• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

I think it should be turned into an undercover seating area with either some of the food booths moved in there or vending machines selling snacks (not just chocolate). The whole of Towers is crying out for covered seating areas that aren't a restaurant.

I think it should be turned into an undercover seating area with either some of the food booths moved in there or vending machines selling snacks (not just chocolate). The whole of Towers is crying out for covered seating areas that aren't a restaurant.
Agreed, there definitely should be more than just the MB courtyard.

+1 for dodgems. Would also be able to be easily themed too.
I would be kinda inclined to agree, the dodgems at Thorpe is bigger from what I recall but not by too much, my problem though is the queue, I am really struggling to think where it would go, it dosn't have to be long but there is only that small but under the overhang that I could see it going in, as one point is the enterance to the land, the other has stone stairs and there is a wall around the back

The FV arcade will always be an arcade. I’ll eat my socks if it ends up being anything else.

All this talk about it being too tall to be an arcade forever - I’m pretty sure the X Sector arcade is even taller and has a bigger footprint?

It baffles me to think who is using an arcade in a theme park in 2024?

Baffles me even further than there are seemingly enough people to warrant building multiple arcades!
The four I walked past on Sunday, at Towers, were filled with people using them. As @rob666 is quick to point out, there are often many party members and bag holders who enjoy being on the park, but are content not doing any major rides and just want to be entertained.

What baffles me more is that people have actual cash in the first instance, to be able to turn into change, to play in the arcades!

The four I walked past on Sunday, at Towers, were filled with people using them. As @rob666 is quick to point out, there are often many party members and bag holders who enjoy being on the park, but are content not doing any major rides and just want to be entertained.

What baffles me more is that people have actual cash in the first instance, to be able to turn into change, to play in the arcades!
Now you see there Goosey Gander, over half of my elderly cluckers pay me in notes, and coins, and sing and dance when I point out Charlie on them.
They want pound coins off me to leave out cash for milkman and window cleaner, who both take cards, but by the time the poor punters are up they have buggered off to the golf club, so they leave cash out in little jars...and good old bank cash bags!
One customer pays direct into my account, I have no phone number, email, or even a flipping letterbox to post a bill through.
His money pops into my account eventually, after gentle prompting, but I never argue as he has mouse and grand prix cars on his drive, and you can't win with such cool people.

Now if Towers got a couple of decent pinball machines, with a decent space for all the body swerves, I might even get a season pass again.

And back on topic again...despite world tour attempt, I might have to sneak back at the end of the season on the dead days.

Now if Towers got a couple of decent pinball machines, with a decent space for all the body swerves, I might even get a season pass again.
I think it was last season, two modern Stern pinball machines appeared in the Mutiny Bay arcade. However when I visited a few months later they had gone again.

Unless you have a decent on site engineer, they can be a pain to maintain.
But cheers for the tip!
If anyone knows of any in the north west...off topic whipping incoming...

Modern arcades tend to have change machines you can tap a card on and get given coins. I noticed one at Chessington last week coincidentally.
There is a convenient one of those next to the £1 water blasters on Battle Galleons, for those of us who take great delight in soaking unsuspecting parents and their children 🤣