• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Good throughput on my visit last weekend. Queueing from the container loop took about 20 - 25 minutes.
I can agree, whilst it mostly isn't a crawl due to the merge point (although if they just leave the queue open when there are no rap or fat track ir is a crawl) the queue moves very quickly and I have never whatched the whole pre show and rarely get to watch a whole message (usually I get halfway through the audio or video show and the queue dose a bit move.)

Thought of this tangent yesterday when I went on Minions and it had not one, not two but three pre-shows!

Pure bliss I’m sure you’ll agree @rob666
I think pre-shows work better on dark rides or things that explicitly rely on you knowing the backstory premise than they do on coasters, for some reason.

On something like Wicker Man, though, I think a rolling pre-show like on Curse would have worked better than the batched one we have now.
Good throughput on my visit last weekend. Queueing from the container loop took about 20 - 25 minutes.
That’s promising! On the second time I rode in March, when the ride throughput was notably lower than the first ride, that took around 50.

I’ve noticed that the throughput of Reborn, aside from the very first time I rode it where it was doing 1,300pph, generally seems a fair bit lower than it was before the retrack, by my reckoning. Before, they averaged a train about every 90s, whereas the average now seems to be more like 2 minutes. Does anyone know why this might be?

I’ve not been this year yet so can’t comment from personal experience but looking at comparison POVs, Reborn seems to absolutely crawl through the magnetic brakes, so is it that it actually just takes longer to get back into the station? On Nemesis when running well the train in the station was often dispatching as the other approached. If on Reborn it’s slower through the brake run that would mean there is now a gap before the next train enters the station?

Edit: For reference -

I believe when the train is full, it acts much like the original (I may be wrong but from memory I don’t remember crawling through the brakes to the extent of the above video); it’s when the train is empty that is the issue.

However, for some reason, the train on the brake run can no longer enter the station block until the train in front has fully exited and is on the lift hill. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure before the retrack both trains moved at the same time - ‘multi move’ .

I don't understand the obsession with preshows. They just aren't needed on a coaster. If anything they feel like they are delaying you getting on the ride.
Well said. Although I also think the issue is often the *makers* of the ride pre show getting too carried away with their own ideas about what the experience should be.
I love a good pre show. Would certainly rather spend 5 minutes doing that than standing in a cattle pen.

Builds up anticipation too.
Anything in the world is better than having a cattle pen queue, but in fairness you can deliver all of the anticipation stuff you're talking about without necessarily having a pre show

Last edited:
Anything in the world is better than having a cattle pen queue, but in fairness you can deliver all of the anticipation stuff you're talking about without necessarily having a pre show

Depends on the ride I think. Overall a walkthrough pre-show is probably best as that caters to everyone, as long as it’s constructed in a manner that you can fully experience.

I've just watched that video in slow motion, and it backs up that any claims about it feeling more or less "intense" are mostly perceptual and not really grounded in fact (not that there's a problem with that as it's created for the purposes of personal enjoyment). The G forces your body will feel are the same. Of course there are variables on the day anyone would ride such as wheel compounds and temperature, but they both appear almost identical there until you dive down out of the stall towards the final corskscrew. This is when the new version appears to loose a tiny bit of speed on the original (and it is tiny).

Interestingly, it's around this part of the layout that the vibrations and rattle become quite pronounced (I start noticing in when pulling up out of the loop). I don't know if this observation shines any light on the rattle mystery, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Well said. Although I also think the issue is often the *makers* of the ride pre show getting too carried away with their own ideas about what the experience should be.

Simple solution. Just upload some lore heavy-whatever exposition-like video on YouTube. It'll keep the unnecessary lore obsessed fans satisfied and it won't change the main on site attraction. Win, win for everyone!

Simple solution. Just upload some lore heavy-whatever exposition-like video on YouTube. It'll keep the unnecessary lore obsessed fans satisfied and it won't change the main on site attraction. Win, win for everyone!
Okay but what about context clues? The best kind of story. Have your lore videos and use that to explain stuff in the area that also feel right without the story. What where the big rocks for? Who really knows!

(Except I do know)

The issues with ride do seem train related though, with how they differ train to train. That's easily solved. If it was the track itself that's another issue.

I've just watched that video in slow motion, and it backs up that any claims about it feeling more or less "intense" are mostly perceptual and not really grounded in fact (not that there's a problem with that as it's created for the purposes of personal enjoyment). The G forces your body will feel are the same. Of course there are variables on the day anyone would ride such as wheel compounds and temperature, but they both appear almost identical there until you dive down out of the stall towards the final corskscrew. This is when the new version appears to loose a tiny bit of speed on the original (and it is tiny).

Interestingly, it's around this part of the layout that the vibrations and rattle become quite pronounced (I start noticing in when pulling up out of the loop). I don't know if this observation shines any light on the rattle mystery, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

The original had 28 years of speeding up, this one is fast already.

I’ve often heard people say that they feel Nemesis Reborn goes too heavily into lore and explicit excessive backstories compared to the original. Out of interest, what about the actual on-the-ground product of Nemesis Reborn do people feel leans too heavily into explicitly boring people with a backstory?

I only ask because I don’t personally feel that the on-the-ground product of Nemesis Reborn is overly explicit in its storytelling. Sure, it implies a story, and it gives some basic bits to set the scene (like the theming bits and sounds around the area), but I don’t think it once explicitly tells any kind of story, and certainly not any particularly excessive or drawn-out exposition.

The only aspect of the ride I can think of that explicitly tells a story is the marketing blurb on the website, and that’s not actually part of the final on-the-ground product. And even that doesn’t bore you with too many details, in my view.

I actually much prefer the new theme to the original one because I think the new techniques they use make the area feel more alive and immerse you into the theme more. I don’t think it goes overly explicit; I think they’ve struck just the right balance of giving you enough to build up a strong, immersive theme, but not so much that it bores people with unnecessary exposition.