• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

As much as it’s nice to see Nemesis win an award I can’t take golden ticket awards seriously these days. I mean who is voting because fury 325 the best steel coaster in the world? Seriously
It’s just a different result to what you personally would pick. There are all sorts of legitimate reasons why Fury 325 might win that award.
What does this award actually mean? I know this might be a really stupid question, but what did it actually win?
Having done some further research, it won the Renaissance Award, which I’m guessing is some kind of award for a brilliant revival. There were other Publisher’s Picks as well.

It’s just a different result to what you personally would pick. There are all sorts of legitimate reasons why Fury 325 might win that award.
I don't really take them too seriously either, they seem very biased to a couple parks, I think Kennywood wins a huge amount of them quite often and they rarely cover rides not in america, and if they do it is almost always German.

In addition they rarely change it is just best steel coaster fury 325 constantly, it probably is good, but is it that good that if beats every single steel coaster? And all the other steel coasters have some differnt aim wether a family themed ride or intamin multi looping coaster there isn't some fixed way that means it dosnt change

Pffff! Can you believe the nerve of a small community of fans declaring that an obscure coaster in their country is the best in the world, without having left their own continent?
Where do they get off? That sure is The Ultimate insult.

Pffff! Can you believe the nerve of a small community of fans declaring that an obscure coaster in their country is the best in the world, without having left their own continent?
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Not knowing where someone will actually get off is basically riding The Ultimate with a loose restraint. I nearly ended up in the trees where the flat turn near the CCTV was on one ride. Amazing ride.

I think the point of the award was for reviving a classic.
Which if they ever did do the same for The Smiler it would definitely be award worthy. That ride has such an interesting concept, but I've always thought it was half baked. And if they feel like fixing the profiling there's always the striker option.

I think the point of the award was for reviving a classic.
Which if they ever did do the same for The Smiler it would definitely be award worthy. That ride has such an interesting concept, but I've always thought it was half baked. And if they feel like fixing the profiling there's always the striker option.
Making the station less of a Soviet inspired concrete flat and more into something unquie would improve the look tenfold but I digress.

Up to 70 rides on this now. Hoping to get to 100 by the end of the season which should be achievable.

I’ve noticed it seems to be getting a bit louder than it was at the start of the season. She may be starting to find her voice again. The rattle of course still remains and it is worse on train 2 currently. Seems to be getting more intense through the helix and down out of the loop.

They have drilled a hole in the drip trays which has made no real difference to it peeing on you up the lift hill.

Very very niche question, but if this isn't the place to ask it, nowhere is

Does anyone know why the left hand seat of row 7 has those little red brace things on the back, and no other seat? What's that about?

Very very niche question, but if this isn't the place to ask it, nowhere is

Does anyone know why the left hand seat of row 7 has those little red brace things on the back, and no other seat? What's that about?
I think it was @John who told me they’re so amputees can be strapped into the seat. (I think I’m remembering that correctly)

Hyperia had them too.

I think it was @John who told me they’re so amputees can be strapped into the seat. (I think I’m remembering that correctly)

Hyperia had them too.
This is correct! I wasn't too sure what they were either until John was telling me about them on Apollo's Chariot (I think) this summer, and then we saw them getting ready to use it for an amputee who was going to ride!