• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Planet Coaster, RCT & NoLimits Quick Questions

NastyPasty said:
Gonna trouble you all again, whereabouts do I pop Belgabor's Invisible Doodad's path? It just says into your installation directory but this confuses me. :/

Hi NastyPasty,

If my thinking is correct then in your download folder you presumably have a folder named 'RCT3 Installation Directory.' Go into the folder, and copy what you want to install (any combination of paths, queues, or the custom objects), then make your way over to RCT3's directory.

In most cases this should be 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Rollercoaster Tycoon 3\'.

Once there, just paste the copied folder/s into here, and you should have installed Belgabor's Invisible Doodads. :D

Thanks very much! To be perfectly honest, I don't feel it was my fault I couldn't get it to work. On my original download from some obscure site there was no ReadMe and a lot of confusing folders with nothing in, with the OVLs just lying around in odd locations. I downloaded it from the proper link on the CS Depot today and everything was much simpler, but an enormous thanks for your assistance anyway as it just confirmed I was doing it right. Thanks! :)

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing the problem I've got with NL on the other page?

Edit: Reinstalled Windows and its working now :p

Reaaaaally struggling with this one.

Logged onto my home PC today to play RCT, it's a Vista. As far as I know nothing has changed since I last went on yet all of a sudden when I try to start RCT3 I get;

Error_zps6853e136.jpg

Any ideas what I should do? I seriously have no idea. No matter what option I select I still get the following;

error2_zps196c5261.jpg

The same generic crash message.

I would really appreciate advice, it all just seems so unprompted. Many thanks in advance, guys.

Try updating your graphics drivers and just give that a go. I had the same issue last year when windows update updated my drivers.

Quick question to see if anyone else has had the same issue:

I've upgraded my OS to 7 64Bit and I've put it on a new partition alongside my old OS. On the old partition I had several NoLimits tracks saved. I edited my registry so that the contents of My Documents and alike are pulled into the new OS and store in the old partition (Just to save migrating all my files over).

When I first ran NoLimits on the new parition I got the dialoug box about registering the for the full copy with my licence key. As many will know, until you do this the program will only run in Trial Mode, with limited features (One of these being you can't save and sim your own layouts). I've put in my key and activated the program, but now my tracks folder on both the new and old partition only contains the default files, and my own coasters are no where to be found :/

Does anyone know if when the game first launches in Trail Mode it'll wipe any custom tracks off, or are they stored somewhere else, and I'm not looking in the right place?

Ian said:
Quick question to see if anyone else has had the same issue:

I've upgraded my OS to 7 64Bit and I've put it on a new partition alongside my old OS. On the old partition I had several NoLimits tracks saved. I edited my registry so that the contents of My Documents and alike are pulled into the new OS and store in the old partition (Just to save migrating all my files over).

When I first ran NoLimits on the new parition I got the dialoug box about registering the for the full copy with my licence key. As many will know, until you do this the program will only run in Trial Mode, with limited features (One of these being you can't save and sim your own layouts). I've put in my key and activated the program, but now my tracks folder on both the new and old partition only contains the default files, and my own coasters are no where to be found :/

Does anyone know if when the game first launches in Trail Mode it'll wipe any custom tracks off, or are they stored somewhere else, and I'm not looking in the right place?

When I had a similar issue when trying to capture a video of a track and transfer some between computers, they were hidden in a different but the same ( :p ) folder. One of the hidden ones I think.

It's a similar issue to the RCT3 billboards I think. I had no problems transferring tracks between copies and versions. :)

I'll have a fish around and see if I can remember what the folder was called.

Had a look for Windows.Old file? When I moved from 8 Developers to 8 Pro, My stuff went to Windows.Old or Old.Windows, I can't remember which....

Like I say, I haven't actually upgraded the previous version of Windows. It's still intact, and the new version runs on its own partition s both are capable of booting and running themselves. Therefore there's no Old folder.

Hi guys! Very excited, just got NoLimits 1.8 and have no idea how to use it! :D

I've followed the online tips and have built a successful coaster with ups and downs and inversions and such but am still a bit clueless, does anybody have any tips for a complete and utter newbie? :)

Make all lift hills and breakruns completely straight. Also make your own supports after a while, the ready made ones are horrible!

Patience and determination, starting small and not being too ambitious straight away.

And look at No Limits Exchange:

http://nolimits-exchange.com/

Download some tracks, and concentrate on the shaping and smoothness of the tracks you download- try and ignore looking at scenery. My favourite two tracks, in terms of realism, shaping and smoothness are Grand Duc by LeFLO and Breaking Point by DC High Heat. Download those two tracks, and take notice of the quality of them both. Note that Breaking Point is designed with Newton, and Grand Duc is hand-built (and definitely the greatest hand-built coaster of all time). But, don't be annoyed if you're not as good as these, because these- like RCT- are the best of the best, and you'll realise to make it there you have to put in years of practice. And use the NLE forum as well, as I'm sure most questions you have will be answered in topics.

And, if not them, if you ask me any questions, I'll try and answer them as best I can. I've been using NL for about a year, so I'm still learning all the time, but I've been through it all- just like you will. Any questions, no matter how trivial, please ask- as I'm sure I've considered them myself.

So as I said a while back I've moved OS on my PC, and I'm just re-installing RCT on the new partition. Is there an easy way to access my old parks and CS on the old partition in the new instalation of the game? I just wonder if anyone knows of any ways the registry or game can be tweaked to force it to look under D:\ instead of C:\.

The original installation is entirely entact, and will run if I boot to my old OS, so there's no files missing or anything like that. I'm just thinking it'll be neater than having duplicates of everything, and also it'll save time spent copying stuff over. I'm trying to keep the new partition as clean as possible :)

alee298 said:
IS it possible to put a custom scenario into sandbox mode?

Go onto sandbox then select open, change the drop down to Parks or Scenario. Then load it.