• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster 2: Confirmed!

And that’s the first trailer! Planet Coaster 2 has been announced, coming this Autumn, the first gameplay will be released 31st July.

The trailer includes new (customisable?) flat rides, new coaster types (B&M Surf Coaster) and waterparks!

Last edited:
Was the stand up coaster not a B&M Surf coaster?

Needs more than water park stuff to get me hyped. Mostly making sure the game doesn't die a death if you have both park styles in the same map.

Was the stand up coaster not a B&M Surf coaster?

Needs more than water park stuff to get me hyped. Mostly making sure the game doesn't die a death if you have both park styles in the same map.
Oh yeah! I think you’re right. I’ll edit that now.

This looks awesome! I did always think it was a shame that Planet Coaster 1 didn’t offer a waterpark option like RCT3 did in one of its expansion packs, so I’m quite happy to see them add it to Planet Coaster 2.

I do hope my PC is good enough to run Planet Coaster 2. I paid very good money for it 3 years ago, and it’s comfortably more than sufficient for running the original game, but PCs have progressed a lot in the 8 years since the original game was first released…

It looks so good, your PC should run it @Matt N , not sure how well, but it should run it ok. Based on Planet Zoo and the optimisations they have done on the engine with that. When they release system requirements we will get a better understanding.

Anyway, some screenshots...

222211.PNG2222222.PNGCapture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture22.PNGCapture22222.PNGCapture22222222.PNG

TAKE MY MONEY!!

I have to say, I’m very happy about customisable flat rides as well. I attempted to do a themed flat ride in Planet Coaster once, and it just looked so awkward, because I had to try and flimsily put theming onto parts of the ride and it never quite sat right.

With this in mind, I’m glad that they appear to be actively facilitating this feature in Planet Coaster 2!

I’d also be interested to see if they extend the capability to have differing flat ride heights (a few flats did this in the original, but not many), but that is nitpicking from me and it’s not the end of the world if they don’t. It looks awesome!

I just really hope they haven’t put so much time and effort into implementing the water park element, that the coaster builder and other big quality of life improvements don’t get much of a look in.

Without reading through it please for the love of god tell me they’ve improved the paving system.
I just really hope they haven’t put so much time and effort into implementing the water park element, that the coaster builder and other big quality of life improvements don’t get much of a look in.
The website talks about “enhanced and improved building tools”, so I’d think that they would have taken a look at these aspects: https://www.planetcoaster.com/

I think they will have listened and we will have an overhaul of most systems. As there were many highly requested features and improvements. I am confident they will have listened as they were very vocal.

Last edited:
Hoping they’ve managed to increase the Eugene counter for consoles as well so we can build bigger parks, the previous version was quite limiting in that respect.

I wonder if this means multiplayer in the normal sense.1000060540.jpg

Some good information to read on the home page.

Last edited:
I wonder if this means multillayer...1000060540.jpg

That cross-platform feature, if I’m interpreting the writing correctly, sounds useful for my future Speed Build Contests! It would mean that I could finally share my templates with the console players and allow them to download them without having to provide step-by-step building instructions!

Note as well that it looks like they're developing this as a concurrent PC and console release! Xbox and PS5 logos at the end. Fantastic news! Console players had to wait 4 years for the first game, by which time I felt the game was showing its age. Makes sense now they know it works and they have a pretty good control scheme for it. I just hope they've done something to improve that damn piece counter!

Nerdchacho has confirmed that they were given an exclusive first look at Planet Coaster 2 by Frontier, and they can confirm a few additional features that Frontier did not explicitly reveal in the initial announcement. Here’s the video they’ve uploaded explaining these:

If you don’t want to watch the video, the new features they discuss include the following:
  • Weather has been added. The presenter said that while this wasn’t shown as part of the demo they saw, the GUI “appeared to have space for weather”, and Frontier confirmed the addition of weather in a Q&A following the demo. They’ll be diving into the weather more in a future preview.
  • You will now have the ability to rescale and resize theming objects. It will no longer be the case that your scenery piece has to be a certain size like it is in the base game; you can change it.
  • The event trigger tool has been updated. This has apparently been updated to be a “timeline-based” tool. There are also various new special effect types.
  • The paving tool has been updated. It feels “familiar to the original tool”, but apparently facilitates the creation of plazas and wider areas far more easily and allows you to do far more.
  • The coaster builder has been updated. It has apparently been updated to make it easier to use, and “many more smoothing options” have apparently been added. It was also confirmed that drop track coasters have been added, and there will be both returning favourites and new coaster types coming with the game.
  • You can now add scenery to both rides and coaster trains. As shown in the video, you can now add theming to flat rides, but you can apparently also now create your own themed zero cars using in-game scenery items.
  • Facility management has been added. The management of water and power requirements for rides has now been added, and there is an element of needing to have enough water and power facilities to match demand.
  • Water is more dynamic. This was speculative from the presenter, but they said that it appeared as though water had been redesigned to be more dynamic than that in the original game.
  • Guests have been rebuilt from the ground up. This is to allow for greater guest diversity and for a greater variety of guest types to visit parks.
  • New shop and facility types have been added. Facilities such as changing rooms and ticket offices have been added.
  • New staff types have been added. With pools coming, lifeguards have been added, and we also have two new mascot types in Queen Splash and one that looks like a shark of some kind.
  • Water park attractions have been added. As previously explained, water park attractions have been added. There will be a wide variety of slides available, including body slides, flumes, water coasters, and drop capsule slides, as well as a range of facilities like custom-shaped pools. Slides work similarly to coasters in terms of construction, being built piece-by-piece.
This all sounds very exciting, doesn’t it? I’m very happy with some of those feature additions, personally!

I wonder if this means multiplayer in the normal sense.1000060540.jpg

on the steam page it says this:
Build with friends: Jump one-at-a-time into a shared save to build a park with your friends or players around the world across platforms! Save your progress to allow your fellow thrill-seekers to build upon your changes. Race to the top of the leaderboards in Franchise Mode, or explore your creativity together in Sandbox Mode.
the asyncronous part and one at a time makes me think it means non synced up so you save a park on your profile, then your frend can join that park and work on that save file.

Well, that’s my time over closed season sorted! I’ve been looking forward to a sequel for years now. Just got bored of the original game after 600+ hours. This looks like everything RCT 3 had but with modern graphics.