• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

After having a positive experience on Reborn earlier in the year. Reborn was quite rough today, seems to have this vibration and loud screech. The others in my party refused to ride it after the ride we had, and they normally love Nemmy. Just wondering how it riding for everyone else recently?

After having a positive experience on Reborn earlier in the year. Reborn was quite rough today, seems to have this vibration and loud screech. The others in my party refused to ride it after the ride we had, and they normally love Nemmy. Just wondering how it riding for everyone else recently?

Absolutely fine last week.

It seems to have sped up and become more forceful as the season went on - but not rough.

I wonder if it relates to a specific train or is worse in certain rows. It would be good to know where people are experiencing it the worst as there could be a pattern.

It's disappointing they haven't been able to resolve this issue though.

I don't like the new rattles and vibrations on the second half of it at all, but I've never known Nemesis in any form to be "rough", and I've certainly never heard any kind of screeching! I'd be interested to know in what way it was rough as this sounds like a totally new development. Wheel compounds maybe?

Regarding the new rattle and vibrations, I found it to be more pronounced at the front of train. Back row wasn't as bad.

I wonder if it relates to a specific train or is worse in certain rows. It would be good to know where people are experiencing it the worst as there could be a pattern.

It's disappointing they haven't been able to resolve this issue though.
Train 2 is the issue.

Any end seat is worse than middle. Row 6 is very very noisy. Sounds like they are running harder compounds on the wheels although it feels like it’s absolutely flying round the track.

It’s also pretty random, sometimes it can be fine and then you sit in the same seat and it’s worse. Might be to do with weight distribution of riders in different places.

Needs looking at over close season in my opinion. Or investigating properly. It must be the track around the final bend as it’s always heard and felt most around there.

They need to put softer wheels on. Should help with the ride quality at the sacrifice of speed.

It feels slow compared to the original as is, I can’t fathom how on multiple Merlin rides this is an issue. If anything I’d say things need to be made tighter “in terms of wheel contact to the track” to prevent movement.

It feels slow compared to the original as is, I can’t fathom how on multiple Merlin rides this is an issue. If anything I’d say things need to be made tighter “in terms of wheel contact to the track” to prevent movement.
Not just in the Merlin parks. I’ve heard Iron Menace has had quite a few problems..

It feels slow compared to the original as is
I think it feels slower as well. Everyone enjoys different things, but for the life of me I can't understand how people think it feels faster now.

Side by side video has proved that it's pretty much the same as before. Although the slightest difference in speed can cause different sensations, I would imagine that the slower and less intense feeling that I have on it, and the faster and more intense feeling others report, is likely mostly perceptual.

Those who like the new war theme, helicopter, and toy gun, are likely to be in a better mood and more embracing of it when riding. Similarly, because I really dislike all of the above, I probably subconsciously look for fault (whilst overlooking the old ones) when it comes to comparisons.

It's probably now approximately running the same speed it always has, and pulling the same g's. But one thing is for sure, that rattle sounded nothing like that on the original, and those vibrations were not like that before.

Reactions: Ash
I think it feels slower as well. Everyone enjoys different things, but for the life of me I can't understand how people think it feels faster now.

Side by side video has proved that it's pretty much the same as before. Although the slightest difference in speed can cause different sensations, I would imagine that the slower and less intense feeling that I have on it, and the faster and more intense feeling others report, is likely mostly perceptual.

Those who like the new war theme, helicopter, and toy gun, are likely to be in a better mood and more embracing of it when riding. Similarly, because I really dislike all of the above, I probably subconsciously look for fault (whilst overlooking the old ones) when it comes to comparisons.

It's probably now approximately running the same speed it always has, and pulling the same g's. But one thing is for sure, that rattle sounded nothing like that on the original, and those vibrations were not like that before.

Indeed.

Bar maybe the look of the track and the internal of the station. (Although I still prefer the white) I’d argue there’s little about the ride I prefer from the original

Soundtrack
Fencing…
Monoliths/cult/alien theme
Train design
The lack of “tidyness” to everything and mad max feel
The original track and alien paint scheme pre repaints

IMO I wanted to see Nemesis plus, bring back the Nosh bus…bring back to kitchen under the lift. Reopen the top queue line and add some better theming. Get the waterfalls back. Tidy up the station building and maybe re-do the internals. But keep the fundamentals. Maybe add a pre show building somewhere and replace both eyes with similar to currently.

