• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

Guys...this will turn out to be an optical illusion for shure ! First it`s VERY unlikely that Intamin produces and delivers track pieces that are supposed to be straight when they are actually not. And second : I`ve seen optical illusions like this before...pictures can be deceiving if you look at a longer distances with temperature changes :) (sorry...kind of hard for me to explain as english is not my mother language)

EDIT : Now that`s interesting: Someone in another forum wrote, that the reason could be the way that those pictures were compressed. Don`t know...but still...I guess the actual track IS straight ;)

I think you might be right

e32lY.jpg

An example I found on what could explain the images. You can see the line above the finger is not straight when in reality it probably is.

I'm not so sure. There are three seperate photos of the track showing it bent in places, surely it would be too much of a coincidence for an optical illusion to be taking place in all three? Especially when in a photo of TTD the track there looks perfectly straight! Something doesn't seem right.

:)

They would be a laughing stock if they opened a brand new ride with visible bends in the track, not to mention the safety concerns. Something stikes me as not right.

They would be a laughing stock if they opened a brand new ride with visible bends in the track, not to mention the safety concerns. Something stikes me as not right.

It wouldn't be the first time that Intamin would be described as a laughing stock though, which is why I think it is entirely plausible. I see where you are coming from, it doesn't seem right that a stretch of straight track was full of bends. We'll find out sooner or later!

:)

94f3cd29976174ae45e6bbf886dd4cae.jpg
(Image: @Jmgb - PAComunity)

A new taller crane has arrived on site at Ferrari Land ready to install the highest parts of the coaster. This image is supposedly taken from around 3 miles away!

95389598bc559b7fe9f3538e5ae2dcc0.jpg

From another angle from Sam's post above
(Credit to the the lad in the bottom left of the photo)

When it started being built I didn't actually think it looked that tall but now its like woaaaaah.

I know its obviously to do with the speed but do the ramps leading up to the vertical sections really need to be that drawn out? It's halfway up by the time its reached 90 degrees.

95389598bc559b7fe9f3538e5ae2dcc0.jpg

From another angle from Sam's post above
(Credit to the the lad in the bottom left of the photo)

Not sure if I'm being daft here but what is the smaller structure to the right? Almost looks like frisbee supports

That's the top segment of the tower. They've built the segments on the ground ready to lift into place for ease and speed of construction.

You can see another segment on the ground at the base of the tower itself, I think they're the only two parts left to be lifted too?

Considering this won't open until 2017 it is going up remarkably early. I guess it's a good advertising tool for the 2016 guests to see throughout the season though I suppose.

When it started being built I didn't actually think it looked that tall but now its like woaaaaah.

I know its obviously to do with the speed but do the ramps leading up to the vertical sections really need to be that drawn out? It's halfway up by the time its reached 90 degrees.

It does look high, but I thought the same straight away about the inclines!

One of the oddest accelerators I've seen!

Well no, the oddest.

Is this a new design?

There could be some interesting G accelerating through an incline like that potentially?

I think if the project nears completion this year they may have previews and soft openings late on in the year. I've got a feeling Ferrari Land will be open all year round anyway. As it stands PortAventura Park is only closed just over two months a year.

The latest images from PA World. I can't help but notice the supports running up either side of the structure aren't in a straight line and seem to bend in and out of the tower. :tearsofjoy:

12717192_1083360258351600_3836460291245059035_n.png

Image PA-Community

I'd be going mad if they were building this in PortAventura Park, I'm not too fussed since it's in Ferrari Land. I think the Gertlauer team that built The Smiler were sacked and they've been hired by Intamin.

I find it odd that RCS can put together Taron in such a compact space but seem to struggle with a few straight lines!