• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Has anyone noticed the rattle becoming more prominent on other sections of the layout. For most the season I’ve only noticed the rattle on the last turn. However, the other day I was on the back row and all slower sections were quite juddery. I assumed if the issue was isolated to the last turn it might’ve been to do with the track/ supports but now I’m starting to think it’s just the wheels

Has anyone noticed the rattle becoming more prominent on other sections of the layout. For most the season I’ve only noticed the rattle on the last turn. However, the other day I was on the back row and all slower sections were quite juddery. I assumed if the issue was isolated to the last turn it might’ve been to do with the track/ supports but now I’m starting to think it’s just the wheels
I would agree, from the feel of it when we had that warm weekend they did switch to warm wheels (the roar went away mostly) but recently I have noticed it suddenly came back when there was a lot of rain and it got cold again, so I am guessing the colder weather may mean they are running the cold wheels on

I doubt they're switching wheels on the fly like that. The current wheels on the trains are a bit of a mess though, you can tell when it leaves the station and it's already got a vibration

As I understand it, one of the trains is a bit dodgy but the other is fine. You probably got unlucky. I imagine the train might see significant work during closed season

I doubt they're switching wheels on the fly like that. The current wheels on the trains are a bit of a mess though, you can tell when it leaves the station and it's already got a vibration
I wouldn't have said it was on the fly, there was a noticable difference when it started getting warm (the roar ir developed went away) but this past couple weeks it came back, I was aware of places like bpb swapping trains for ones with different compounds dependant on weather, I guessed that if it got too cold for the warm wheels they may have been forced to make the switch, also it can be too warm for cold wheels (I recall hearing rumours that rip rocket ride at universal mealted it's wheels as they were trying to solve a problem with it going too slow by putting cold wheels on it)

As I understand it, one of the trains is a bit dodgy but the other is fine. You probably got unlucky. I imagine the train might see significant work during closed season

Went on both yesterday. Certainly not smooth as B&M have been known for.

Rode it twice yesterday. Unsure of train numbers annoyingly but here are my thoughts on the two rides:

1. Back row: Sounded normal but ride does judder. When I say that I DO NOT mean it's rough. It just has a vibration and the train judders, some places in the layout more than others. It just sounds and feels like some things just aren't tightened up right (I do not believe this to be the case, but it's the best way I can describe it)

2. Row 6: It really roared, was super loud. Sounded like how the Smiler was just after it opened. Same judder.

As I said above, it's not rough as all, just that it has a shake/vibration/judder. Nothing that kills the ride or stops me from wanting to re-ride, but it is there.

Finally got a chance to ride last monday. The ride was great and the new themeing is what I have been banging on about for ages.

I liked the live actors, however every time I went, the Phalanx and protesters were just stood chatting with each other and not paying attention to anyone else. I saw someone go ask for a photo and they completely ignored them and continued their conversation, Whilst it doesn't take away from the ride, it was a bit disappointing to see.

Has there been an update I’ve missed regarding the Nemesis YouTube video which was due from the people that made the (excellent) Haunted House one a year or so ago?