I get why we got what we got, but as per. And it may be nostalgia. Feels like a downgrade. A bit like Splash mountain vs Tianas.

Indeed.

Bar maybe the look of the track and the internal of the station. (Although I still prefer the white) I’d argue there’s little about the ride I prefer from the original

Soundtrack
Fencing…
Monoliths/cult/alien theme
Train design
The lack of “tidyness” to everything and mad max feel
The original track and alien paint scheme pre repaints

IMO I wanted to see Nemesis plus, bring back the Nosh bus…bring back to kitchen under the lift. Reopen the top queue line and add some better theming. Get the waterfalls back. Tidy up the station building and maybe re-do the internals. But keep the fundamentals. Maybe add a pre show building somewhere and replace both eyes with similar to currently.

I get why we got what we got, but as per. And it may be nostalgia. Feels like a downgrade. A bit like Splash mountain vs Tianas.
Other than the externals of the station, I completely agree. It's a good coaster now, whereas the proper original felt excellent. There may be more than a touch of nostalgia in there for me as well, but I find that most praise showered upon this new iteration comes from younger folk who only remember the sorry state it was in for the last half of it's original operational life. And I think that's an unfair comparison, as I don't define the "original" as the fake rust covered track smashing around a sea of overgrown vegetation within a hollowed out area that it became in its latter years.

The original simply can't compete, in my view, with how awesome that station now looks, and the show piece of trains smashing over that zero-g roll whilst the eye quivers and smoke emits (while it works anyway. We all know this stuff will be broken and never fixed or replaced in a few years time). I've also never known the first half to be so smooth.

But everything else is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. What used to be an organic and mysterious post apocalyptic Stonehengey/Mad Max style feel to the ride, has now been replaced with some weird sci-fi warzone theme. Whereas the track used to feel like part of a monster, it now looks like standard Merlin coaster black, but with Hot Wheels style 'go faster' stripes painted on. Where a bespoke themed structure once sat, there is now a boring helicopter making annoying noises. Coming from Gloomy Wood to Forbidden Valley used to be a gradual transition, now there's an extremely tacky 'entrance portal', clearly inspired by Jurassic Park, but in reality looks like a less aesthetically pleasing version of X Sector's, with some random tank and ugly corrugated building in your face as soon as you walk in. Rivers of blood thundering above your head have been replaced with the world's crappiest looking gun, a Merlin standard issue shipping container, and car park, backstage, and access gate viewing areas.

The less said about the awesome soundtrack being replaced with whatever forgettable B Movie crap they currently pump out, the better.

Last edited:
Other than the externals of the station, I completely agree. It's a good coaster now, whereas the proper original felt excellent. There may be more than a touch of nostalgia in there for me as well, but I find that most praise showered upon this new iteration comes from younger folk who only remember the sorry state it was in for the last half of it's original operational life. And I think that's an unfair comparison, as I don't define the "original" as the fake rust covered track smashing around a sea of overgrown vegetation within a hollowed out area that it became in its latter years.

The original simply can't compete, in my view, with how awesome that station now looks, and the show piece of trains smashing over that zero-g roll whilst the eye quivers and smoke emits (while it works anywy. We all know this stuff will be broken and never fixed or replaced in a few years time). I've also never known the first half to be so smooth.

But everything else is a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. What used to be an organic and mysterious post apocalyptic Stonehengey/Mad Max style feel to the ride, has now been replaced with some weird sci-fi warzone theme. Whereas the track used to feel like part of a monster, it now looks like standard Merlin coaster black, but with Hot Wheels style 'go faster' stripes painted on. Where a bespoke themed structure once sat, there is now a boring helicopter making annoying noises. Coming from Gloomy Wood to Forbidden Valley used to be a gradual transition, now there's an extremely tacky 'entrance portal', clearly inspired by Jurassic Park, but in reality looks like a less aesthetically pleasing version of X Sector's, with some random tank and ugly corrugated building in your face as soon as you walk in. Rivers of blood thundering above your head have been replaced with the world's crappiest looking gun, a Merlin standard issue shipping container, and car park, backstage, and access gate viewing areas.

The less said about the awesome soundtrack being replaced with whatever forgettable B Movie crap they currently pump out, the better.

Completely disagree in my opinion the ride, theming, sounds and land are all a vast upgrade the area looking the best it ever has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk