• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura World: Ferrari Land

"gran cosa roja articulados realmente extraño que pueden o no ser rápido"

Or

Really odd bendy large red thing that may or may not be fast

What are the rides in the land again?

Launched coaster, shot towers, big go karts and some simulators?

And they want to charge a full price entry fee?

What actually justifies that pricing? Cos 4 ride types, and the Ferrari brand alone do not... Especially as they'll no doubt have a very overpriced shop to boot...

For the prices suggested I would expect a full sized park as it is the same level of pricing... Not a small land style thing...

What are the rides in the land again?

Launched coaster, shot towers, big go karts and some simulators?

And they want to charge a full price entry fee?

What actually justifies that pricing? Cos 4 ride types, and the Ferrari brand alone do not... Especially as they'll no doubt have a very overpriced shop to boot...

For the prices suggested I would expect a full sized park as it is the same level of pricing... Not a small land style thing...

According to the press statements there are meant to be 13 attractions in the Park. The remaining few are meant to be revealed during the year.

I think I've managed to find an angle that doesn't make it look bodged up and actually looks pretty impressive.
10409421_1069609289759328_6388171960955172307_n.jpg

Image PortAventura&Friends

How much are rides at funfairs again? Winter wonderland charge £7-£9 for ONE RIDE on their coasters. Charging that admission fee for a day of unlimited rides (minus queue times) on 13 rides, or even 5 rides doesn't represent bad value particularly since one is Europe's tallest and fastest.

Realistically, who will just visit Ferrari Land on its own and not bother with PortAventura Park. I can't even imagine hardcore Ferrari fans just visiting the Ferrari park without giving PA a visit at the same time.

Sure it's a silly price. Although are you going to pay that? Are most guests likely to pay that? No and unlikely, most people will go for the park hopper. That's probably why they've set the Ferrari-only ticket so high, so people think 'ah well it's only 10€ and I get to go to two theme parks', makes sense really.

I find it strange people are so annoyed with the pricing when there are park hoppers on offer. If there were no park hoppers and you HAD to pay 35€ whether you like it or not, then yes I would understand. With two parks for 45€ (£35) though... that's pretty good value for money.

That looks so skinny. I wonder if the supports will be able to hold the ride's weight as they look so thin!

Haha wow you really don't like this project do you?!

I have confidence that a structure of 300ft+ will have had to pass numerous tests relating to structural integrity as is always the case with any new build. I don't think we have anything to worry about there.

YES! Indeed it would be!

But it's not.

It's 60 Euros

The current exchange rate for 60 euros is £47.30 and that's the price for the combined ticket for both parks.

That's cheaper than the price for one day entry to most major UK parks.

Here you get two parks for £47.30. Good value if you ask me.

The current exchange rate for 60 euros is £47.30 and that's the price for the combined ticket for both parks.

That's cheaper than the price for one day entry to most major UK parks.

Here you get two parks for £47.30. Good value if you ask me.

I can't comment having not been there, but I think it will largely depend on the experience.

Price isn't equal to value.

I have confidence that a structure of 300ft+ will have had to pass numerous tests relating to structural integrity as is always the case with any new build. I don't think we have anything to worry about there.
I don't mind this project but I would have rathered the money went elsewhere.

I can't comment having not been there, but I think it will largely depend on the experience.

Price isn't equal to value.
£47 is pretty much in line with the rest of the industry. Even though people love to bash PA for the sake of it, it is a major European Park sitting next to a major holiday resort. I find the quality of PA pretty good minus some minor issues, so the pricing is spot on.

Today marks the topping of the vertical accelerator at 112 metres!
12790950_10153979721154394_6372191563250042304_n.jpg

Image: PortAventura

As for the pricing structure I've always thought the entry prices for the PortAventura Parks has been pretty spot on, if not too cheap. To say you pay £52 for one say at Alton Towers and only £46 for one day at PortAventura Park, I know which one I'd rather spend the day in, and it's clear which is better value for money.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying it's bad value. I am saying it's not price specific. If it's a nightmare park you have to pay a ton to avert queues etc, then no I wouldn't class it as good value.

I am still puzzled why they're building this coaster so early. It's going to be sitting around for over a year waiting to open, seems absolute madness to me.

Not to mention infuriatingly teasing

I don't mind this project but I would have rathered the money went elsewhere.

I wouldn't call it a nightmare park by any means, and if you did want to buy an Express Pass for whatever reason, it would still be cheaper than buying the equivalent at Alton Towers.

That's part of the problem. I have always been of the opinion that premium fastrack options should carry premium prices, otherwise it results in too many people demanding the product than the park can cope with.

Anyway, PA have posted some more photos of the topping off, here are a couple:

12744662_10153576271264608_2026675396798145720_n.jpg

10620707_10153576271269608_1960985702203184156_n.jpg

And yet another photo showing the dodgy track:

12745969_10153576271149608_5015882211162392462_n.jpg

I know some people say it is some sort of illusion but it has looked uneven in every photo I've seen of it so far!

:)