

Animatronics or moving set pieces have been around for decades now, there must be established methods and hardware for these applications?

"We need a spinning set piece for our new dark ride."
"Ah, you need a Spinny-Spinny 2000 motor, the non-waterproof model should do for your purposes"

"We need a set piece that moves back and forth a bit for our new rollercoaster"
"Ok, you'll need the Pushy-Pully 9000 piston for that, rated for outdoor use, and we'll make the set piece out of our weather resistant material"

I see my oversimplification here... but you get what I mean? If it was a full-on animatronic I'd understand somewhat.

They've had lots of issues with it I believe, definitely intended to a thing though.

What is your source on this?

I really am not so sure it is meant to move. While from a distance it does look like there is a ‘hinge’, if you get up close and look at the top you can see that it is just one solid piece.

Look at the smaller veins in the below photo, you can see that they come up from the bottom half of the claw and attach to the top.

fc472be0f75cf7147a0f380b619dcc7f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is your source on this?

I really am not so sure it is meant to move. While from a distance it does look like there is a ‘hinge’, if you get up close and look at the top you can see that it is just one solid piece.

Look at the smaller veins in the below photo, you can see that they come up from the bottom half of the claw and attach to the top.

fc472be0f75cf7147a0f380b619dcc7f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The fingers are supposed to move, you can see the hinge points.

I think TPWW mentioned that people (staff?) had seen it testing back in April. He also has sources in the park that for the most part are accurate (one of which is his mum I believe) and I also think he's said his sources have said it should move.

It may well be one of those things that may need stripping back to fix and therefore is better suited to the closed season. I guess we'll need some drone footage to prove that over winter! 🤣

When you talk about sources in the park, you mean he harasses ride staff whilst on shift trying to get information out after Senior Leadership have sent a notice not to engage with him specifically...
Not to go off topic but is that a new thing then? As I’m sure the park worked with him what twice now? And one was an interview with Bianca?

I’m still yet to visit this season, but it is sad that stuff has started to break already! (That’s if it’s 100% confirmed that these things are meant to move!)

I’m pretty sure over closed season we will see more themeing added to the area especially with the arrival of the new flat. Can also see the veins being added to the new building also.

Nemesis seemingly didn’t open until gone 1.30pm yesterday and hasn’t opened at all today so far.

Are they having more issues with it?
I saw one test train go around it, about 15 minutes ago, none since. Ride attendant outside advising that they do not know if Nemesis Reborn will open today at all, but regardless it is not opening anytime soon.

As to what all of that means, your guess is as good as mine.

Any idea why it's down? I'm here today/tomorrow - queue was "closed" before it opened at 9.50am, though I did see a few trains going around beforehand.

Train goes out. Train comes back. What else were they expecting 😁